It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Nuclear Meltdown Confirmed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

So what happens after the plant is destroyed? Are they going to keep it off limits like Chernobyl?
edit on 12-3-2011 by xShadow13 because: mispelled words...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Come on guys, we all know that this whole thing is 10 times worse than the media is telling us, isn't it always??? Lets not forget history, let's not forget they dont care one bit for any of us. I'm on the westcoast and already warned my family and friends to stock up on potassium iodide, and to keep an eye on jet stream/weather charts. It's funny one huge disaster will make everybody forget about the larger agendas being played out. You know Emanuel isn't going to let a good crisis go to waste, his own words not mine.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

It has the potential to be 1000 greater than the Chernbyl disaster.

I posted this in the other thread. Potential is the word. But comparing to Chernobyl there are some key differences

The Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant has a capacity of 4,696 MW
The Chernobyl Plant had Installed capacity 4,000 MW

Its not that much bigger. Also the Chernobyl plant was a RBMK-1000 Graphite Moderated Core. Graphite burns.It also lacked a containmment dome as featured in all western plants.

The Fukushima is a boiling water reactor which as we can tell above there is residual heat produced even after its SCRAMED. but has a containment dome.

Given the fact that they have introduced seawater and boric acid (to absorb neutrons) to at least one of the reactors and the the resulting explosion which was caused by hydrogen buildup indicates that a partial meltdown has occured. If the containment dome survived the earthquake AND the subequent expolsion, the excaping radiation will be a fraction of that that occured in Chernobyl. If the containment dome has failed then ALL bets are off.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I find is ludricrous they are downplayin this,When I specifically saw an explosion at that plant,wnich was aired on the News Channels.

I know a explosion when I see one, that ws not an imposion,it was an explosion. So why are they lying? Now another containment of anoher reactor cooling system has failed also.
edit on 12-3-2011 by AnonymousFem because: to add more content

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
More links.

Red Alert: Nuclear Meltdown at Quake-Damaged Japanese Plant

A March 12 explosion at the earthquake-damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in Okuma, Japan, appears to have caused a reactor meltdown. The key piece of technology in a nuclear reactor is the control rods. Nuclear fuel generates neutrons; controlling the flow and production rate of these neutrons is what generates heat, and from the heat, electricity. Control rods absorb neutrons — the rods slide in and out of the fuel mass to regulate neutron emission, and with it, heat and electricity generation.

Read more: Red Alert: Nuclear Meltdown at Quake-Damaged Japanese Plant | STRATFOR

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
See my post in the other thread, here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is certain that at this point, THINGS ARE MUCH WORSE than is being reported.

I hate being the layman to go against the word of "experts" but unfortunately there is too much history of cover-up and downplaying to believe that anything less than Chernobyl 2 has occurred at this point.

There is plenty of information on the 'net about reactors, their design, operation, safety systems etc.. that make alarm bells ring when they said that the explosion was due to a fault with cooling the primary containment. That is totally bogus - the primary containment is not cooled - it is not even filled with water!

When they reported (read my posts after the one I linked to in the other thread) that the cooling circuit to the reactor failed, the only image in my mind was that of pressure build-up in the reactor pressure vessel going far beyond design limits, and resulting in catastrophic failure of both it, the primary containment and the secondary containment building.

When you consider also that earlier they had been successfully maintaining pressure of the secondary containment to safe limits having vented the reactor coolant to keep it within limits, the sudden and unexpected failure of the secondary containment building can only be the result of an explosion of the pressure vessel.

In other words, Chernobyl 2 *has* occurred, despite all the news reports. Just look at the design of a BWR reactor and its layout and you will see that what they are saying in the MSM doesn't make sense.
edit on 12-3-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Seems a simple problem to solve. Has the containment dome failed? I understand the core is contained in 6 inch thick stainless steel. Now when I saw that explosion my initial reaction was that the whole damn thing blew up. It appears the numbers of radiation sickness are increasing by the hour. Also I have heard that prevailing winds may be blowing towards Tokyo. Really pisses me off that I cannot trust our news. I mean CNN has "Breaking News" that the reactor has experienced a meltdown and within 1 minute of the headline refutes their own story WTF

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
guys your not thinking straight by listening to infowars, our press and government would not play this down imo if there is a meltdown we will know about it because it will be blamed 100% on japan, it's not like if their was a problem here that the government would want to hide.

the japanese government might try and cover it up but ours won't hide this one because they are not guilty.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
How far will this affect,with the releaseof radioactive cloud into the Air?

