It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Full Japan Tsunami Height Emerges...Incredible.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
thats cool, i know i dont have a soul, but im still really sad that my ppl had to go thru that.
japan will see the rising sun again

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
If anyone can watch that video and not be brought to tears, they do not have a soul.

I have posted several articles and videos on facebook. I have all of about three comments. Period. I think most people here (Washington state) would rather just not know about it. Ignore it because that is easier. What is wrong with us?

I could feel the death approaching and I cried for them as they fought to live and now struggle to regain thier feet. God help us if we all lose our empathy. It is what makes us human.

RIGHT????

Yup, the part that got me was at the 3:20 mark with the kid an woman crying.
The power of nature is truly amazing, no matter what man can make nature can bring down.
As for your comment on Washington state. Personally, my take on it is their not ignoring but it shock cause they know that could happen there, but that just my thought on it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

If anyone can watch that video and not be brought to tears, they do not have a soul.

I have posted several articles and videos on facebook. I have all of about three comments. Period. I think most people here (Washington state) would rather just not know about it. Ignore it because that is easier. What is wrong with us?

I could feel the death approaching and I cried for them as they fought to live and now struggle to regain thier feet. God help us if we all lose our empathy. It is what makes us human.

RIGHT????

Indeed.

and that is exactly how most americans act when something of meaning, something of importance, something that is "uncomfortable" confronts them.

"Ignore it, forget about it.. Just dont tell me, because that is easiest! "
"as long as I dont know, I dont care"
"if it doesnt effect me directly, so what?"

Sadly this is the majority of "people".. at least in the "good ole USA".

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I've seen some pictures of people on facebook writing things such as "remember Pearl Harbour?" and "Karma's a b*tch, that's what you get for bombing Peal Harbour". I don't understand how utterly stupid and thoughtless some people can be
edit on 13/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Truly humbling and sadly shows how brief our existence really is. My heart goes out to them all.
Towards the end, the large boat around 8:50 appeared to have it engines going?

Yeah, I watched it a couple times and I'd say they were on and trying to move, but the current was too strong.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well said, Westcoast. I just watched the video and it had the same effect on me. I've followed all the different EQ threads for two days and am impressed by the posts made by those who are truly trying to keep us informed, you guys are awesome. I am horrified at the immense destruction in Japan and can only begin to imagine the fear and heartbreak being felt by all who once lived there. My four-year old grandson is in Okinawa and I am fearful regarding the effects of radiation if the reactors meltdown, so I follow ATS as my trusted source of updates.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
heart breaking all those poor people, I believe The japanese will emerge out of this a stronger people
edit on 13-3-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Watching that I'm astonished that more people didn't die. Those waves are huge and at that size if that thing hits you you're never getting back up. If anyone here has ever surfed then you can atest to the power and verocity a 5ft wave can produce never mind a 30ft one.

Looking through the internet and I've been seeing a lot of comments saying Japan deserved it. Well, if they can look at that little girl crying at the beginning of the video and still say that then they have no heart. I just hope that they can sort the nuclear plant out or at least evacuate everyone before it goes.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
amazing video, all my thoughts go to those who have lost loved ones over there, truly devastating. i think the fault line in USA is gonna be next.........my prediction, maybe even tommoro (15thmarch)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Makes you realise that no matter how powerful we as a race think we are, when it comes to nature we're truely powerless.

It's time we started respecting this planet we live on because ultimately it doesn't need us to survive but we need it!
edit on 13/3/11 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

RIGHT????

Unfortunately (or maybe it's a survival mechanism IDK) humans seem wired to seek pleasure and avoid pain (physical and mental), which is why I can understand some peoples lack of empathy. It would be painful, so rather avoid, ignore, distract from reality etc. Some are just truly selfish, hopefully few and far between.

I CANNOT imagine what those people are going through, it's too horrific for me to comprehend it, my heart goes out to them, and although not religious, I can only say 'There, but for the grace of god, go I.'

I grew up with this creed on a plaque in our house (my father was a Nomads golfer) so read it often when I passed it. As I've gotten older, those words have hit home more and I think of them especially at a time like this.

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as a manor of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. John Donne

To all those suffering in Japan and beyond, I'm grieving with you

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I have just seen updated footage showing not one but repeated waves striking land.After the initial Tsunami the waves just kept coming Anyone near the cost apeared to have little chance.Our Thoughts and Love to the people of Japan at this difficult time.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

History,we can go on for ever.What about Hiroshima,Nagaski,what about Americas killing of innocent civillians all over the world since the end of the second world war,to the present day.What more can you say about the USA,not a great deal,as Bush said you are either with us or with the terrorists,there was no other choice.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Someone here mentioned the multiple tunami waves that pounded Japan... well, here's the footage.

edit on 13-3-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You just cant imagin what they are going through,.
I also just heard the temps there are gonna be real cold tonight,.
no electricity? man what a drag

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Someone asked will California get one like that. Yep, eventually. Maybe not this year or even this century, but it will get one for certain and it will be bigger. Imagine a 20 metre wave washing across LA toward the Hollywood hills...!!! Yet people will still live there and they will still wonder why when it happens. Mind you if you go inland you have the Madras fault too so the poor ol USA doesn't have much hope really. Of course there is always ther Atlantic faultline that doesn't get many quakes... yet.

The earth will do what the earth will do and we can do nothing about it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Absolutely, stunningly, jawdropping... The part where there's like a white car floating by, then that whole transport truck comes sailing by... I live in the "Lower Mainland" area of Vancouver. I am up on one of the "rocky fingers" of land that extend and slowly descend to the ocean, but I am safe from the cataclysmic wave that will rush through an area adjacent to Vancouver called Richmond, which is basically at or below sea level. They can only build so high because the ground beneath them is swamp. When i saw the first images of that wave rolling across the Japanese country side, I immediately knew that is what is going to happen and probably worse. As long as the gas lines around my place don't catch my home on fire, I should be able to "make it" through the 9.+ earthquake that is over-due for this area.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by Ahmose

I've seen some pictures of people on facebook writing things such as "remember Pearl Harbour?" and "Karma's a b*tch, that's what you get for bombing Peal Harbour". I don't understand how utterly stupid and thoughtless some people can be
edit on 13/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

These people make America look so bad in the eyes of the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Someone mentioned early on about walls to protect the cities, Considering just how fast that water was travelling and the sheer volume we're looking at the pacific ocean behind those waves. It doesn't seem feasible that anything man made could protect anyone or anything from such awesome power.

Have to feel for those people no matter what happened in years gone by, the people who are facing such a tragedy do not deserve to be.

You cannot cast a hateful eye on those who were not personally responsible for atrocities committed before their time, this isn't karma.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I had a gut-wrenching feeling all the way up to around 3:11.....then I burst into tears.
Each human life lost is indeed a tragedy, but seeing that little girl crying made me burst out into tears.
It's one things watching on tv and seeing the damage it was doing to the land and buildings, but it's definitely another things to see the emotions of the people while it happened.
Man......

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join