It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Nuclear Meltdown Confirmed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Japan Nuclear Meltdown Confirmed

www.infowars.com

Japanese Nuclear Meltdown Confirmed

Infowars.com
March 12, 2011

As we accurately reported earlier today, the explosion at the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan was the result of a nuclear meltdown of the reactor core at the facility.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA) confirmed the meltdown Saturday afternoon. Fukushima is one of the 25 lar
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3/13/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This may well affect you.
The main stream media and authorities are playing this down.
The article states thet the the radio active clouds may well be carried to the coast of the USA and Canada.
It has the potential to be 1000 greater than the Chernbyl disaster.
There are many conspiricy theories abounding as to the cause of this present disaster - HAARP and weather manipulation being one.
I am not here to discuss what or who or why but simply feel it is important to inform - Be prepareed - Even if this disaster is downscaled by the main stream media and authorities.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-3-2011 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

I'm really not trying to be a wiseguy here, but how do you go about preparing for this? Ths US will be covered by whatever it is (if it's anything at all) within, what, three days? I cant think of anything to do except keep going.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
has anyone seen this video yet?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-3-2011 by wongy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
LINK to the vid you're referencing...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-3-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: eta

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Just remember coal is bad, what you want more than anything is clean nuclear energy!

Safe and affordable, and when we say safe we mean safe.

Now I know you all feel not just safer, but safe, so move along please nothing to see here.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
CNN's inteview with the Japanese Ambassador was saying a melt down is not occuring - then he slipped up at one point and said something about a partial melt at one of the other reactors. I got confussed but CNN took down their announcment saying Official: Meltdown occuring. The Ambassador also stated they are the
only ones handling this situation - no help from other countries regarding the plants. Keep in mind this is just heresay from me watching TV media - nothing solid and I don't know who or what to believe at this point.

36 hours to reach the US and Canada - who would be testing the atmosphere across the Pacific for radiation?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You might want to look up Lugol's Iodide.

Any information on the chemical nature of the release would be appreciated. What elements, half-lives and other details. I would look for non-MSM sources - preferably a nuke engineer. Still, time for us to do our own homework and then compare notes.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
We probably get more radiation from our cell phones then we will from this incident 5k miles away.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
S has hit the fan. And it's gonna be a nasty, stinky, radioactive pile of s!

Conflicting reports about this meltdown. But I don't expect the MSM to report accurately. They could indeed be downplaying this crisis.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
"Bt downplaying this serious disaster, the Japanese government is not only endangering its own people, but also millions of people in the United States and Canada.

The cover-up by the Japanese government provides more evidence that government cannot be trusted to safeguard the lives of its citizens."

Was that really necessary? This is why I don't trust infowars.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that they're getting conflicting information. A man was on just within the past hour saying there is not a meltdown. So things still seem up in the air.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Interesting. Infowars sourced Stratfor, a mercenary intelligence gathering company. In the space of 2 hours, their reports go from saying "It is happening, can't be anything else" to backtracking and saying "Japan confirmed there was no reactor or container explosion or meltdown" at March 12, 2011 2324 GMT. But Stratfor did not take down it's earlier report.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm thinking the report dated "March 12, 2011 2133 GMT" is probably right.

Japan: Another Nuclear Reactor Releasing Radioactive Steam
March 12, 2011 2343 GMT
Another Japanese nuclear reactor was in the process of releasing radioactive steam, Kyodo...

Japan: Reactor To Release Radioactive Steam
March 12, 2011 2333 GMT
Japan's Tokyo Electric Power Company plans to release radioactive steam from a second reactor at...

Japan: Cabinet Secretary Discusses Reactor Situation
March 12, 2011 2324 GMT
Japan confirmed there was no reactor or container explosion or meltdown, Japan's chief Cabinet...

Japan: Reactor May Have More Problems
March 12, 2011 2301 GMT
Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant may be experiencing a meltdown, a Nuclear and...

Japan: Nuclear Plant Faces New Problem
March 12, 2011 2155 GMT
Tokyo Electric Power Company's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power reactor No. 3's emergency cooling...

Japan: Lower Radioactivity Level Reported
March 12, 2011 2138 GMT
The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant had an initial radioactivity increase March 12 but observed...

Japan: Meltdown Caused Reactor Explosion - NISA
March 12, 2011 2133 GMT
The explosion at the Fukushima unit 1 nuclear plant could only have been caused by a meltdown of...

edit on 12/3/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Japanese government confirms meltdown at nuclear plant

INTERNATIONAL. Japan’s Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA) said March 12 that the explosion at the Fukushima Daiichi No. 1 nuclear plant could only have been caused by a meltdown of the reactor core, Japanese daily Nikkei reported. This statement seemed somewhat at odds with Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano’s comments earlier March 12, in which he said “the walls of the building containing the reactor were destroyed, meaning that the metal container encasing the reactor did not explode.”

Source

edit on 12-3-2011 by Skittle because: Forgot the link

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have been checking around and the only thing I could find that prevents radiation "poisoning" is Potassium Iodide. I bought a few pill packs as soon as I heard what was going on, you can find some online and if you pay a bit more they will deliver it in a day or two.

link   
Member RUDDD just posted this on the Japan Update thread:

"Germany's atomic energy commission say that he knew from Japanese colleagues that the core meltdopwn had happened and stakes his reputation on it.

That's one line of official confirmation coming out. "

link   
If you are in the US and tshtf you may want to keep your eye on this
Jetstream 180hr Forecast

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Already another thread tracking this situation since yesterday, and updating almost continuously ...
Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The before and after pics were a little blurry, my first impression was that they imploded a 10 story quake weakened building in the background behind the plant? No doubt the core got hot if they were having cooling pump problems but the MSM reports are mixed.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
CNN's inteview with the Japanese Ambassador was saying a melt down is not occuring - then he slipped up at one point and said something about a partial melt at one of the other reactors. I got confussed but CNN took down their announcment saying Official: Meltdown occuring. The Ambassador also stated they are the
only ones handling this situation - no help from other countries regarding the plants. Keep in mind this is just heresay from me watching TV media - nothing solid and I don't know who or what to believe at this point.

36 hours to reach the US and Canada - who would be testing the atmosphere across the Pacific for radiation?

I was listening to the news on BBC news on T.V. and they said 2 "nuclear experts" from the USA were flying out there now.. They are in the air...

Local fire and rescue teams from my area are also already in the air with equipment and S&R dogs to aid.
And apparently many more are going to fly over from the U.K too...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join