It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your radiation count so far? Lets survey!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm getting spikes up to .2 mr/hr with the shield and half that without on my Victoreen 700. Background is.02mr/hr What's yer digits on the left coast?. Lets watch the counts rise together!
You have to start now, so you establish a baseline background for your area.
edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: it's the end of the world

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

I don't have a geiger counter. But do you know of information regarding whether this fallout will reach California?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

I don't have a geiger counter. But do you know of information regarding whether this fallout will reach California?

Yould have to check on the weather channel, jetstream configuration etc, but, eventually what drifts over japan will drift over the left coast in a day or more, depending.
I'm serious about eveyrone with a counter to do periodic survey otherwise you'll never know.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

for weather info look here

www.stormsurfing.com...

it will give you a good idea WHERE the fallout might hit the west coast..

were taking Iodide starting today...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Is this dangerous?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

You are aware there currently is no fallout right?
No meltdown has occured, the only radiation leakage is the minor radiation leakage that occured around the plant. There was some very very very minor atmospheric leakage, but by the time that reaches the US and Canada it'll have dissapated, and decayed making it no danger at all. Your buying into the fear mongering
edit on 12-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

thank you .. i stand corrected.... no REPORTED fallout

but still taking iodide tablets,,, anyway..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Probally a good idea just incase. Wish i could find some, As far as i know they are only sold online and im away from my house for the weekend

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The whole point of a survey is to delay taking Iodine until necessary,as it is absorbed within minutes into the thyroid not that one cant take it early but that often results in complacency. No there is no fallout, as there's been no nuclear explosion technically, but what has happened in the equivalent of a dirty bomb and radioactive isotopes have been released into the environment and if the core melts down you'll get what is considered fallout. Much of this is all about timing and appropriate response based on analysis of "data", and somebody, often termed an "adult" with "experience" often makes "recommendations" based on established "science".and sometimes and"education" results.
edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: for the children

edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: the children dont listen

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
what will the radiation do to me im in oregon

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

Eventually it will kill you, but I'm not gifted enough to know when, could take decades to find out. One of the secrets in life is that cumulative radiation damage kills most of us, kinda like that old Ray Bradbury short story. Check it out.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

you don't have to worry about radiation right now. There has not been a meltdown, and the current release of radioactivity into the atmosphere is almost nothing. And by the time it reaches US and Canada, it'll have dissapated enough, and decayed enough to not be a danger. But if a meltdown occurs, then you should start worrying

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

wow okay japan will be evan worst off

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I use an IM-174/PD and hauled it out and tested it this morning. Battery and Ion Chamber are A-OK. I'm reading nothing above normal background stuff. My unit reads in the old "RADS" measuring system which is obsolete now as everyone is on sV's and REMs, and I read at below 5 RADS/hr...above 0 RADS/hr, but below 5. This is considered normal for this unit. 50 to 100 RADS/hr is getting into the "dangerous" exposure levels. I would evacuate rather than shelter-in-place at readings higher than 180 RADS/hr.

I'm not sure yet as to the actual risks of fallout hitting the US. I'm also not sure as to whether or not a meltdown has in fact occurred. There is quite a bit of conflicting reports and disinformation being spewed all over the interwebz. Go figure. The nuclear power industry has a demonstrated history of lies and cover-ups though, so I'm much more inclined to believe that it is at least nominally worse than is being reported. Not taking KI or munching on MilkBonz yet. I don't live anywhere near the west coast, so I probably won't have to worry about too much even if fallout does make it to the US. ...and seriously...even if it does, it's not going to be nearly as bad as some people are afraid of. Remember...fear is the mind killer.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
started a thread to record different people's readings here.

Just need some volunteers.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm not worried while you all are going to be glowing in the dark, have eaten so much iodized salt that I am invincible!!!!

edit on 12-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: spellling wtf!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

All that salt has to do wonders for the blood pressure!!! Radiation won't get you a heart attack will..

new topics

top topics

join