It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Is Proof of Moon Shift!!!! View PDF before it "Disapears".

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

i remember hearing that the moon is always getting farther and farther away from earth maybe this is a result of that, considering that the orbit was probably never perfectly circular, larger distance could highlight slight inconsistencies?

maybe someone should be measuring the tides too.. that could be a good indicator of major changes in the moon's orbit and distance from earth.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'll throw my 2 cents in as well...

My theory is we're all getting fatter, causing a greater mass on earth..... Well, not us really, but the earth is getting fatter as its peppered with thousands and thousands of meteorites every year. Perhaps over thousands of years these tiny insignificant lumps of rock add up to quite a hefty weight causing newtonian physics to be out by just a teency little bit??

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrivaled1

Yes but they had to force it and in many ways it was kind of a fluke experiment. Primarily the lack of observation capacity.

In the end,a degree in quantum mechanics shows no specialty on if the moon is moving in its orbit.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Not that I know much about what the fellow is on about but if the orbit becomes elliptical then I imagine it will cause more extreme tidal surges on earth since the body is coming closer to earth at times and getting further away at other times.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Funny how the science comes out after the general theory about super moons etc, London planning for massive tide swings, all this fits nicely with a moon out of whack. the closer it gets the more it screw with the planet, the further away it gets the more people are confused by its normal effects not occurring. It probably also explained the change in people behaviour as the whole 28 day cycle thing gets out of whack.

If it goes total elliptical say 40 days, does that mean there will be a bunch of men wanting to know who there wives got pregnant

There was even a film about this happening, after the moon was hit by a fragment of a Brown Dwarf!!!! and caused it to circle in on us until the US super hero's saved the day of course.
edit on 13/3/2011 by theregonnakillme because: spelling error and i had a though that i wished to add

I wonder if they smashed that rocket into the moon to stabilise it, or to destabilize it?
edit on 13/3/2011 by theregonnakillme because: had yet another thought, they come quite often you know

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by McGinty

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
I remember hearing that when the apollo took place having them land and take off was said to have moved the moon. Last couple of years they shot 'missiles' at it for tests.

Could it be that man has pushed the moon?
edit on 13-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

That's a wacky, but excellent theory.

it would explain why no one's been back there and , as you say, could suggest that the missiles fired at the Moon could've in fact been attempts to correct its orbit. Would appear they failed....

I think this theory is the closet match to reality thus far.

Amazing, yet ironic if true.

All that fear about astroids hitting us and we go and turn our own moon into a potential impact object!

We need a mathematician/astrophysicist to work out if the force of the moon-landers is enough to effect the Moon's orbit.

Completely outlandish theory, but you're right - it doesn't seem contradict the events occurring.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

NO....we don't:

We need a mathematician/astrophysicist to work out if the force of the moon-landers is enough to effect the Moon's orbit.

You can do it in your head. But....before I go on, consider this:

The Space Shuttle full stack, at launch, weighs on the order of over 2 million pounds. When it launches, its thrust force must EXCEED that, in order to lift it and accelerate against the gravity of Earth...correct?

Newtonian physics...equal and opposite reaction. The Space Shuttle thrusts "push" against the Earth. This has a (tiny, too small to measure) effect. Because of the VAST difference in mass, and therefore inertia. The Shuttle weighs over 2,000,000 pounds...the the Earth? HUGELY more.

Now...go look up the weights of the Apollo landers, and the mass of the Moon....and compare the Shuttle/Earth example, and then Apollo/Moon.

See if you can find the percentages.....and realize that the Apollo missions were as insignificant to the Moon as a piece of lint would be to an ocean liner......

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wooow...this thread has taken off in the time I was asleep. Stupid circadian clock.

To all of the people suggesting completely ridiculous and inane causes for the increasingly elliptical orbit of the moon: good job. Sometimes, it takes a good lunatic (ha...luna) to come up with the right answer.

To all of the people freaking out, thinking this holds the potential to cause some huge disaster: calm down. This is an almost negligible increase in the moon's apogee and an equally negligible decrease in its perigee. There is nothing to be afraid of...and, trust me, if there was the even a possibility of there being something to be a afraid of, I would say so. Case in point: the Extreme Super Moon & Current Rise in sun Activity: Effects on earth thread.

