It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croatian antigovernment protesters at Japan embassy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
About 6000-8000 Croatian people protesting against government stopped by Japan embassy in Zagreb and lit candles for people that died in last earthquake and tsunami. It was a touching moment!

More about protests in this thread.
edit on 12/3/11 by dario86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
... this is the kind of unity, that can save OUR world....
edit on 12/3/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

So your saying you support neo nazis?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Sorry for the double post.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

no... im talking about the togetherness in thousands of people stopping and paying respect to the tragic loss of life through a natural disaster.. it doesnt matter what they were marching for or what they believe in, the fact that they stopped and honoured the fellow human beings that lost their lives was my point.. this is the exact kind of unity that we need to make this world a better place... because if the s*** really does hit the fan, people of all walks of life and different beliefs are gonna need to stick together..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hey man, this is about support in sympathy given to present and future victims in Japan.
Not about right wing or left wing or whatever.
I don't know about the affiliations of these Croatians but their expression of sympathy in the midst of whatever they are doing is human and understandable.
We do need some kind of unity in my opinion, the Earth will bring it about - people of various types that are normally against one another should work together and sometimes feel together...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

You said it well while I was writing my own post.
Star to you.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dario86
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Neo nazis????
I remember you from other thread, you are troll or something!?
Your ignorance is just insulting...

look i am not a troll, i have been member here for 6 years and you are insulting me for only stating my opinion?

The protests in Croatia are political motivated the protests were started by former Croatian war criminals who were in during operation storm so basically they are your ex solders whom forced Innocent serb civilians out of there homes, and those civilians lived there for years.

In fact you act like a child by calling other ATS members trolls.

and also your still new to ATS, so dont insult older members.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I just would like to add that I am open to any questions regarding protests in Croatia but this guy just shows up, leaves short insulting comment and leaves.

Protests are supported both by left and right winged people (i would say that majority is left wingged). For example today I saw banners from "antifa" and "social anarchist" groups and I heard 10-15 people singing "The Internationale" song. At the same time group of right winged skinheads (7-8 of them) was present just one or two meters away and there was no trouble.
Croatia is united right now and we fight against the system together.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dario86

I haven't insulted anyone i have only said you act like a child if you keep calling older members trolls

Croatia is united right now and we fight against the system together.

Sadly i dont believe that

farm3.static.flickr.com...
1389blog.com...

If i remember correctly you Croatians renamed your streets after the world war II Croatian Nazi Ustashe and of course you Croatians love your neo nazi thompson.

Just so you know Croatia was a much better country under yugoslavia.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

1) you are not the one who will judge and say who is war criminal or not
2) you always have to look situation from both angels. Croatia did some crime in the war but so did Serbia. Serbia did also attacked unarmed people and destroyed their homes.
I do not blame Serbia but its obvious that you heard only one side of the "story"
3) Serbia tolerates "Četniks" movement even today, while "Ustaše" are banned in Croatia for ages.those are both extreme right winged movements.
4)Croats started Partisans movement and fight against fascism

5) Croatian war veterans did not start the protests. When they organized their protests many people split up and left them because they relished war veterans protest only because of their own problems not because all of us. EVEN NOW THEY OFFICIALLY DO NOT SUPPORT THESE PROTESTS!
6) Read no.5 one more time

WAR that happened 16 years ago has nothing to do with this protests! Lets leave the past behind and work towards the better future. That's what are we doing right now in Croatia!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
1) I never said there are no right winged people in Croatia. I just want to show you that there's only few of them and that this protests have nothing to do with neo Nazism! So I don't see what you want to prove with that picture? Its not a picture from protests!

Here's another picture from Croatia:

These one has nothing to do with protests either but since you like pictures of extreme winged people here you go...

2) You don't remember correctly! But let me tell you what is true, today one of the most beautiful squares in center of Zagreb is named after Tito. I guess you know who that was...

99% realizes there were some better things in yugoslavia then they are today. So again, you told me something I already knew. But its also a fact that a lot of things changed after Tito died.

I really hope that you will get yours head out of the history books and that you open the eyes and see that this world is getting better every day. Including Croatia, something nice is happening here and you just don't see it because of your prejudice.

Im "new" here (check registration date), so what?...prejudice again

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dario86

Croats started Partisans movement and fight against fascism

My family friend member whose father was the commander of the Partisans said the Croats never did start the Partisans movement so thats a little lie coming from your people which has been spreading since the end of ww2

2) you always have to look situation from both angels. Croatia did some crime in the war but so did Serbia. Serbia did also attacked unarmed people and destroyed their homes. I do not blame Serbia but its obvious that you heard only one side of the "story"

Serbia was only protecting yugoslavia from the terrorists in kosovo and bosnia

Serbia did also attacked unarmed people and destroyed their homes.

Croatians and the Muslims did the worst attacks on innocent civilians Muslims placed snipers in Sarajevo and sniped anyone dared enough to run away from the battle zone including killing civilians.

