It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENOUGH with the Charlie Sheen avatars!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Really? Is everyone so proud of his lifestyle and/or actions? Or is everyone just riding his "Images" coattails for an attention grab? Don't get me wrong I like him in 2-1/2 men even though he's not acting, he's just being Charlie. But really, why?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Haters gonna hate...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack
Haters gonna hate...

And a follower will never lead.
I'm "WInning!"

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
For a website full of people who call others "sheeple"...they sure like to be part of the herd.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Lighten up, people are just having a bit of a joke with the whole Sheen situation. It's all in good fun, not a conspiracy, and periodically moderators do themed avatars just this time around general members decided to play along too. I'm not keeping Charlie forever as my avatar but for now his maniac grin kind of cheers me up every time I look at it knowing I'm at least somewhat more stable than him.

edit on 13-3-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I was sick of them until I saw my boy Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn, now its all good.

Anywho I really got no opinion on Charlie (believe it or not). But hey to each their own as far as avatars go I suppose..... hope...think... assume.....
edit on 13/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: spelling always the spelling

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Charlie who???

C'mon it's just a bit of pop culture fun. Nothing more nefarious or involved than that. A guy had a meltdown ( or a well scripted faux meltdown to garner media attention ) and launched dozens of threads in the period of a day or two. In response? Rather than becoming stressed out over it - staff decided to have a bit of fun.

Several staff members have already changed over to avatars in support of Japan. Such things are fluid. In my case - I am keeping mine for awhile because I like it. Eventually I'll make something, on a bored afternoon, with GIMP that I like more and Charlie will unceremoniously disappear.

And, FTR Mindspin... I have never called anyone a "sheeple". In fact I despise the word and feel it to be an empty and totally uncreative little ad hom attack for those who like to feel superior. People who like to feel superior irk me.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Agree with Heff above.

and this member nailed it.....

periodically moderators do themed avatars just this time around general members decided to play along too.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
I was sick of them until I saw my boy Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn, now its all good.

Anywho I really got no opinion on Charlie (believe it or not). But hey to each their own as far as avatars go I suppose..... hope...think... assume.....
edit on 13/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: spelling always the spelling

Maybe not Sheen's best overall, but definitely one of my favorites.

Peace

edit on 14-3-2011 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack
Haters gonna hate...

And a follower will never lead.
I'm "WInning!"

Not sure if you cared to noticed the rest of my mini-avatar, but I'm an anarchist. I'm not looking to lead anyone & neither should you. People need to learn to start leading themselves at some point.

Never begin a sentence with "And", it's "Winning" not "WInning", & I changed my avatar just for you... very effective rant. S&F

edit on 15/3/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: fnord?
edit on 15/3/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: fnord!

edit on 15/3/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: fnord.
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
charlie sheen? oh you might mean Carlos Esteves...he changed his name again...and this poor man is confused with himself he is not even sure who he is anymore.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Lighten up, people are just having a bit of a joke with the whole Sheen situation. It's all in good fun, not a conspiracy, and periodically moderators do themed avatars just this time around general members decided to play along too. I'm not keeping Charlie forever as my avatar but for now his maniac grin kind of cheers me up every time I look at it knowing I'm at least somewhat more stable than him.

edit on 13-3-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by Hefficide

Charlie who???

C'mon it's just a bit of pop culture fun. Nothing more nefarious or involved than that. A guy had a meltdown ( or a well scripted faux meltdown to garner media attention ) and launched dozens of threads in the period of a day or two. In response? Rather than becoming stressed out over it - staff decided to have a bit of fun.

I dont think it's funny at all. The guy is having a breakdown of some kind obviously. Mental illness is not funny.Sheen's disturbance has been exacerbated by the media. That he wants the coverage is one of his psychiatric symptoms. That we consume stories about him is a sign of just how sick our society has become. Why are we glorifying this guy and his illness? He is obviously very troubled and all this attention he is getting is certainly not helping. It's only feuling more crap to come out of his mouth

edit on 15-3-2011 by CandiceZ because:

edit on 15-3-2011 by CandiceZ because: meh...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think I might upload a Charlie Sheen avatar in spite of the op

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

I recommend it just on the premise that it seems to piss people off something mighty.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Charlie who... oh yeah, thats me. I love me.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CandiceZ

I agree, It's not funny at all. His "illness" is his own fault. Dr. Drew explained it perfectly. He WILL return to using once his "natural high" is over. It's not a matter of if, but when will he return to drugs.
For the other posters that think it pisses me off..... It doesn't. It saddens me that the people of this site would need attention soooo bad that they would jump on this tragic bandwagon. Mark my word, If Charlie does not get help very soon, we will be reading about his funeral.
Who's going to be the first to put up an avatar of Charlie in a casket after that?

top topics

join