To all of the people who think this is a genuinely mysterious, but completely natural and benign, effect: you're absolutely right. It presents no danger whatsoever, but it is a mystery, and it deserves to be dealt with as such - through continued research, speculation, and observation.

Oh, and to the person who thinks this was caused by the earthquake(s) off Japan: no. Just...no.

Also, my suggestion that the Apollo landers imparted enough momentum to cause this effect was one of those "completely ridiculous and inane causes" that this lunatic suggested for the sake of covering the bases. Please don't think less of me for it.
edit on 13-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I highly doubt something as small as a craft landing or non exlosive missile hitting the moon can change the orbit

If the orbit was this easy to change don't ya think all those asteroid impacts wouldv'e blasted the moon out of our solar system.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CerBeRus666

Really...do you really have to say such classless things and refer the earth as a bitch...this just goes to show such a reference obviously mirrors something else ....... insource what you outsource / outsource what you insource. How a person views things is a direct reflection of themselves.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
"This area is off-limits to casual surfing and browsing.

DVI, Postscript, and PDF are generated on demand and cached. Do not use explicit /PS_cache/ links, use instead the links provided in the listings and abstracts to ensure that you get the correct output"

meaning you cannot find it by browsing the site, but rather need a direct link to get to it. How did you find it OP?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
Seems like any kind of change in the nature of the orbit of the moon would be a really good explanation of why people think there is a big increase in natural events happening here on the planet. After all, the moon controls a great amount of the balances that have been maintained on earth, including tidal effects, etc.

That is a very interesting hypothesis, it makes sense why all these natural disasters are happening..

THE END IS NEAR

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
ummm what?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Welp, I hate to rain on your parade, but you are forgetting one little minor detail in this whole thread..

THE MOONS ORBIT HAS ALWAYS BEEN ELIPTICAL

www.ifa.hawaii.edu...

Its one of the few satellites in space that orbit their planet in an eliptical. And its the reason the moon appears farther and closer on different days. It is slowly losing distance on Earth, at about the speed of which fingernails grow. Sorry conspiracy theorists, there is nothing special about this find.

/ END THREAD

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Holy crap that's a lot of advanced math that I don't understand. Someone call an astronomer while I go get some ibuprofen.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

3.6. A distant massive object: Planet X/Nemesis/Tyche

A promising candidate for explaining the anomalous increase of the lunar eccentricity
may be, at least in principle, a trans-Plutonian massive body of planetary size located in
the remote peripheries of the solar system: Planet X/Nemesis/Tyche (Lykawka & Mukai
2008; Melott & Bambach 2010; Fern´andez 2011; Matese & Whitmire 2011). Indeed, as we
will see, the perturbation induced by it would actually cause a non-vanishing long-term
variation of e.

when reading a journal or submission like this you can ignore all the Method, Calcs, etc - read the Abstract, maybe the Introduction, and the Conclusion.

All the names mentioned - Stanford, Harvard whatever just mean this journal/paper is available to them; it should NOT be a selling point or give any validity to his findings. I believe his findings but I'm no expert.

by the way - I sent Lorenzo, the author of the work, an email inviting him to ATS

edit on 13-3-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicMan07

I'm pretty sure the paper states the eliptical orbit of the moon is changing at a greater rate than that of a finger nail. I believe I saw 6 to 12 x 10^8 meters a year. It also sounds to me that the orbit is stretching or the eliptic is increasing, meaning the moon is getting both closer and futher away at it's max and min distances.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What I find interesting is the inclusion of Planet X/Nemesis/Tyche included as possible explanations for the moon shift.

That would mean that academia accepts the hypothesis of Planet X. Putting an absurd hypothesis in a scientific paper would ruin a scientist's credibility, unless it is universally accepted.

I know the scientists say there is something out there on the fringes of the solar system, but why name it after something that many people fear?

Just a thought.....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You'll forgive my ignorance on this subject in advance. The only thing I really remember from High School Science class on this is the fact that the moon has always been in an eliptical orbit.

These aren't theories, but questions...

1. Could newfound scalar waves have anything to do with this increase?

2. Could the recent instability in the earths magnetic field as we come closer to the theorized pole shift disturb the earth's gravitational pull on the moon enough to cause this disturbance?

Your thoughts are much appreciated. I do find this subject very intriguing, but not cause to run around in circles in my back yard screaming "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!!!"

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
we should crash some rockets into the moon to correct the deviation.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join