Here Is Proof of Moon Shift!!!! View PDF before it "Disapears".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

The paper is interesting, though. Over time, this could become a much more significant effect... especially in 89 billion years, when it causes the moon to come crashing down on the earth.

Deep down I knew those 2012 nutbars were right all along. The world is going to end in 2012 but it will be in the year 89,000,002,012.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by CLPrime

The paper is interesting, though. Over time, this could become a much more significant effect... especially in 89 billion years, when it causes the moon to come crashing down on the earth.

Deep down I knew those 2012 nutbars were right all along. The world is going to end in 2012 but it will be in the year 89,000,002,012.

Whoops!

arxiv.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by minniesoda

Hm...you've got me thinking... I wonder what sort of effect the landings and liftoffs of the Apollo landers had on the angular momentum of the moon, and if that could account for the increase in eccentricity (plus the long-term nature of that increase).

You will find several documents here, you have to hit the back button twice on your browser after each document because ie generates a page expired message.
You can do a few sort options to narrow down the search a little.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

...where's "here"?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Nice find!
Thanks!!

Scientists/Astronomers often refer to an"unknown,rouge planet" as "planet x" or "nemesis".
Its not a "new age" conspiracy theorist thing.
If he would have said "nibiru" I would have had to question it though. lol

Just more evidence that we really don't know squat!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

...where's "here"?

Sorry, getting late........
adsabs.harvard.edu...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Couldn't agree with you more. Scientists playing with atoms is like giving a hammer to a 2 year old, lots of damage potential with absolutely NO understanding of the consequences. We have billions of dollars worth of hardware in space and the only thing we have to show for it is a lot of really cool desktop backgrounds.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
From what I gather, the article is saying that this is the acceleration of the moon's previously-known orbital speed over the last 37 or so years:

A ≈ 3 × 10−16 m s−2 = 0.3 m yr−2 (4)

is .000000000000003 meters per .001 seconds aka 0.3 meters per 2.73 days

aka not very different than our existing understanding of the increase of the moon's orbital distance over time.

NBD.

edit on 13-3-2011 by voiceoreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I don´t know why people are complaining that the paper mentioned a planet x, since this is what they said about it,

A potentially viable Newtonian candidate would be a trans-Plutonian massive object (Planet X/Nemesis/Tyche) since it, actually, would affect e with a non-vanishing long-term variation. On the other hand, the values for the physical and orbital parameters of such a hypothetical body required to obtain the right order of magnitude for ˙e are completely unrealistic

They are saying that an unknown object could potentially cause such a thing, but that in this case the magnitude and position that such an object must have to do so, is not what they can detect in reality.
edit on 13-3-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: (no reason given)
edit on 13-3-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: spelling, to add

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Stop panicking people .... the moon has NOT started to careen wildly across the sky ... so I'm incredibly disappointed with the thread title that the OP deliberately chose to give such a deliberately misleading and sensationalistic slant to.

In the opening abstract of the paper, they make the following statement:

A recent analysis of a Lunar Laser Ranging (LLR) data record spanning
38.7 yr revealed an anomalous increase of the eccentricity e of the lunar orbit
amounting to e˙meas = (9 ± 3) × 10−12 yr−1.

Take a really good look at the above quoted value of
e˙meas = (9 ± 3) × 10^-12 yr^-1

They're essentially saying that yes, there is an anomalous discrepancy in the expected eccentricity of the moon's orbit ... but only by an incredibly small deviation and one that could only be measured by very sensitive equipment.
To the naked eye, the moon remains exactly where it should be in the sky.

hey friend...maybe you dont see the problem here...

i am not concerned about how much the moon moved or not...

you are telling us to feel ok since "they" are saying its relatively small discrepancy...

the problem now is....if for you this is a trusted document on which we may stay calm since they are telling us that the moon change is small....How the hell shall we feel if this document is about NEMESIS/Planet X/Nibiru?????

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Wow... The eccentricities the moon is showing (if we are to believe this paper) will literally shake the earth as the path of the moon becomes more eccentric (more so then usual even if minute).

