It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rule Britannia, Britannia Rules the Waves...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A lot of the OPs comments are factually incorrect. We don't have much of a navy anymore, we don't have much of a military full stop. Also, I work for the British Government, and have never sworn allegiance to Her Majesty, nor have any of my colleagues.

Yes, we have had our dark moments in history, but so has Spain, France, Germany, Japan. The USA currently hold people in prison without ever having a trail...

Honestly, you couldn't find a more liberal, free minded, democratic country than Britain.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.J.C
What makes you think that ever changed?

Hmmm....the fact that there is no British Empire any more? We are now a third rate power.

The British Empire includes Canada, Jamaica, India, Pakistan, Australia, Egypt, Kenya, Ireland, Suriname, Afghanistan, Normandy, America, Hong-Kong, New Zealand, Burma, Nepal, Blize, Bahamas and Grenada in the congo.

Can I just check which century you are posting from? Some of those place would suggest you live in the mid-nineteenth century. However the inclusion of Normandy suggest some point just after the Norman invasions, or a few points during the 100 years war. However this would be England, and not Great Britain, which didn't exist at the time.

They have the Largest most powerful navy on the globe, larger then the next three opposing navies combined.

Again, are you posting from the 19th century? Britain currently has 2 small aircraft carriers...with no aircraft.

Everyone that claims to be 'American' are merley offshoot descendants of the British.

...and Dutch, German, French, Italian, African etc etc

They are the only nation within the recently constructed European Union to retain their distinct currency (Sterling £)

No, they are not.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

I thought the USA had taken over that particular habit recently?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by L.J.C

They are the only nation within the recently constructed European Union to retain their distinct currency (Sterling £)

Denmark, Sweden, Norway and I'm not sure if Finland did.. but we all kept our currencies.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by grapeian

Czech Republic also. and Poland and the baltic states. Don't forget that they are all EU now too!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by L.J.C

I thought there was an age restriction for membership!. if not there should be.

Surely 4th year primary school children having just finished this months term of history lessons on the British Empire, and decided to post before next terms installment

which is entitled.

1947 - 1963 - Downfall of the British Empire, 101

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The British Empire did not fall, it just faded into the twilight. All Empires die in the end. Even in my lifetime, nearly 50, I have watched our Nation fall into something totally unrecognisable (spelling?). I am still proud of my roots, but do fear of what will become of a once powerful world power.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

hahahaha that is absolutely absurd! I can't believe people are citing Pearl Harbour as a reson for some sort of divine vengeance. For God's sake, most of the people you posted on didn't even have parents that were alive when Pearl Harbour happened!

Pearl Harbour was obviously a terrible tragedy, but I would hardly say that the japanese people of today bear any collective responsibility for it. What a horrible assertion.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapeian
reply to post by L.J.C

Denmark, Sweden, Norway and I'm not sure if Finland did.. but we all kept our currencies.

Yep...Various EU nations have not yet converted to the Euro. The OP literally just fabricated that fact.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by L.J.C
What makes you think that ever changed?

The British Empire is the largest formal empire that the world has ever known. As such, its power and influence stretches across the globe, shaping it in all manner of ways.

The British Empire includes Canada, Jamaica, India, Pakistan, Australia, Egypt, Kenya, Ireland, Suriname, Afghanistan, Normandy, America, Hong-Kong, New Zealand, Burma, Nepal, Blize, Bahamas and Grenada in the congo.

The people of Britain are not citizens, but subjects of the monarch. Most public servants must swear an oath of loyalty, or make an affirmation of their loyalty, to the Crown.

Beyond Rome it is the largest empire ever created. They colonized 25% of Africa. The Only European power to ever control the whole of the indian subcontinent

They have the Largest most powerful navy on the globe, larger then the next three opposing navies combined.

It is an extremely imperialist power and often subjugated distant people for their own economic benefit.

Everyone that claims to be 'American' are merley offshoot descendants of the British.

The capital of England London remains the banking/financial centre of the globe.

Great Britain is leading the way in terms of integration/multiculturalism towards a 1 world imperial government.
Indeed her majesty is perhaps the most overlooked ruler of our time. By proxy the 'old lady' serves us well.

"God save out gracious queen, long Live our noble queen" ...those words carry true belief.

Weakness against the power of riches is found in all classes without exception; only a fractional percentage of men and women have the foresight and strength of character to resist and oppose that power, and it is unlikely that small communities would be able to provide any examples of such.

It is of course no surprise that most of the male members of the British Royal Family who have discarded their Royal Duty by mixing socially with Jews (Rothschild by name) are Grand Masters in Freemasonry.

...Fool if you think it's over.

Unfortunately, the Royal Navy is far from being the most powerful on Earth. I think it is often considered a close second behind the US Navy, but I honestly even doubt the truth of that. I would imagine that the Russian and Chinese Navies are better equipped and are much larger in size than RN (a brilliant institution though it is).

Most of our ships are way, way out of date. They still get the job done, but with the exception of the new Type 45 (god it looks ugly), most of our ships are at least 20-30 years old. Our SSBN's are a bit newer, but there are currently only four or five vanguard class as it is.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I am afraid the the long reach of British influence has been sliced off at the elbow. One for one, we probably have the best trained military there is, but without the infrastructure to back it up, we are just all bark and no bite.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb are just finishing off the job that all the others before them started. For what reason? I wish I knew. My uniform is probably hanging in shame at the back of my wardrobe.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

im so glad im not a member of this website, pathetic in-humane comments! this world is full of hate bitterness and self centerd twa ts...

people ask why im not on facebook, F*ck fag book!

edit on 14-3-2011 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lukeUK

im so glad im not a member of this website, pathetic in-humane comments! this world is full of hate bitterness and self centerd twa ts...

people ask why im not on facebook, F*ck fag book!

edit on 14-3-2011 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

But you are a member, it says so under your Name. Surely you would be better off focussing that anger on creating a post that explains how the OP and other posters are wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You missunderstood me, I have replied to the facebook screen shot and so was refering to that when I said 'glad im not a member of this website' being FACEBOOK!

Keep up!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thankfully we are not the power we once where... but in a wider context that might not nice for the world.

Plently of examples through out history to testify to that...

Back in the day that meant Britain taking one of the central roles in the reunification of the Roman Empire with the Armies of Britain marching to the drum of Constantine the Great.

Amazingly our fellows on that journey to reunite the Roman Empire where the armies of Gaul and today we again find ourselves in the same situation allied again with Gaul.

and I fear in our lifetimes we will see a similar reunification of Rome.. pity the fool who thinks that is not possible or dismisses the threat that poses to the world.

It is a bad mix when Mr Pope tries to drag Britain back into communion with Rome as this one is or when Britain joins forces with Gaul, its one of those signals that leads me to presume a major conflict lurks just up the road.

Either remaining a power or slipping into the twilight would be much better than what I feel is in store for all of us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join