It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Muslims Find Defending Themselves Exhausting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...-container

Before Friday prayers at the Islamic Center of Long Island in Westbury, N.Y., retired physician Dr. Irfan Amin said he felt "betrayed" by King. "I have contributed to his campaign," Amin said. "I personally met him at one function and asked him to please come and at least talk to us: 'You have been in our community so many times. Have you seen anything with your eyes?' He didn't give me an answer."

"We're always under attack by the media," said Kobaissi, who proudly points out that he served food to former President Bill Clinton and got to shake the leader's hand in the mid-1990s during a visit to Detroit Metropolitan Airport when he worked for a nearby hotel.

"Trust me — I'll be the first guy to defend the U.S., but at the same time I like to (say) Islam is nothing about terrorism," Kobaissi said.

Related threads....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do have some of these problems. Especially with people telling me how they know more about my own religion than I do.

IF you can take the time to read a few of the highest rated comments for the general feeling of the audience.

Or just read them here...

wallyonew If they are tired of defending being Muslim then come out and condemn Muslims that commit acts of terrorism. They won't do it.

TOMORROWS HERE

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan also was a FALSE American, who went to school and became a doctor, then kill a bunch of American soldiers at FORT HOOD. Remember Fort Hood WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!

B.W.
Christians in the middle east also find it difficult defending themselves from getting their heads chopped off.

Some how you guys are getting off easy over here.

LetFreedomReign
Every Muslim in the free world waving their arms in joy and burning American flags when the planes hit the World Trade Center probably didn't help the situation to much....you think?

Fred
how do you think Christians feel in the Middle East ?

edit on 12-3-2011 by binomialtheorem because: added a thread

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Islam to him is nothing about terrorism.
But Islam to the US is terrorism.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

US Muslims have no more reason to defend themselves than idiot so-called Christians do.

It is NOT a fault to be a Muslim.

Anyone who thinks it is, needs to grow the hell up.

End Trans.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by binomialtheorem

US Muslims have no more reason to defend themselves than idiot so-called Christians do.

It is NOT a fault to be a Muslim.

Anyone who thinks it is, needs to grow the hell up.

End Trans.

Blaming the entire religion for the actions of a few, that don't even make up 1% of the religion mind you, is stupid.Then going on to say that we haven't been condemning the attacks is just an absolute mockery, in my eyes.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Speak Out?

I have never seen more people denial.

I think the deterrent for speaking out is death.

That will cut down your media appearances.

Like our KKK, These Radicals will be widely rebuked soon.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Like our KKK, These Radicals will be widely rebuked soon.

And then the TPTB will go for another group...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I'm just gonna bump this thread...
m'kay

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

But then nobody's firebombing Baptist churches, or gathering at Christian functions and screaming "GO HOME TERRORISTS!" in the faces of little girls. The US is not massacring civilians in a Christian country, and there is no concerted movement to deligitimatize the president by claiming he's a Christian. The US government is not using Christian tax dollars to presume Christians guilty of terrorism unless proven innocent, nor is it declaring that it can hold any Christian in captivity indefinitely without charges, or even after acquittal.

Muslims should have no more need to defend themselves here than Christians, or Jews, or Sikhs, or Atheists, or whoever. But the unfortunate reality is, other Americans are making their lives hell, threatening them, and intimidating them, while the rest of America - the "silent majority," if you want to be ironic - is sitting by and letting it happen. Muslims in America are facing down a torrent of hate and apathy, and i have no doubt how emotionally and mentally exhausting and distressing that can be.

Get up, and stand with your fellow Americans against the hate. Let 'em know that even if you do not share hteir faith, you stand by their right to have it, without fearing for their children, without fearing their elected officials, without fearing their neighbors. Fight the hate, fight the apathy.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
but.. but.. BUT... The Muslims are terrorists!!! I sawed it on Fox News...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I am so sorry for genuine Muslims the world over, who are not terrorists.

But unfortunately the world perceives Muslims as terrorists.

And, please can we face this - other religions do not label themselves terrorists.

Although the IRA (Irish Republican Army ) did. So there you have Catholics as terrorists

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I'm seeing more Muslims defend the peaceful aspect of their faith... about time.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by squandered

They've been doing that since the beginning. That's how psychopaths and racists and bigots got the stupid "You call this a religion of peace?!" meme.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I do stand up Fox, already. Nice to see a lot of others who do too.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

i saw that youtube video, made me sick. and im an atheist! my policy is that is you leave your religion out of gov't, dont bad mouth science, and stay out of my way...be as muslim or christian as you want.

edit on 13-3-2011 by vjr1113 because: vid

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
When the terrorists simply decide that it is not in their best interests to bomb innocent markets, plant IED's along roadsides, kill people in clubs, fly planes into buildings, plant bombs in their shoes and underwear in planes, kill people at military bases, fire idiscrimately into crowds, . . . all in the name of "islam" then we can get back to peace.

