It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Moon theory may be slightly true

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
www.news.com.au...

In the link it says that some scientists do not believe the moon would cause any noticable change, while others say it may cause earth quakes. With the recent and devastating earthquake in Japan, I can't help but wonder if it is coincidence or whether the moon affected to quake. If it did affect it, do you think it will get worse the closer it gets?

Please, weigh in with what you think, and any evidence you may have.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

This is what I think:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

Your own article claims it's a crackpot theory, see the thread at the second post for further information. An ATSer has generously provided enough info for you.

And before you scroll immediately down to the comments section in outrage, please note the use of the word "astrologer".

Unless of course you think Virgos are more emotional than Scorpios.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Maybe comet elenin may have something to do with it? I heard it was closest to Earth between the 11th and 15th or something, is that correct?

EDIT: Ok, I was actually thinking of this:

edit on 12-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think BIG earthquakes will only occure when TPTB want them to occure......and I think a big one is soon to occure in the U.S..... Trolls go home. if you have one.....We have had enough of your $hit !!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I am big into astrology and as far as the "super moon" there has been a theory in that category.. it hasn't been that close to earth in about 18 years and on this occasion it will be full.
The energy of the moon has an affect, more animal bites and violent acts have been statistically proven to happen more often during a full moon than any other time however no scientific proof.
Perhaps just my beliefs, to each their own!
But I believe there will be some sort of show-down.
Whether it is physical or just the power of the moon having an impact on our energy.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Im not going to call anyone a crackpot here, and besides, the astrological sign attributed to people does seem to fit them quite well, at least the ones I know.

So I dont think that just because they are an astrologer makes them crazy.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
reply to post by boncho

Im not going to call anyone a crackpot here, and besides, the astrological sign attributed to people does seem to fit them quite well, at least the ones I know.

So I dont think that just because they are an astrologer makes them crazy.

I didn't call anyone a crackpot. I said astrology is a crackpot theory, and in particular the astrologist's view of the supermoon causing quakes is a crackpot theory. In particular because there have been many supermoons that have caused no quakes. And when scientists tried to make a connection to the moon and earthquakes there was no conclusive evidence found.

A crackpot theory is one that is based on no facts or evidence and relies heavily on belief.

If you believe in Astrology it is your right, but it is also my right to consider it a crackpot theory. If my next horoscope gives me the winning numbers to the lotto, I'm sure my opinion will change on the matter.

source

There's no evidence to support that," said John Bellini, a geophysicist with the survey's National Earthquake Information Center in Golden, Colorado. "There were some studies in the past that tried to link lunar effects to seismicity [the relative frequency and distribution of earthquakes] and there was nothing found

new topics

top topics

join