From what I understand from this paper, the moons orbit is more eccentric due to a gravitational pull somewhere which is causing an increase of velocity when the moon is moving towards the source and decrease when the moon is moving away.

This may even shift the earth from it's current orbit around the sun (however minute). What's the source of these perturbations? They really don't know?

If true, this is very fascinating.

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 13-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
This is interesting:

petersoncello.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

My computer won't open link, just have to muddle through. Thanks for the moon tilt links the other day. Good to know others have noticed it too. Peace star.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I am no astrophysicist by any stretch of the imagination so forgive my question if it is a dumb one, but couldnt the natural planetary wobble or a potential minute shift in polar axis cause this kinda of effect on an orbitting object over time?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

lt may be the same place in the sky but it is tilted. l watched it for three nights last week. to me that is a BIG change in the moon. Peace star.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Look what I get when I try to access that PDF. I tried it with Firefox, with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, all of them the newest versions and on Win 7 64bit:

Access Denied

Sadly, your client "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; de; rv:1.9.2.15) Gecko/20110303 (GMX/1.6.2) Firefox/3.6.15 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E) ;ShopperReports" violates the automated access guidelines posted at arxiv.org, and is consequently excluded.

If you are using the PDF Plug-in, it has many bugs and is forbidden here due to problems it causes at the server end. You must confirm that you have disabled it before access can be restored.

In Netscape try Edit -> Preferences -> Navigator -> Applications, look for Portable Document Format and uncheck the plug-in box. Or delete the pdf plugin dll file from the Program Files/Netscape/Navigator/Program/plugins directory and restart browser. Or for Acroread4/Explorer5 users, go into Acroread's File : Preferences : General : Web_Browser_Integration and make sure the little box is unchecked.

Note to MacOSX users: There is a bug in the Acrobat reader which causes it to make endless streams of requests after having successfully downloaded the full pdf. Note that it is not necessary to use Acrobat at all, since pdf's from here render as well or better in the default Preview.app on MacOSX. If for some reason you think you need to use Acrobat, go to Acrobat Preferences -> Internet and turn off the "Allow speculative downloading in the background" option, which comes (incorrectly) turned on by default, and whose behavior is quite broken.

If you believe this determination to be in error, see arxiv.org... for additional information.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but this bit is pretty interesting:

3.6. A distant massive object: Planet X/Nemesis/Tyche

A promising candidate for explaining the anomalous increase of the lunar eccentricity
may be, at least in principle, a trans-Plutonian massive body of planetary size located in
the remote peripheries of the solar system: Planet X/Nemesis/Tyche (Lykawka & Mukai
2008; Melott & Bambach 2010; Fern´andez 2011; Matese & Whitmire 2011). Indeed, as we
will see, the perturbation induced by it would actually cause a non-vanishing long-term
variation of e.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MoosKept240

If anything the moon is actually moving away from the Earth, albeit very, very slowly.

Anyway, I was getting my hair cut yesterday and as I was waiting I was reading The Sun newspaper. A Prof Brian Cox (anyone know this guy?) claims that the supermoon theory is nothing more than Sci-Fi. Also if you go The Sun's webpage they have a few others stating the same thing.

I'm trying to get the link to work... Not sure what is happening. But go to the website and click the Supermoon story link.

Anyone else get that funny feeling that something is amiss? This is getting to be like everything else!
edit on 13-3-2011 by Xcellante because: Link not working grrr
edit on 13-3-2011 by Xcellante because: LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE

What? No pictures?
Cliff notes? Anyone

Heres a Picture for ya ! basically what the PDF say's Were Screwed! (in alota Years)
after the calculation's why bother going further! ! and ask for Help to Verify! the Results as its still in the Open for Questioning !

Earth Wobble Wobble ! by by Buffer! Moon ! as the Moon goes out farther Hello gain your bigger and brighter!

CLPrime Explains...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

but anything can be a trigger ! Astronomers NASA Professors can be Observant they want

when a Sun or a Galactic change all of a Sudden happens with out warning all calculations are out the windows

back in the day of 2006

Moon's bulge linked to early orbit

Aug 3, 2006
physicsworld.com...

