It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safest place on earth- Nat Geo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm reading where many of you plan on going or are considering the safest places on Earth in a SHTF scenario... I have been doing several calculations and have determined that the best place would be South Africa. This takes into account the BIG SHTF scenario.... we're talking everything from magnetic polar shifts, to geological shifts up to 17%, massive earthquakes, polar caps melting, erruptions of Yellowstone's super volcano and other super volcanos due to geological plate shifts. So... when you take all of these factors into consideration, you are only left with South Africa. Most of the places mentioned above will either be flooded, slammed with earthquakes, or buried under several tons of ash... Even if a 'nuclear winter' scenario were to play out with the global ash cloud created from super volcanos and cities left to burn for years... It would be possible to survive in South Africa. The only problem... getting there and preparing ahead of time.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'd think that the safest place to be would be dependent on what kind of SHTF we were dealing with.

For me my place to go would be Andorra, slap bang between France and Spain. High enough to be away from rising sea levels, warm summers with valleys for farming. Downside is cold winters. If that wasnt far enough from whatever SHTF, then go south to Gibraltar and make sail for Morocco and live in the Atlas mountains for a bit. But if I didnt have time for all that (lol) then I'd just have to steal a wood fired range from somewhere and find a wee croft house up in the wilds of the Scottish Highlands and hope for the best! I would happily live off salmon and venison

new topics

<< 1   >>

join