It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird must be going on the sun has been rising from the north since Feb 2011.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My apartment windows face north exactly. East is off to my left from where I am at now. When I first moved here the sun was not shining directly through my window in the morning. Since about Feb the sun has been directly shining in my window.
It is my understanding that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. It has been rising from the north. The sun then seems to be setting off to the southwest.
Has anyone else noticed this? Is it possible that right now the earth has rotated. I wish I would have recorded what my local weather person said this morning. He said that the earth's axis shifted 4 inches because of the earthquake? I think it is something bigger that is doing this.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I have only noticed this in the last 3 weeks. I never had the sun shining in my face when I wake up. That was why I really wanted this apartment because it sat north/south unlike my last apartment.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
EARTHQUAKE WARNING FROM RUSSIAN INSTITUTE of PHYSICS of the EARTH
Posted by Real News Reporter on March 12th, 2011

A new report released today in the Kremlin prepared for Prime Minister Putin by the Institute of Physics of the Earth, in Moscow, is warning that the America’s are in danger of suffering a mega-quake of catastrophic proportions during the next fortnight (14 days) with a specific emphasis being placed on the United States, Mexico, Central America and South American west coast regions along with the New Madrid Fault Zone region.

link here www.realnewsreporter.com...

interesting...............

edit on 12-3-2011 by TeleMarketerFromHell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I too have noticed a slight change in the setting of the sun. I live right next to an airport and at a young age have known that the the airport behind me faced North exactly, the sun now sets a little to the North West.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
www.fox4kc.com...\
Actually I found the video here. It is lised under Weather Radios Earthquakes. He talks about the earth axis shift at about 3 min 10 seconds. Something big is going on overall and it has been since Jan 2011.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Maybe this will help you figure out what is going on.

seasonal positions

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
if your right i put it to earths wobble on its axis....i think we are having an increased tilt...could explain ice caps melting...it also could be changing the location of the equater...and n.pole could be moving due to magnetic polar shift

to add in 2012..the precession of the axis would of completed a complete rotation (takes many years)....

sheesh...i need a joint lol

edit on 12-3-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

No the sun is not rising in the west...
you are mistaken.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
not rising in the North either...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nivekronnoco

Well where I am it definitely rising from the North. I have lived here since November and only a few weeks a go have I noticed this. How does the sun shine directly in my window which faces the North when it is rising. It is at about 6 am when starts and lasts up until 8:30 am when the sun is higher in the sky.
In the day the sun does not shine in like that. My sister even noticed that and made a mention of that the other day. Liberty is off to my east and Smithville is off to my North. The sun is rising in the direction of Smithville not Liberty.
I have no windows that face east or west. I only have north facing windows.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Check the link JennyBee supplied.

The reason why the sun is rising to the north is the same reason why we have seasons.

Axial tilt.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TeleMarketerFromHell

I do hope this is all your work and not a coppy and past job. You may need to read this sites policy in regards to how much edit can be taken from external sites. There are legal issues involved. This story reeks of s.faal

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I just checked out those links again all the equations really confused me. So basically what happens in febuary is a rotation of that causes the sun to rise more north? In layman's terms this is just a normal seasonal cycle. I wonder why I never noticed this before. All my life it seemed the sun rose in the east and set in the west. Wow it is nice to learn new information even if I did not understand it 100%.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Sorry - But I suggest you get hold of a compass, sit it on your "North" facing window ledge, line up the red part of the needle to "N" on the dial and by magic you will see that your window is not really facing North at all....

Tried this method just about an hour ago now & I am pleased confirm the Sun has risen in the East today.

Have a good day, time for me to get my sunglasses on.....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by Chadwickus

All my life it seemed the sun rose in the east and set in the west. Wow it is nice to learn new information even if I did not understand it 100%.

It does always rise in the eastern half of the sky and set in the western half, it won't rise in due east (except in the march or sep equinox). The effect of the seasons can seem pretty drastic if your not used to observing it. Also your house might only sit roughly north/south not exact.

In a couple of places in the world the sun just swerves round and round in the sky all summer.......

edit on 13-3-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

This used to confuse me as well, lol. I never did pay too much attention to the exact location the sun rose until I lived in a place where my front door faced east and I could watch the sun rise every morning. After a few months, I started noticing that it rose in a different place than before. That was before I was a conspiracy theorist and I really didn't think anything of it, lol. The next place I lived, my bedroom window faced east and I noticed the difference there as well.

Give it a few months and the sun will be back to rising where it used to. I don't like it shining in my face either.

By any chance, are you going by the compass on an ipod or droid? The reason I ask is that my droid compass SUCKS, HA HA! Would be very easy for me to get directions mixed up using that thing.

Just saying I know how easy it is to not pay attention to something that happens every single day. I went 30 years without noticing, lol.

top topics

join