It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City - Advice from any locals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'll be in NYC next week with a little extra time to kill. Aside from the obvious tourist attractions and sites, can anyone give me some interesting ideas of what to do while I'm there.

I've already seen the main attractions already so, I was sort of lookin for something different. I'm up for anything so, let the ideas roll freely.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The Staten Island ferry is free and a nice little trip to watch the sunset.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
yes, go to little italy, go see john gotti's old club, go find the best pizzeria's and eat good italian food.

you could also go to rao's, the most exclusive restaurant in the world, were there are only 10 tables. each table was bought and sold to 10 costumers and they own them for life.

but you can go to the bar and have drinks and bar food. many famous people have owned tables, including frank sinatra.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Walking around, shopping and people watching in Soho, the West Village, and Canal St. area. Visiting the Met.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

Thanks for the idea. I've actually never done that before so, it's worth giving it a shot.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I've actually heard of that place before and it does sound pretty interesting. I'll have to look it up and see how large of a bar area they have. Thanks for the idea.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mizd18

It's really funny that you mentioned Soho because that was one of the places I have already decided to visit. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Check out McSorleys Pub. Oldest Bar in NY and Always a blast. House rules to remember,,,if your not drinking
they kick you out. B.B King Blues Bar and Grill always have great entertainment. The Irridium Club used to
host Les Paul (Inventer of Gibson les Paul Guitar) but I don't know the scene there lately. Check out Washington Square park. You never know whats going on there and it is free. Central park as well. From what I ascertain,
you have been to The Metropolitan Museum of Art. The Guggenheim,The Museum of natural History. All near to
Central Park. But if you like to shop,,,Check out Times Square and then make your way up 5th Ave. to Bergdorf
Goodmans. By then your credit cards should be maxxed out. Check out Ground Zero for sure regardless.
You could spend a lifetime discovering New York City, that is the beauty and mystery of it.

Just remember, as one ATS member to another, bring hefty bags, and store your clothing,etc in them.
Like Jagger said....Go Ahead Bite The Big Apple,,,Don't Mind The Maggots. Nor Bedbugs for that matter.
To be fair, that is not just a N.Y.C. Problem. Have a Great Time!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Many of those things I haven't had the chance to see or do so thanks.

The whole beg bug thing has my husband way more freaked out than me so, I'm sure he has already prepared his method of defense against the little critters.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I would strongly recommend Chinatown in Flushing, Queens.
Avoid the one in Brooklyn, and specially the Manhattan one - nothing but sold-out yuppie garbage.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If you are going to be in the SoHo area you can check out the High Line park. It is a former elevated rail line that winds through the neighborhoods and gives a completely different perspective of the city.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Sounds worth checking out...thatnks

new topics

top topics

join