It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Full Japan Tsunami Height Emerges...Incredible.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Did you see the whirlpool, its wild, I have never seen anything like it..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by heffo7
WOW! The power of nature is truly humbling. Those poor souls, my heart aches for them.

Is that a person clinging to that structure at around the 6:45 mark?

yes, It appears to be a man

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I know it's crazy... I just hope that we don't get one like that in Cali, Do you think it is possible? Thanks True

Oh yes, it is more than possible. (not from this quake..the immediate threat from it is past)

We have a greater risk here in Washington State due to the fact that we are sitting on a subduction zone much like the one in Japan.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
wow the video was impressive, I cant imagine my city being hit by the sea water, it's imposible, my city is at 3640 meter above the sea level.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
But the question still remains:

What is the height of that wave?

If we figure that those buildings in the foreground are what, 15 to 20 feet? What size does that make the wave? Considering that from where the camera is and perspective, I am going to guess 30 to 40 feet high? 50? 60? Who's an expert on video and perspective around here?
edit on Sat Mar 12th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Nothing to add.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I am watching the NHK World news and they just reported that in some locations due to the landscape the waves were as high as 10 meters

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I so agree with you. It definitely brought a tear to my eye. I felt their pain, earths pain, just so much it is really hard to put into words. And you my friend I also have in my prayers as well, as I dont trust one word of them saying no worries about a melt down or fall out. I know you are on the west coast so please take any measures you can to be well and safe. I would really miss your post and your spirit that you bring to this forum. Im so sorry that sounds so lame, but I assure you I mean only well wishes from the bottom of my heart.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Thank you so much. It doesn't sound lame at all.

Not to worry, I am prepared...not expecting the worse but preparing for it is my motto right now.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

If anyone can watch that video and not be brought to tears, they do not have a soul.

For your own good - think of it this way.

Would you rather own a soul that's brought to grief and tears and empathy over this catastrophe?

Or be damned and trapped in a soul that feels nothing?

Think about it. It's a way to live and a means to turn a horrible situation into something you can be grateful for.

Not that it happened of course, but, that you can still feel.

peace to you,

Thank you to the OP for posting the video and thread, S&F.

gracie

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ringing

I hate to say this, but, there is a part of me that with each and every video I'm watching, searching even, for the people.

Than God I've yet to see ONE (until your picture) - but it is strange - I mean, in the many videos I've seen I've yet to see the 'people'.

Either it's a miracle and something we can thank God for, or, something just a little...off...

peace

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
As things settle down,I'm sure we will hear the most amazing survival story's.
My heart goes out to all Japanese
Namaste

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Judging from that building I´d say the wave was about 60/70 feet. max, probably less.

Not that that ain´t high enough.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I too noticed the lack of people.

I hope that many had already left the streets.

reply to post by ringing

That is definately not a man. It´s a stationairy object, it would have to be one tall strong man, to have half of his body sticking out of the water, and to be able to withstand that force.
edit on 13-3-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: to add

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
That wave exploded upwards because it hit the sea wall. It's designed to do that so that the energy of the wave is directed back out to sea - however, as you can see it's merely a speed bump for massive tsunami waves.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

You know I really hadf somthing meaninful to post here but I've chugged a bottle of whiskey tonight which is funny because I barley drink anymore It takea a lot to make me cry, I've had numerous good friends and relatives dies and I've been pretty indifferent about them all which most that know me would find surpriseing since I've pretty much killed myself helping people, for whatever good it does the poor pathetic bastards, but this is diffrent this is goddamn biblical. I lived there for 4 years and I see streets that looked like the streets I walked on washed over, it reminds me that I've also been too such lovley locations as these pre Tsunami
. Well I forgot whatelse i forgot to say. We're going to be seeing some real serious # very soon.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Silverado292 because: i kinda rembered what i was gonna say

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

I wish I lived next door and I could bring you something good to eat for you (and your family?) - a lot of hot coffee and some home baked bread. Sure, it's trivial - but it's still hope. And that's what we all have to have now is HOPE. These videos are heartbreaking, but, at least we feel.

Hang in there - my heart goes out to you and the people of Japan and all who are suffering these days.

peace

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Seeing this film has really brought home to me,the sheer power of the forces at work here!
I was also struck by how few people were actually on rooftops in some of the clips! i suspect the deathtoll figures that are being quoted are highly conservative!
One also forgets that the wave that washes inland also has to wash back into the sea,causing even more damage!
Those poor poor people!

edit on 13-3-2011 by scobro because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Thank you for this.
Though the video was mind boggling watch, the person who made it did it with great reverence and care. The thought that those in the cars were unlikely to have outrun the wave is too much to bear. To see the people on the balcony witnessing the total obliteration of their world unfold right before their eyes had me sobbing with my daughter. She is nearly seven, saw the little girll in the video crying and said "She must be so afraid mama. How can we help her?"
I told her that it was good that her sadness at seeing these images makes her to want to ACT. That that is how things are achieved - through action.
Otherwise it's all just about us and our 'feelings' isn't it folks...?

As I type we're formulating fund raising ideas for her school...

Prayers

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

All so very sad, i guess Edgar Cayce was right...........watch out New York!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join