It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Nuclear Meltdown Confirmed

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Yeah - let's burn more oil to make up the gap - you dont' mind paying more for your gas do you??

Exactly, not only the cost, but I thought we were concerned with greenhouse gasses and global warming. Nuclear power doesn't contribute to either. If anything, we should all push for the research and development of fusion reactors to replace fission reactors. Perhaps some of our nuclear experts on this thread could chime in on why that may or may not work?

The Global Warming theory has been undermined already but one has to make one's own mind up so if that is what you believe that is your choice.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
I hope I am wrong wrong wrong and you speculation is right but being prepared is wise and this is my point really

Well, we'll have to wait and see. But you're right, any of us who live near nuclear power plants should be aware of what steps to take in an emergency. I live pretty close to the Palo Verde nuclear plant here in AZ, I understand what you're saying. I'm still wondering why we don't use fusion reactors instead of fission...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Second post down, see the top of the Reactor get blown into the air. That is more than just the containment shell building and the member who posted it is an explosive expert who confirms this is the reactor blowing.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The Global Warming theory has been undermined already but one has to make one's own mind up so if that is what you believe that is your choice.

Well, I was just throwing that out there, I don't really have an opinion one way or the other about global warming. The earth goes through cycles, even before industrialization. But I do know that greenhouse gasses, and smog are bad for our environment day in day out, even when it's working perfectly. Just look at how many children are developing asthma in developed countries now. Our air quality is attrocious because of burning fossil fuels. Nuclear energy is clean as far as emissions go, but when there's an accident of course radiation is released into the immediate area, which is of course bad. But it's not a constant pullution like it is with fossil fuels. One day, when people stop letting corporate bastards call all the shots, they will be forced to bite the bullet and invest in safer energy.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Radiation Levels Up,
4th Reactor on Fire

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

It hurts so bad to watch this.

Please end!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Iodine is what is used to protect the thyroid glands from radiation, the Thyroid glands are the first to get cancer from radiation, but that does not protect the rest of the body.

Scientists at Bristol Myers Squib reported in the early 1980’s that Iridium and Ruthenium are ant cancerous.
Well modern technology has enabled the noble metals to be reduced to atomic size particles, invisible to the human eye but act as a powerful deterrent to cancer causing free radicals.

Colloidal Iridium and Ruthenium is a powerful combination of noble metal monatomic particles that are actually trace minerals that the body can use to effectively deal with cancer causing radiation for the whole body not just the thyroids.Colloidal Iridium and Ruthenium comes in 4000 PPM and UP.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What the Japanese govt, MSM & doom sayers aren't telling you about the problems with the Jap reactors - how little a problem there actually is!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Link - thecrowhouse.com...

Just found this article from 2004

Japan's Deadly Game of Nuclear Roulette
Sunday, May 23, 2004

By LEUREN MORET
Special to The Japan Times

Of all the places in all the world where no one in their right mind would build scores of nuclear power plants, Japan would be pretty near the top of the list.

The Japanese archipelago is located on the so-called Pacific Rim of Fire, a large active volcanic and tectonic zone ringing North and South America, Asia and island arcs in Southeast Asia. The major earthquakes and active volcanoes occurring there are caused by the westward movement of the Pacific tectonic plate and other plates leading to subduction under Asia.

Japan sits on top of four tectonic plates, at the edge of the subduction zone, and is in one of the most tectonically active regions of the world. It was extreme pressures and temperatures, resulting from the violent plate movements beneath the seafloor, that created the beautiful islands and volcanoes of Japan.

Mod note: Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 3/15/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
"......Because Hamaoka sits directly over the subduction zone near the junction of two plates, and is overdue for a major earthquake, it is considered to be the most dangerous nuclear power plant in Japan. " ........

Above is an extract of a recent post from an article from 2004

Link- thecrowhouse.com...

