It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Full Japan Tsunami Height Emerges...Incredible.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
after watching the hudred of videos in the last few days plus this one here, which features that new age apocalyptic soundtrack.. i can't help of thinking about all the apocalypic scenes that are portrayed in many anime shows. the most popular being Akira....

it's not my intention to derail this thread by TrueAmerican or to go too far off topic, but i would like to share some of the tsunami footage and damage that we had here in hawaii, so here is a repost of mine from another thread:

Originally posted by bladdersweat
aloha everyone,b-sweat here, i was on here the morning of the 11 th giving live updates here on the big island of hawaii regarding the tsunami that was generated towards our state; if anyone would like to view some of the live footage and aftermath of the destructive tsunami surge here in Kailua-Kona, another big island ats member mayabong has started this thread: Footage of Tsunami hitting Kona, HI
and i also made this post here showing more vids of waves and aftermath destruction.

i must say much mahalo's to all fellow ats'ers who sent their deep thoughts and prayers our way, and great job on the part of our local civil defense and hawaii's finest(hawaii police dept.).(we don't need fema!) we got through with no fatalities, albeit a few million dollars damages and lost property. and a lifetime of memories for all the tourists that got to experience a little more than an ordinary hawaiian vacation.

edit on 063131p://2011-03-13T06:59:23-05:00201103 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I am speechless by that video. Just the raw power of those waves puts into perspective how small we insects really are, as we try to tame the wilds of this speck of dust called Earth. It ought to humble any man or woman on a power trip. We are mere guests, and at anytime the welcome mat can be pulled out from under us.

Unfortunately, this is probably not even the worse of what the Earth has in store for us? I recall Katrina, the Haiti Quake, the Pakistani Floods, Chilean Quake, and the Tsunami of 2004 which were all serious affairs in their own right. However, in all my years on this earth I have yet to see anything like this. One just has to gasp and sit in stoic silence at what nature is capable of on a bad day.

Moreover, with all the casualties, damage to infrastructure, and the on-going nuclear emergency; the world needs to stand with Japan during its darkest hour. Put aside the differences and prejudices of the past for one moment, and look at this disaster as shock to the system. Over night Japan may have been reduced from a first world nation to the third world? If this is not the costliest disaster in human history, it ought to be very high on the list.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

can i star you twice!! thank you so much for those words. you have put into writing what many of us are feeling at the moment. if any goodness may come from our ongoing human experience is that we may begin to look upon not only our neighbors across the street but also our neighbors across oceans with eyes of humility and compassion. EVOLVE.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I feell so sorry for Japanees...it's breaking my heart...specially when children suffering that kind of tragedy.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

People who don't cry when seeing this are most likely less emotional than your average folks. Just never say to these people that they don't have a soul. It can end badly.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Speak for yourself. If you see yourself as an insignificant insect go ahead. Just don't speak for the rest of us that don't.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Amazing video! Reminds you that Mother Nature is the one in charge of this planet and that with a simple "flick of her wrist" she can undo any and all of our achievements. We have for far too long abused this gift, Earth, that we have been given. We have destroyed the balance of nature and every action will have a reaction.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thank you so much for sharing this video.

This video has something I have not seen hardly at all in all the news coverage: people. I simply can't understand it. After many disasters there are interviews and pictures with - people. I have not seen but maybe two interviews with a local person. I don't know the reason for this if it's the language barrier or what but I've found it unsettling. I've seen countless pictures and videos of structual damage which are indeed shocking and moving but I'm interested in the human response. My concern is for the people, the children, and the families separated even now days later. Can you imagine not knowing the fate of your spouse, your child, or a parent? It was 2:47 pm local time, a time when many people are going about their daily business of school, work, and shopping.

I found the part of the video of the people on the bridge watching the wave wash away their community with the child clutching to their mother heartbreaking and reveals the real destruction: A home can be rebuilt but a family is irreplaceable.