Until then, you apologists are just going to have to deal with the fact that we are at war.

During WWII, there were many germans that didn't agree with Hitler. There were many who fought along side of American and British troops.
Just because THEY did, though, doesn't forgive those germans who fought for the nazi regeime.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

people have a right to religion, not all religious ppl, including muslims and islam followers are bombers.

i dont think religion is good for anything but here in the good ol usa, they have that right. if the deaths of soliders in iraq is your issue, then why dont we leave iraq? as for Afghanistan... thats war. those soilders went to war, and ppl get mad because they get hurt?

they have a right to religion is all im saying

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I would like to point out after Pearl Harbor. The Japanese in America were rounded up.

About the same number of people were killed on 911. There was no Muslim roundup.

Average Americans were waiting for Muslims to step up in mass numbers.

It never happened. Leaving myself and many others wondering where is the outrage.

Just my opinion...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by beezzer

people have a right to religion, not all religious ppl, including muslims and islam followers are bombers.

i dont think religion is good for anything but here in the good ol usa, they have that right. if the deaths of soliders in iraq is your issue, then why dont we leave iraq? as for Afghanistan... thats war. those soilders went to war, and ppl get mad because they get hurt?

I agree that all people have the right to worship how they want.
What I don't like is people coming to my country and bombing the World Trade Towers (times 2).
What I don't like is another religion DICTATING to different religions that they will be killed unless they worship a certain way.
What I don't like are cowards who strap C4 to mentally handicapped and send them off into markets.
Soldiers know, going into battle, that they may die.
Should that same thought process go to innocent women and children when they go to buy food?
edit on 13-3-2011 by beezzer because: errer

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by beezzer

I agree that all people have the right to worship how they want.
What I don't like is people coing to my country and bombing the World Trade Towers (times 2).
What I don't like is another religion DICTATING to different religions that they will be killed unless they worship a certain way.
What I don't like are cowards who strap C4 to mentally handicapped and send them off into markets.
Soldiers know, going into battle, that they may die.
Should that same thought process go to innocent women and children when they go to buy food?

then we agree my friend. these extremists must go.
they're all crazy and contribute nothing to society.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Having paid attention to the current events and what all is going on, to include in with the current hearings, there are a few things that can be stated, as to both points of view.
The Islamic community is as much a victim as they are guilty of such acts. They take stands that are to the rear of issues, like the Fort Hood shooting, and other incidences where Islamic extremists are involved. Not one of the different communities use strong language, rather they tend to use softer tones and language. When there is a controversy, that surrounds their belief or right to worship, they expect tolerance towards them, yet display no such tolerance towards the other side. In many instances, the Islamic community sets itself apart from the rest of the communities and societies it lives in, this has been seen not only in the US, but in Europe, where trouble often begins. It is to that end, where those in that community, often identify themselves as one group or another first, and a nationality second. Those who scream the loudest, often get the eye of a people on it, and currently the Islamic community and world has made enough of a noise where the question must be asked, and answers given forth. A few extremist is the Islamic community has given the entire belief a bad rap, and yet the rest sit back and do not take a strong stand to stand out. Every time something happens, the comments is usually We condone, we do not support. That may be fine, yet at the same time, perhaps it would be better to state, “Not only do they not represent our belief, but they are mistaken that their actions are going to get them into heaven, rather they are not martyrs, and will be going to the other place. We will turn you over to the victims of your crimes.” That is what would make people pause, that is what would make everyone think that just maybe, the few do not represent the majority. But currently, the majority of the people are under the impression that the few do represent the majority based on the actions and inactions of the whole.
On the flip side, what the congressman is doing, and how he is going about it reeks of McCarthyism and boils down to a witch hunt. It is wrong to just single out one group, all based on the actions of a few, where it is starting to give the appearance that if you do not believe what one group does, you are wrong and could be prosecuted. He is exploiting the fears of the many, and using it to grandstand, no matter how noble the deed may be. Yet he is correct in this aspect, that political correctness is partially to blame and we should not candy coat events, all cause it may offend a few. He is taking a stand, and is asking the questions that, unfortunately is on a majority of the peoples minds, be it here in the United States, or abroad, and that is about radical extremist Islam. People dance around the issue, they skirt it, they try to use other terms to not offend, and perhaps if anything, it is time to call a spade a spade. The congressman would have been better served to ask the question what is causing the rise of homegrown terrorist in the United States, covering all people and not just a few, that would have been not only fair, but also balanced, covering the entire field. It would also start to let the people of the United States of America know, exactly what is considered such, and give that group an opportunity to debate, argue and defend itself in the public spot light. But if no group has anything to hide, then why would they cry foul? Would it not be better to get such out in the open, to where people can make up their own minds, instead of letting someone else make it up for them?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join