Japan's Deadly Game of Nuclear Roulette
Sunday, May 23, 2004

A japanese friend has just informed me that there has just been an earthquake there.
This situation is worsening day by day

30 years ago I was informed of massive earth changes - The person who gave me this info was ridiculed - In her words " It will begin east of Java"
Please be aware that this is only the begining - be prepared and do something now.
I am not here to create panic only to inform because I care that you know so can act
edit on 16-3-2011 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2011 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Update 12.28 pm: A resident of Sendai, near the epicenter of the earthquake, Emperor Akihito's speech called "impossible for something he" had kept. Takero Sato: "I am after the Second World War and I've never seen on TV or the Internet. If you understand Japanese culture, you know it's very, very rare for him in order to step forward. "(BBC)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Second post down, see the top of the Reactor get blown into the air. That is more than just the containment shell building and the member who posted it is an explosive expert who confirms this is the reactor blowing.

Experts ? The reactor does not explode, this is not a nuclear bomb. Worst that can happen is they melt and breach the containment. nothing will EXPLODE. The explosions u have been saying are build ups of co2 in rooms, nothing to do with the reactors.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Yeah - let's burn more oil to make up the gap - you dont' mind paying more for your gas do you??

Exactly, not only the cost, but I thought we were concerned with greenhouse gasses and global warming. Nuclear power doesn't contribute to either. If anything, we should all push for the research and development of fusion reactors to replace fission reactors. Perhaps some of our nuclear experts on this thread could chime in on why that may or may not work?

Global warming(Large amount of co2) is the reason we have lost over 80% of the world species due to the extinctions that have happened due to co2 levels. We are currently in our latest extinction as animals all over world die.

Co2 killing the planet is very very real.(Thou the planet will just bounce back to perfectness after time) Did you know LESS co2 got into the air when the volcano near EU grounded all the flights ? So its better to have a huge volcano spewing out # for weeks, rather then planes flying around for a day.

Anyone who thinks humans are not making the co2 lvls increase super fast, your just blind or uneducated.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Draken

I hear you but I for one think Nucluer Power and also burning Fossil Fuels is a very bad idea.
However and as always the global elite use any arguement to futher their agenda. Do you think Al Gore really cares about real ecology or more about the mass of money he will gain from all of this.
Humanity at present is so disconnected from what he truly is within the bigger nature of both the Earth and Cosmos that all is ruined in his hands. Have you ever considered what the true purpose of the Earth is and what your true purpose is. Or do you believe there is no purpose - I do not wish to insult but I am curious

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Update 16.24: The International Atomic Energy Energy Agency reported that Japanese authorities are concerned about the state of fuel rods in the reactors 3 and 4 of Fukushima Dai'ichi (No. 1).

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by precicio

Thanks for the info - Looked at from a point of view of Physics - Humanity has gone mad with the chemistry set.
When a star ends it's cycle such things as Uranium and Plutonium are left unrefined by the action of the Star/Sun
Now this all depends upon what one believes but certain elements are held deep within the earth for a reason as is coals oils and gases - They were never intended for the use Humanity puts them to for in doing so he ruins all

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
on cnn they are reporting snowfall in parts of japan.

could this impact on the situation, in terms of radiation fallout?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The oil companies are probably LOVING this whole fiasco. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to learn that all the nuclear "experts" hyping this up are on their payroll. People are far less afraid of smog than they are of radiation. Ever see how nasty the air in a big city is? Most people don't give it a second thought, but they are breathing in carcinogens (causing cancer) daily. People are afraid of the word 'radiation', and the oil companies will gladly welcome the masses with open arms as they come running back to pay as high a price as they demand for their "less scary" cause of cancer.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The oil companies are probably LOVING this whole fiasco. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to learn that all the nuclear "experts" hyping this up are on their payroll. People are far less afraid of smog than they are of radiation. Ever see how nasty the air in a big city is? Most people don't give it a second thought, but they are breathing in carcinogens (causing cancer) daily. People are afraid of the word 'radiation', and the oil companies will gladly welcome the masses with open arms as they come running back to pay as high a price as they demand for their "less scary" cause of cancer.

I think you are onto something there regarding oil - With all the mid east stuff going on the price is due to sky rocket
making all transported goods also rocket in price causing yet more strife. This is what the Nerw World Order wants and has planned for for many years - Yes the global elite care little about human suffering and if they can profit from it they will as they have always done through out history.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join