Thanks again for sharing.
edit on 3/13/2011 by Whisper67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
If anyone can watch that video and not be brought to tears, they do not have a soul.

I have posted several articles and videos on facebook. I have all of about three comments. Period. I think most people here (Washington state) would rather just not know about it. Ignore it because that is easier. What is wrong with us?

I could feel the death approaching and I cried for them as they fought to live and now struggle to regain thier feet. God help us if we all lose our empathy. It is what makes us human.

RIGHT????

Yeah noone on my FB seem's to give a toss either and that's UK. I usually go out at the weekends, but not this time. OH went and made excuses for me, told people I'm particularly sensitive to this sort of thing. Sensitive, you betcha and enraged. Particularly that folks neither cared nor knew to mention it or that OH couldn't understand why I chose to take my two year old to bed the night of the 11th for cuddles.!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well as you can see,. Japans building codes are awesome,.
I was amazed to see so many houses floating in tact.
With the amount of force it would have to withstand from a slam of water
like that, is impressive
I guess now they just need to figure out how to build higher..
I do hope they were able to sound the Tsunami alarm early enough,.
You dont really see any people in the water..
Has anyone heard the latest body count?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

You dont really see any people in the water..
Has anyone heard the latest body count?

They are estimating the body count in excess of 10,000. I'm sure this is a conservative estimate, considering the footage of people still walking around the streets, as the tsunami hit...jeez, too much to absorb.
One can probably treble that estimate.

The reason you're not seeing bodies in the water is because they would have been broken up, much like the houses and other, much sturdier things were, from the sheer force. It would have been similar to being in a massive blender...apologies for the distasteful analogy, I can't think of another.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

If you took offense to my reference of humans being like insects, I did not mean for it to be taken literally but figuratively. Just as insects are small in the greater scheme of things, but so are we. Just looking at the tsunami wiping away the Japanese countryside in one swoop puts that into perspective for me. Please don't take what I said the wrong way. What took place in Japan is an epic disaster, and a humbling one at that.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
God that was really distressing to watch, I was frozen in horror with tears streaming down my face and I don't cry easily.

I'd post it on FB but I've actually seen people on FB making jokes about the situation and I just can't face getting into an argument with the first person that posts an inhumane comment. I've already had to de-friend 2 people for posting 'jokes' about it, I just don't want people like that in my life.

Part of me wishes I hadn't watched that video.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I watched this and balled my eyes out!
I, for one, will be praying for Japan!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

He didn't say insects were insignificant, that was what you super imposed over his comment, and looks like your opinion of what insects are.

I won't go into the value of insects, but they are very important in the scheme of things just like anything else on Earth either living or not.

He was simply trying to compare the relations of insects>humans, humans>forces of nature, drawing comparisons between the two. Stop being so arrogant.

BTW you might value yourself higher than an insect, however nature does not take such prejudice. It will give life or take it away. It shows no malice or preselection, it doesn't value one life over another nor does it favour one species over another. It just is what it is, nature, life giver and taker and ultimately the boss.
edit on 13-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

If anyone can watch that video and not be brought to tears, they do not have a soul.

The video is sobering; leaving me in what can only be described as a dour or sullen mood.

But to suggest I have no soul because I didn't cry? Well that's just rude.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you for the kind words, at this point however hope is subjective to me at least. The way I see it just because we're all here breathing and experiencing life doesn't mean that the world will stand still and nothing catastrophic will occur. I think we'll soon be experiencing things the ancients did.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That's some powerful video footage. It just shows you how strong water can be. One metre cubed of water weighs 1000kg (1 tonne). So a wall of water would be like getting hit by a brick wall, or even worse

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Maybe your unable to objectively evaluate things, You probably make many emotional decisions throughout life that are not good. Maybe you need to not judge peoples souls and look at what really is the overall issue here. About how your emotions run your life

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That looks absolutely terrifying

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join