It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Meldown of Japan Nuclear Reactor May Be Under Way

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
CNN is reporting at this moment that a Nuclear Safety Agency official has just told CNN that a meltdown may be under way at this time.

edit on 12-3-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

www.cnn.com...
edit on 3/12/11 by FredT because: added link

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The moment I heard they were dumping sand from helicopters, I knew it was too far gone.

Just wish those aftershocks would quit...
edit on 12-3-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It seems they're arguing about it.
The Japanese ambassador is saying it's not happening, Wolfe B is trying to say that it is.
Conflicting reports.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Damage control from the Japanese, and sensationalisim by Wolfe B.

Either way, I hope that Nippon doesn't become a wasteland, haven't they had enough nuclear inciddents for any 10 nations??

I really like them cherry blossoms...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Here's a link
STRATFOR

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

This ain't gonna be pretty..
Anyone know the size of this reactor?
How does it compare with Chernobyl ?

This just in....

Nuclear agency officials said Japan was injecting seawater into the core - an indication, Hibbs said, of "how serious the problem is and how the Japanese had to resort to unusual and improvised solutions to cool the reactor core."

www.forbes.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
well looks like 2012 come early god help us all

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well fox news reports...

URGENT: Japan Reports Emergency
At Nuke Plant as Thousands Flee
LATEST UPDATE: Japan's nuclear safety agency reports there is an emergency at second reactor in the same complex where an explosion occurred earlier as nearly 170,000 people have been evacuated from the areas around....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Yep- same info I'm getting. Is this 'agency' that Fox is citing a government agency, or private?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Official: 'We see the possibility of a meltdown'

Tokyo (CNN) -- A meltdown may be under way at one of Fukushima Daiichi's nuclear power reactors in northern Japan, an official with Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency told CNN Sunday.

"There is a possibility, we see the possibility of a meltdown," said Toshihiro Bannai, director of the agency's international affairs office, in a telephone interview from the agency's headquarters in Tokyo. "At this point, we have still not confirmed that there is an actual meltdown, but there is a possibility.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

yeah we keep getting conflicting reports from Japan let alone all the various news agencies. I think we're safer assuming at this point that it has been a melt down and proceding from there.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I saw another thread saying that they stopped all attempts to save the plant.

link   
Looks like the US has gotten them twice now. Once the 1945 atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by the United States, and now with HAARP......The evil people MUST BE Stopped !!!!

link   
reply to post by FredT

Was just getting ready to add the link to the OP. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Core of quake-damaged reactor partially melts
Seawater being poured into reactor to cool it; 170,000 being evacuated from area

I said there was gonna be a meltdown and my comment was deleted...as it was speculation..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Looks like the US has gotten them twice now. Once the 1945 atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by the United States, and now with HAARP......The evil people MUST BE Stopped !!!!

Was this really needed? kindly show any evidence that HAARP was used for this? And why Japan? Not say Iran or North Korea? either way its off topic for this thread. If you wish to place blame on the US for this Natural disaster via HAARP, please start a new thread. The topic of this one is the evolving situation at the Fukushima nuclear power plant.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Don't pee into the wind
Jetstream

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

And your hysteria is linked one to the other how?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by _BoneZ_

This ain't gonna be pretty..
Anyone know the size of this reactor?
How does it compare with Chernobyl ?

This just in....

Nuclear agency officials said Japan was injecting seawater into the core - an indication, Hibbs said, of "how serious the problem is and how the Japanese had to resort to unusual and improvised solutions to cool the reactor core."

www.forbes.com...

It is the most powerful reactor complex on Earth. It drawfs Chernobyl by thousands of times.This is extremely serious for Hawaii and our west coast.
edit on 12-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Just think how many Godzillas they are creating

Seriously though - I feel awful for all the people over there in Japan and hope they can get this reactor under control.
edit on 12-3-2011 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join