I know for years farmers in scotland were checking thier stock for radio active contamination.

With the jet stream,which way will this radio active cloud,if there is one,where will it go?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Seems a simple problem to solve. Has the containment dome failed? I understand the core is contained in 6 inch thick stainless steel. Now when I saw that explosion my initial reaction was that the whole damn thing blew up. It appears the numbers of radiation sickness are increasing by the hour. Also I have heard that prevailing winds may be blowing towards Tokyo. Really pisses me off that I cannot trust our news. I mean CNN has "Breaking News" that the reactor has experienced a meltdown and within 1 minute of the headline refutes their own story WTF

See my post in this thread above yours.

IMHO yes, the pressure vessel (the reactor itself), its primary containment and the secondary containment are all breached.

See the drawing here: www.nucleartourist.com...

Note carefully - the primary containment is the DRY WELL!!!! There is no coolant here at all!! The coolant that failed was the PRIMARY CIRCUIT OF THE REACTOR. IT WAS THE REACTOR THAT EXPLODED.

The job of the primary containment is to house all the high radiation equipment. It is often called the "biological shield" in that it prevents high level radiation escaping and killing everything.
edit on 12-3-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Coal is just as clean after it is scrubbed

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Take a look at the link i posted on page 1
It is a 180hr gif of the Jetstream From Japan to the West coast of the US
I've heard that iodine (not sure if i've got that right) may help!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yea, I watched that display.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

Have you all noticed that fox news is downplaying the event now. they are showing footage from japan that is no revealing the true destruction. they play a clip then cut it or play a silly clip of water moving cars and blue things to a bridge. When it first hit, I seen a wall of water 100-200 feet hight moving up the mountain destroying the whole city, the worst footage I have seen from the event. It has since been removed from the media and they are saying only 60 people confirmed dead and the reactor is being fixed. Why would they do this?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Abductee001

Go to your local pharmacy and ask them, there are different types of iodine. some work well and others will make you vomit.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Well they are not doing that here in the UK. Everytime they refferr to the Plant,they are showing the Explosion, And the aftermath. And are repeating that the cooling system in another has failed,to work,and they are slowly releasing air once again to try and contain it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
www.latimes.com...

Another Japan nuclear reactor fails
A third reactor at the Fukushima No. 1 plant loses its emergency cooling capacity, bringing to six the number of reactors that have failed at the two Fukushima nuclear power plants since the earthquake and tsunami.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

I should be ok here in the uk

But for all you people in the US, Deja 'Vu is right - Go to your pharmacy and take advice, and don't take iodine unless it is "definetly" needed, it can cause thyroid problems if used incorrectly.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Lugol's Iodine is a mixture of 80g Potassium Iodide and 40g Iodine.

From Dailymed.com

CONTENTS

Iodine 0.05 g/ml, Potassium Iodide 0.105 g/ml.

DESCRIPTION

LUGOL’S is an aqueous solution containing Iodine 5%, and potassium iodide 10%, w/v (LUGOL’s Solution). LUGOL’s is a transparent liquid with a deep brown color and the odor of iodine.

HOW SUPPLIED

LUGOL’S is supplied in 8 ml glass single-use bottles.

INDICATIONS AND USAGE

LUGOL’s is a topical antiseptic. Strong Iodine Solution is a germicide and fungicide. LUGOL’s is preservative-free.

ADMINISTRATION

LUGOL’S is applied directly to areas needing antiseptic.

WARNINGS

For External Use Only.

CONTRAINDICATIONS

Iodide preparations are contraindicated in patients with known sensitivity to the drugs.

CAUTION

Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.

STORAGE

Keep tightly closed. Protect from light. DO NOT use if seal has been broken. Store at controlled room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).

DISPOSAL

Opened containers with unused portions of product and applicator swabs containing residual product should be placed in a suitable, dry container for disposal following local hazardous waste practices. Waste containing LUGOL’S should not be subjected to any thermal process whether intended for destruction or recycling purposes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join