Garrick-Bethell and colleagues now think that the strange bulge can be accounted for if the Moon moved along a very different orbit than it does now (see figure). Based on simple classical mechanics, rather than computer simulations, the MIT team suggest that when the Moon was just 100--200 million years old it was less than 30 Earth radii away, compared to about 60 Earth radii now. As well as being much closer to Earth, they also believe the Moon had a much more elliptical orbit at that time. They calculate that its "eccentricity" -- a measure of how much an ellipse differs from a circle -- was 0.61, compared to just 0.05 today. (A circle, in contrast, has an eccentricity of zero.) Moreover, they believe that the Moon may have been spinning much faster than it is today and behaved a bit like Mercury does today -- rotating three times about its own axis for every two revolutions about the Sun (a so-called 3:2 resonance). Now, of course, the Moon spins just once for every revolution around the Earth, which is why we can never see its far side. The team also showed that the bulge can be explained by a 1:1 resonance with an eccentricity of 0.49 and semimajor axis of 22.9 Earth radii.

ohh by the way !

Tidal Quake: South Asian Tsunami likely caused by unique tidal forces(2004)
by Guy Cramer
xwalk.ca...

Friday, March 11, 2011
Japan quake ... and Super Moon?

Read more: obsweatherguy.blogspot.com...

They support that theory with the earthquake and killer tsunami of Dec. 26, 2004 (a Super Moon happened two weeks later) and a devastating cyclone which hit Darwin, Australia, in the 1970s. Scientists dismiss the talk, saying the moon's gravitational pull is nowhere near strong enough to cause disasters on earth. Now, with Super Moon a week away, we have this morning's devastating quake and tsunami in Japan. And an earthquake with a 4.2 magnitude hit Hawaii overnight. You want more? How about the eruption of a volcano in the Philippines? Read more: obsweatherguy.blogspot.com...

?????? Super bad Moon.? seem that way a coincidence?

Who knows .. I need to look more into the subject!

and for the really interesting !

User:Wikinaut/Moon-Earthquake-Theory
en.wikipedia.org...:Wikinaut/Moon-Earthquake-Theory

* 04.01.2011 Solar eclipse may again trigger a major earthquake somewhere
* 19.01.2011 21:21 UTC Full moon; Afghanistan force 7.4
* 18.02.2011 08:35 UTC Full moon; New Zealand 2011 Christchurch earthquake 21.02.2011 23:51 UTC force 6,3
* 04.03.2011 20:48 UTC New moon; Japan earthquake 09.03.2011 force 7.3; 11.03. 05:46 UTC Japan Sendai earthquake and tsunami force 8.9

Earthquakes and Solar Eclipses in Japan

Significant data to correlate earthquakes in Japan to solar eclipses exist, if we look a few hours before or a few days after a solar eclipse. On March 18 1988 6 hours before the total solar eclipse a 5.4 earth quake occurred in the Setagaya ward of Japan. In 1998 an earthquake of the same magnitude 5.4 took place in the same region a few days after the August solar eclipse. The interesting thing to note is that there does seem to be a significant correlation between Total Solar Eclipses and Earthquakes in this region over the past decade. A magnitude 6+ earthquake occurred 6 hours before the total solar eclipse in China, October 1995. A magnitude 5+ earthquake occurred 1 hour before the total solar eclipse in China, August 2008....................

Time to research and Study !

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

Brian Cox also denies there could be intelligent life in the universe other than humans!!!!!

This guy, whilst the 'new trendy face' of UK mainstream media science is looking more and more like a deliberate attempt at denying there's anything going on anywhere that science doesn't know about...seriously.

There are more of these 'science lite' progs on UK MSM with subliminals intended on dumbing down, example Betany Hughes on a prog last night on history, on the subject of evolution and the arrival of intelligent humanity ''humans are obviously just a result of evolution''.

UK MSM has a history of dumbing down anything 'conspirational'.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join