It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists May Have Found Atlantis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FattyTravy
reply to post by Solasis

I am going to have to agree with you.

A tsunami wipes out Japan then all of a sudden stories come forward of how Atlantis, the ancient city supposedly wiped out by a tsunami, might have been found?

I believe that there was an Atlantis, but I have some doubts about wether it has yet been found or not.

Obviously that team's tsunami and location theory was assembled well before the tsunami in Japan the other day. This NatGeo documentary discussing it wasn't shot and edited in a day.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whatwasthat

Well we can never know until we find the true location of Atlantis. Personally, I think the story could be plausible but not with the advanced science that you or I would think it is. They may have had lots of classic style buildings, lush forests filled with food because they were around water, and perhaps some primitive to us but advanced for them technology.

You'd think that is a nation was that advanced than some remains would still be preserved through the people who did survive the calamity. But we can never know until we find the true location. All part of the beauty of life!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think what a lot of people miss with the Atlantis story is, is that it was an advance civilisation FOR THE TIME - not for US.

So spaceships and teleportation devices are out, and fine pottery and metalwork are in.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Atlantis SUNK into the ocean, caused by a huge earthquake. It is interesting that in the center of the Atlantic ocean there is a fault line.

The beautiful islands of the Azores are the last remnants of Atlantis.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

I live on the Atlantic coast of Florida and once when I was a kid on the beach I found this piece of pottery washed up on the shore. I kept it but later lost it (I wish that I still had it). I believed it was from Atlantis....Of course it seems improbable that a piece of pottery from Atlantis thousands of years ago would wash up on the shore at that time, so that puts a damper on the theory I had.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Atlantis was the Americas and yes Tsunamis and floods did wipe it out. This is also corroborated by lore from the North and South American natives.

I think it is peoples interpretation of what Atlantis is that makes it unfindable.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio

Atlantis SUNK into the ocean, caused by a huge earthquake. It is interesting that in the center of the Atlantic ocean there is a fault line.

The beautiful islands of the Azores are the last remnants of Atlantis.

Azores is a tiny island. If they knew of the little island of Azores than the monstrous North and south American continent could not have gone undiscovered. The tales of Atlantis is really just the Americas. There were people living in great civilizations with pyramids and other great structures that still baffle people today on their creation.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
All I have to say is.. of course it was! I found it!

My Belief about this Stone

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I find this really intriguing. I like the theory of Cancho Roano being a site of survivors from Atlantis when a tsunami/flood forced them to flee inland. The culture there is more indicative of the coastal region than of anything around it. Especially interesting is the symbol of the man and the rings, which may be an Atlantian symbol, as it appears to be a man guarding the entrance to a city in the same setup Plato described Atlantis to possess.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Another thing that probably stalled any hope of finding this lost island civilization is the Noah/Noa story and how the Holy Bible "borrowed" the story of a great great cataclysm that wiped out an entire island and it's cities in one night and turned it into a "Gods pissed off and now we gotta suffer..except for a chosen few on a huge boat with animals." Religious holy rollers would never accept the truth even if it was right in their faces.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

Originally posted by Kryties

Plato said it was larger than (ancient) Libya and Asia-Minor combined. A sizable chunk of land yes, but not as big as you are describing I don't think (off the top of my head - I'd check but I'm in bed on my iPhone and that's a lot of effort hehe). But given Platos description, Spain seems to be a good candidate. Don't forget that Plato was merely reciting something supposedly told to him by an Egyptian and that it had occured a LONG time before Platos recollection.

good on you for knowing what you're talking about

id look to the Atlantic floor, or maybe they where talking about the americas

Doesnt the Atlantic start/end at Gibraltar?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

We all know Atlantis was destroyed in the last big earth cotastrophie where displacement happened and it ended up on the polar cap and is under 2 miles of ice!! Go look there!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
i think there may be some ancient civilization because earth is so old.even before dinosaur age,may be it is so long ago that we can not find the relic of these civilization.nothing can exist and maintain the same form forever,for example a coin can exists for about thouands of year,but it will disppear and become other form at last.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

JakeLeMaster

Originally posted by FattyTravy
reply to post by Solasis

I am going to have to agree with you.

A tsunami wipes out Japan then all of a sudden stories come forward of how Atlantis, the ancient city supposedly wiped out by a tsunami, might have been found?

I believe that there was an Atlantis, but I have some doubts about wether it has yet been found or not.

Obviously that team's tsunami and location theory was assembled well before the tsunami in Japan the other day. This NatGeo documentary discussing it wasn't shot and edited in a day.

This thread was linked in a newer thread I was reading.

I don't know if it was in a post here, but the date of the site is only a thousand or so years before Plato.

They guy from Connecticut espousing the theory, Richarde Freund, is Director of the Maurice Greenberg Center for Judaic Studies and Greenberg Professor of Jewish History at the University of Hartford. He's actually merely using this site - which has been under investigation by real Archaeologists since 2005, as a means to "prove" his own theory that Atlantis is also Tarshish, an utterly unknown city whose provenance consists of exactly two practically identical phrases in the Bible.

Check this out:

Apparently Freund dropped in to an active Spanish archaeological investigation into an actual ancient city, ongoing since 2005, and has hijacked it to generate publicity for his research into the connection between Solomon and Atlantis to prove the Bible true. Here is what the Spanish anthropologist Juan Villarias-Robles told the Telegraph about Freund:

"Richard Freund was a newcomer to our project and appeared to be involved in his own very controversial issue concerning King Solomon's search for ivory and gold in Tartessos, the well documented settlement in the Donaña area established in the first millennium BC.

"He became involved in what we were doing and provided funding for probes through his connections with National Geographic and Associated Producers.

"He left and the film company told us the documentary would be finished in April or May. But we did not hear from him and are very surprised it has appeared so soon and makes such fanciful claims."

National Geographic should be ashamed to present such poor reasoning and Biblical nonsense as science, especially without a single skeptical or opposing viewpoint.

That's Jason Colavita and that's how you research this sort of hooie.
But, a little extra looking can't hurt.

Harte

edit on 3/7/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

The link doesn't work and im highly sceptical this is another publicity seeking stunt. We are in the age of publicity stunts, remember that spacecraft under the water, and it turned out only to be a geographical anomaly. Lets see some photos from the claimant lets see some artifacts lets see something other than talk.
edit on 7-3-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Shadow Herder
Azores is a tiny island.

Plato says that only the tops of the mountains remain above sea level. There's plenty of land underwater on the Azores plateau to account for the description of their being a much larger land mass.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Plato says that only the tops of the mountains remain above sea level.
Where does Plato say that? Not here.

She was pre-eminent in courage and military skill, and was the leader of the Hellenes. And when the rest fell off from her, being compelled to stand alone, after having undergone the very extremity of danger, she defeated and triumphed over the invaders, and preserved from slavery those who were not yet subjugated, and generously liberated all the rest of us who dwell within the pillars. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea. For which reason the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island.
classics.mit.edu...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Neither Spain or the Americas is Atlantis.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join