It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valentich Disappearance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
First off dont know if this has been talked about here on ATS befroe if it has the mods can do whatever they would like to do with this thread

Now into the Valentich disappearance for those of you who don't know this happened on 10/21/1972 in the skies over Australia.

Frederick Valentich was a 20 year old pilot with more then 150 hours of flight experience

On the 21st of October 1978 Valentich planned to fly from Melbourne to King Island Australia, he departed Melbourne at 6:19 local time and report in to the air tower at Kings Island at 7:00 to let them know of his soon to be approach.

at 7:06 local time he radioed in to Melbourne to ask them about any other aircraft at his cruising altitude which was below 5000 ft where upon he was told that there were no other aircraft at that altitude. He then reported that he could see a large aircraft unknown to him that could only be identied as having four large landing lights on the bottom of it. Valentich reported that the aircraft passed about 1000 ft over head and at a very high rate of speed, following this he reported that the aircraft now approach him from the east and said he believed that the pilot of the other "aircraft" was toying with him.

at 7:09 local time air traffic control at Melbourne ask Valentich to confirm his altitde and to try to describe the other "aircraft" again. The only description he could give was that the aircraft was "long" but was moving to fast to make out anything else on it. Valentich stopped transmitting for about 30 seconds after this, Melbourne tower again asked for a description of the "aircraft". When Valentich reported again he said that the craft was orbiting above him and had a shiney metal surface and a green light on it. This report was followed by another 28 seconds of silence where upon Valentich said the the "aircraft" had vanished.

There would be another 25 seconds of silence then Valentich reported that the craft was now approaching him from the southwest, 29 seconds later at 7:12 Valentich reported he was expierencing engine problems and would still be approaching Kings Island, there was then brief silence until Valentich reports that the "aircraft" was hovering above him again but it was not an airplane. This was followed by 17 seconds of what would further be described as a "metallic" sound and then Valentich was never heard from again.

Apon loosing contact with his a search and rescue was sent out over a 7 day period the only thing that the pilots and ships could find was a oil slick near where he should have disappeared but it was later found out the fuel was not from an aircraft.

After to news of Valentich was put out on the news several people came forward saying that say a "long" metallic object in the sky and several other reported seeing a green light in the sky moving very eradically in nature. One of the people said that they noticed a green light following what they believed was Valentichs plane.

This is the final recording from Valentich to Melbourne Tower:

The following is a transcript of the exchanges between Valentich and air traffic control, from the first three pages of the Australian Department of Transport report:[19]

19:06:14 DSJ [Valentich]: Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet. Is there any known traffic below five thousand?

FS [Flight Services; Robey]: Delta Sierra Juliet, no known traffic.

DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, I am, seems to be a large aircraft below five thousand.

19:06:44 FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, What type of aircraft is it?

DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, I cannot affirm, it is four bright, and it seems to me like landing lights.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet.

19:07:31 DSJ: Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet, the aircraft has just passed over me at least a thousand feet above.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, and it is a large aircraft, confirmed?

DSJ: Er-unknown, due to the speed it's travelling, is there any air force aircraft in the vicinity?

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, no known aircraft in the vicinity.

19:08:18 DSJ: Melbourne, it's approaching now from due east towards me.

19:08:41 DSJ: (open microphone for two seconds.)

19:08:48 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, it seems to me that he's playing some sort of game, he's flying over me two, three times at speeds I could not identify.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, what is your actual level?

DSJ: My level is four and a half thousand, four five zero zero.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet and you confirm you cannot identify the aircraft?

DSJ: Affirmative.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, stand by.

19:09:27 DSJ: Melbourne, Delta Sierra Juliet, it's not an aircraft it is (open microphone for two seconds).

19:09:42 FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, can you describe the - er - aircraft?

DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, as it's flying past it's a long shape (open microphone for three seconds) cannot identify more than it has such speed (open microphone for three seconds). It's before me right now Melbourne.

19:10 FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger and how large would the - er - object be?

19:10:19 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, Melbourne, it seems like it's chasing me.[20] What I'm doing right now is orbiting and the thing is just orbiting on top of me also. It's got a green light and sort of metallic like, it's all shiny on the outside.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet

19:10:46 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet (open microphone for three seconds) It's just vanished.

19:11:00 DSJ: Melbourne, would you know what kind of aircraft I've got? Is it a military aircraft?

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, Confirm the - er ~ aircraft just vanished.

DSJ: Say again.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, is the aircraft still with you?

DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet; it's (open microphone for two seconds) now approaching from the south-west.

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet

19:11:50 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet, the engine is rough-idling. I've got it set at twenty three twenty-four and the thing is (coughing).

FS: Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, what are your intentions?

DSJ: My intentions are - ah - to go to King Island - ah - Melbourne. That strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again (open microphone for two seconds). It is hovering and it's not an aircraft.

19:12:28 DSJ: Delta Sierra Juliet. Melbourne (open microphone for seventeen seconds).

People say that he could have crashed but since there was never anything from his aircraft ever found i believe that we might have something else on our hands here, im wondering what the ATS community thinks about this

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Great thread I was talking about this with my dad,he told me my great grandfather use to tell him about these strang craft lights in the air only difference was the location....he was in the airforce..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by R3MYxISxBRUTAL

a lot of former airforce pilots talk about things they called Foo Fighters durning WW2 where over both Europe and the Pacific pilots would say that they were beening followed by strange lights that would move at very high speeds

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I don't have any answers, but I did find a report published in 2000 that comes to the conclusion that he crashed into the sea. It is a lengthy report and seemingly quite thorough, offering possible flight paths based on witnesses, the radio transmissions, ocean currents, etc.

The report comes to no conclusion about the UFO, which, of course, is the intriguing part of the story.

Valentich crash

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
What I think is interesting about the Valentich case is the fact that he was lit up by the green light, exactly as was described in the Coyne helicopter case...

And this case has been discussed numerous times here, see the search results...Valentich search
edit on 12-3-2011 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

join