It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook founder called trusting users dumb *ucks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Did anyone know about this? The news article is from May 2010. Mark Zuckerburg was 19 when he said it. In IM transcripts that were put out has him calling the first few thousand that signed up ' dumb *ucks'.

For the whole article, including the chat he had with an unnamed person go here.
www.theregister.co.uk...
edit on 12-3-2011 by soaringhawk because: title edit

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well to be honest even I would say something like that...I mean come on - 4000 people just gave away their details to zuckerberg just like that...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

I have to agree with him, anyone daft enough to display their entire life to the world, and anyone daft enough to hand over all their personal details to random internet companies, IMO, is a dumb***k.

Nice to see him admit it though.

S&F

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theibbsta
Well to be honest even I would say something like that...I mean come on - 4000 people just gave away their details to zuckerberg just like that...

QFT

People should be careful what they sign up for and what information they give away. Too much is given away in these social networking sites. IMO

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I am finding less and less use for facebook.

I think it's useful to market yourself (music, business, products, ideas), and to keep up with family. But it's awful when someone you went on one date with, back in high school looks you up and tries to "catch up". It's silly.

People are too connected these days.

So if we are getting called names, maybe we deserve it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I see no problem with him saying that at all. It used to be that no one ever put personal information out on the web. Now it's ok? Don't think so! The FB page I have doesn't have my real name or any info- I just use the names I use in my mmos.
edit on 12-3-2011 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Well I do see a big problem with him saying it. It shows that at that time he was an immature, unprofessional, foul mouthed punk kid.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Who wasn't/isn't at 19? Er, okay, maybe don't answer that. But really? Look at what he created(stole) and how big it got. You'd start getting cocky too. 19 and on top of the world. Whatever. Not like it affects anyone adversely.

new topics

top topics

join