It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Nuclear Incident Already Third Worst In History

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

This is a situation that has the potential for a nuclear catastrophe. It's basically a race against time, because what has happened is that plant operators have not been able to cool down the core of at least two reactors," said Robert Alvarez, a senior scholar at the Institute for Policy Studies in Washington.

The situation ranks as the third-most-serious nuclear accident on record, Cirincione said. He said only the 1979 partial meltdown of a reactor core at the Three Mile Island nuclear plant in Pennsylvania and the 1986 Chernobyl disaster in the Soviet Union were worse.
edit on 12-3-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
For those who don't know, there were two other meltdowns that are relatively unknown: Simi Valley CA, and Windscale in the UK. The Japan meltdown is already worse than these two.

Simi Valley:

Windscale:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

i think we all know that the the new world order has caused this catastrophe by setting bombs on the asian plate. now japan needs britian and americas help .........soon japan will join the new world order .....its not rocket science !

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Both of those were military reactors, and thus much smaller than civilian reactors. From my research Fukushima is only the third civilian nuclear power plant to experience a meltdown.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What's happening in Japan is almost unbelievable. I mean, a devastating earthquake followed by an even more devastating tsunami and then followed by difficulties with the nuclear reactors on the island?

If this wasn't reality, I would assume it was a plot line for a disaster movie.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

i think we all know that the the new world order has caused this catastrophe by setting bombs on the asian plate. now japan needs britian and americas help .........soon japan will join the new world order .....its not rocket science !

signature:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daveandshah

I wouldn't rule out HARRP just yet...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by daveandshah
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

Yeah... I think that particular conclusion is very very far off from the complexities of rocket science.

It's more of... a paranoid delusion. In all respect, of course.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Uhmmm you guys are full of disinformation. A meltdown HAS NOT occured. If one has, all of japan would be in danger, and Western US and Canada would be #ed over in about 24-40 hours. You are spreading disinformation. Mods should close this thread

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You are nitpicking here, sir. The reactor has overheated, and a partial meltdown is occuring.

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
Uhmmm you guys are full of disinformation. A meltdown HAS NOT occured. If one has, all of japan would be in danger, and Western US and Canada would be #ed over in about 24-40 hours. You are spreading disinformation. Mods should close this thread

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Flagged and starred it as soo true

However feel Thread will get redirected to : Japan Declares Nuclear Emergencyin the same forum, search first eh? should really have added it there.

Elf

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Do you have a source for this? i've been watching live feeds, and reading news since the wee hours of the morning and haven't heard that. infact radiation levels around the plant are decreasing

Source: twitter.com...#!/SkyNewsBreak

edit on 12-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice.

I have read through that thread, but I felt that a seperate thread was nessasary to educate people on the history of nuclear reactor meltdowns to put things into perspective--specifically the unknown nuclear incidents.

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Flagged and starred it as soo true

However feel Thread will get redirected to : Japan Declares Nuclear Emergencyin the same forum, search first eh? should really have added it there.

Elf

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Click play.

Do you have a source for this? i've been watching live feeds, and reading news since the wee hours of the morning and haven't heard that. infact radiation levels around the plant are decreasing

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I just saw on CNN that people are now being treated for radiation , even though officials insist the reactor has not exploded.
also earlier, they expanded the evacuation area around the plant.

link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Tokyo to San Francisco is 5,133 miles.
We are about 5,133miles from japan, now explain to me or show me some supporting information on how a “reactor melt down” would put radiation into the “jet stream”.

A jet stream is ruffly 23,000+ft up, and a reactor melt down/explosion would be ground level.

So I am doubtful .

link   

Uhh no were does it say a partial meltdown. CNN is also a puppet news station

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Core currently overheating... Check

When they tried to relieve the pressure to try and cool it down, the gasses came into contact with the air then exploded... Check

Reactor is still in tact, but they have not contained the problem... Check

Any kind of radioactivity present... Check

What else do you need to confirm a partial/full meltdown?

edit on 3/12/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Thank you for your advice, sir. While I disagree with you, I have changed the title accordingly.

Uhh no were does it say a partial meltdown. CNN is also a puppet news station

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by daveandshah

If that isn't sarcasm I just don't know what to say. So what was the reason for earthquakes before bombs and the new world order? Seems like everything now is an evil plan. Fantasy takes over the mind boys and girls.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join