As for you Croatians you Croatians also killed muslims in tuzla and destroying that bridge of theres , and shortely after the war Croatians rebuild it.

So tell me croatian who runs bosnia now? how many serbs live now? you know whose the majority in bosnia? the muslims which are in the 50% of the population.

In fact bosina has the highest unemployment rate over 50% or 40% which has been going on and wont drop, people sell of smoke boxs for a living, even sell there children, in the old days of yugoslavia you didn't see such problems

The problem was that your people croatians wanted a Independent state of croatia and the removal of the serbs in croatia but those serbs there lived for centuries croatians and serbs battled agaisnt the ottoman empire which is why those serbs lived there in croatia after the war agaisnt ottoman empire friendship between kingdom of serbia and croatia was established.

3) Serbia tolerates "Četniks" movement even today, while "Ustaše" are banned in Croatia for ages.those are both extreme right winged movements.

But your Croatians of today worship the worst killers of World War II Ustaše

www.youtube.com...
Take a look here Serbian Chetniks saved U.S. Airmen during WWII and one of there soldiers was featured in a times magazine

I recommend you that you watch this
www.youtube.com...

Just so you know i respect some Croatians however neo nazis is something i dont welcome, including i dont welcome far right views.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Start of the Partisans movement:
wiki
Fact: Tito was born in Croatia

Muslims in Bosnia got nothing to do with Croatia. They did crimes just like Serbs and Croats did too. I don't see what's your point?
Posting videos that show Četniks in "good light" is just the same as posting the nazi propaganda movies from WW2. I am sure there's a lot of smart and open minded Serbs on this forum so you might ask them what they think about Četniks. Also you would be surprised how many positive comments I got from Serbs regarding our protests.

Serbs were protecting Yugoslavia? Ok here you got yourself in a trap.
You can't say that Serbs did no crimes in war and state that they defended Yugoslavia! Why? Because all weapons (and I do mean ALL) were in Serbian hands. They didn't have to defend against unarmed Croatia. So what did they do if they had all the weapons. They attacked it because we wanted to separate from it peacefully.
Or you want to say that we had no right to split up?

But like I said, please lets leave that to history and lets move towards the better future, together. I like Serbia, I am protesting on the streets of Zagreb and I do feel sorry for people in Japan. I don't see why this makes you wanna hate me and my nation. And from your posts I only feel hate and prejudice.

edit on 12/3/11 by dario86 because: grammar

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dario86

I wouldn't trust Wikipedia as a source 100% of the time the information is inaccurate.
alot of the time my university has told students to avoid it.

I do feel sorry for people in Japan. I don't see why this makes you wanna hate me and my nation. And from your posts I only feel hate and prejudice.

I dont hate you Croatian i am glad that some croatians are leaving the past as they should be, but there are people in croatia still supporting the nazis ideology movement.

Including such person as mr Thompson who him self served in operation storm agaisnt the innocent unarmed serb civilians in Croatia.

if your people only denounce Thompson i would be happy.

If they dont move on, the world will hate, and everyone in the future will be saying how the croatians and Albanians kept accepting the past, and not the future.

Or you want to say that we had no right to split up?

You did split up but you did with America and NATO meaning you had the right but your so called freedom wasn't for free, the us military is still building bases in Croatia.

Your governments are always pro washington and you know what else like bosnia you croatians also have a high unemployment rate, if croatia never spited up yugoslavia would had a economic boom.

And what does croatia have now? nothing people have no jobs you tell me dario86 what does croatia of today have own? if people dont have jobs how will you bring food to your family?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ums isnt this about those anti government protestors showing Unity with those whom have died in Japan?

Not weither they are Nazis, or War criminals or what ever.

At least they have some humanity in them to show that they care.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Since you refuse to read other thread where i wrote about everything already i will qoute myself...

Marko Perkovic Thompson is a singer. Majority of his songs speak about Croatian history (but not WW2 and NDH) so he was very popular among right winged people in past years.
Part of the war veterans wanted him to have a concert as part of protests but majority of war veterans refused that so they made a deal that Thompson can sing 2 songs (maybe 3, not sure). He was mocked by many protesters, many of them yelling to him "now sing one for free!". Today he is commonly known as war profiter so he lost almost all of his popularity, specially when some politicians confessed that they paid him a lot of money for their interests. So i guess in the past some politicians (those that rule now - HDZ) had interest in him singing for right-winged people. I guess all those right-winged people did vote for HDZ in the past. But as i already said, that's not the case anymore. HDZ lost all support it once had among the people and so did Thompson.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Another video:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

How dare you talk about shi.t u know nothing about. We were attacked by the Serbs! They killed our civilians, our soldiers, our families! Do u even know what happened in Vukovar for example? Croats never wanted anything they didnt have, just wanted to live in their own country. Thompson never said he is ustaša, just patriot, he was a soldier in Čavoglave. Oluja was liberating operation. Croats neo nazis? More life left winged. And many things i would like to tell you but dont have patience and nerves for it. Read some real historical books, not the ones written under serbian influence.

new topics

top topics

join