It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new Flash Gordan film.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Does anyone think they should remake the Flash Gordan 1980 film? I think from what I remember reading about the 1980 film loosing revenue prophets. Around $10,000,000 I believe. I think that calls for another chance for flash Gordan. I admit I liked the 1980's Flash Gordan but it could always be better. Think about it, if Hollywood made a remake of Flash Gordan they would do a really good job on the special effects and some of the original actors might be able to perform in the new film. Does any one know of a new Flash Gordan in the works coming soon?
edit on 12-3-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

Hell yes! But only Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge) should be allowed to direct it. Who do you think should play flash? How about the blonde kid from Glee!?
And Do it with 80's music!
edit on 13-3-2011 by Frater210 because: New Idea!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

That's a tough one. It's always hard to pick actors for the main cast. The original actor who played Flash Gordon didn't seem to old at the time. maybe he would want to be Flash one more time. They have recruited old actors to play their original part in remakes before.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
[color=cyan]Ahem!

It has the right kind of mix between ludicrous action, corny lines, outrageous wardrobes, and I don't think the cast could have been better picked. You can catch a vibe off of some movies, and I felt like they really enjoyed making that movie, you can just feel it. At least I can.

It's very hard to remake a period piece like that. If they do remake it, I doubt it will have anything at all in common with the original. Unless it were done specifically as a period piece on the 1980's. Like Donnie Darko--I think it captured the flavor of the 80's perfectly, and managed on top of that to be extremely engaging. I think if they do remake it, it will either be not funny because the humor is forced, or it will be too serious/gritty. I'm sure it will get remade eventually, I have a theory that all films that had an impact like that will get remade at some point, because someone wants to recapture the spirit of a film, or wants to re-envision it.

Then again, remakes often get people who haven't seen the originals to go ahead and see them, and any excuse to watch my favorite movie is a good one.

~ Aura ~

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PrincessAura

I agree with that Aura. If they do make a new flash based on the 1980's version it might be somewhat like how they made the 2010 star trek movie. Using that similar style of production but with Flash Gordan. And remember, Flash Gordan was not based in the 1980's it was only made in the 80's. The film was based several hundred years in the future. So yea Hollywood could remake it if they really wanted to.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Nope terrible idea.

Leave the classics alone.

edit on 14-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You know what they could do though? Make a sequel!

The original is begging for a sequel--the return of Ming! They could pull that off couldn't they?

~Aura~
edit on 15-3-2011 by PrincessAura because: Royal Typos

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

This may be possible. Good idea. A sequel....It just might work!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

That's true. I remember the ring, and the ? at the end.

I'd love to see a sequel.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Without Queen doing the soundtrack for the '80s version, I don't think it would have the cult following (or what I consider "cult following") it has today.

I'm not sure I needed it in the '80s, even though I enjoyed it, but I'm pretty sure I don't need it now.

Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Yea they did have good music on that movie! hope they include some on the next Flash Gordan film if they ever go through with it. I'm into the 70's and 80's hard rock.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Ok, I can't stand it any more.

It's spelled GORDON!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Ops. my auto spell check screws up sometimes. didn't catch that problem before.

top topics

join