It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Norwegian Politician Compares Islam to Nazism and Call for It's Ban

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   

from Souljah
Yeah, the US of A are trying REALLY HARD not to Sell Small Arms to the People of this World, who really need other Commodities, like Food, Water, Medicine. BUT NO - Mister Bolton sure proved his Point, that USA do not want Anything to do with the Control, Reduction and Destruction of Small Arms Trade - even if Every Minute Somebody is Killed by a GUN!

It is not the business of the US to tell the "People of this World, who really need other Commodities, like Food, Water, Medicine" how to spend their money. That's more in line with the thinking of someone who is Communist - let the gov't make all decisions for the common man.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by Muaddib
Check how many coalition forces your buddies the insurgents have killed, and then check how many Iraqis your buddies the insurgents have killed. Try to see who have your insurgents friends killed the most, you keep saying your buddies the insurgents care for the Iraqi people don't you? Why have they killed more Iraqis than coalition forces?...and why is it that Iraqi citizens have attacked killed and captured/given information about some of your insurgent friends?.....

I think I already told you, that the Insurgents are not my Buddies and Friends, or whatever you would LIKE them to be. You just have a Problem with my Opinion, which is completly Opposite from Yours, and you like to use every change you get, to use that Pharse. Why is that? Is that some form of undercover Insult? Anyway, I think you have just Adopted the Bush Doctrine, saying that, he who is not with us, is with the Terrorists. And I must say, that I am NOT with the Bushies nor do I respect and belive in ANYTHING they say and do. And that's your Problem - MY Opinion.

And the Statistics speak against you - Coalition Troops have Killed MORE Iraqi Civilians then the Iraqi Insurgents.

You are really something else Souljah, I knew you would try to find a way to blame the U.S. for what Radical Islamists have been doing....

Did you even know About Radical Islamists Before 9-11? Or is it just the Fashinalbe Pharse, that an averege Democratic Freedom Lover just has to use two times a Day in order to meet his daily War on Terror plans?

Yes souljah, take a look at all the government, of many different countries, as well as people who have no link to governments that sell weapons to Africa and other places and you will see that the U.S. is not the only one, nor is it the biggest seller of weapons to countries such as Africa....

I think you might find the Following VERY Interesting:

A Ban on Private Ownership of Military Weapons Including Assault Rifles and Grenade Launchers? Bush Administration Just Says NO!

John Bolton, the U.S. undersecretary of state for arms control, bluntly told the delegates that “The United States will not join consensus on a final document that contains measures contrary to our constitutional right to keep and bear arms.” He also said the United States, the largest supplier of arms worldwide, would not support moves to outlaw any arming of rebel groups, nor would it help fund a campaign by human rights groups to raise awareness of the trade. He also said the U.S. would not support a ban on private ownership of military weapons, including assault rifles and grenade launchers.

UN Conference on Small Arms

The Conference, held July 9-20, 2001, began on a rather sour tone with the statement of U.S. Under Secretary of State John Bolton, who expressed the U.S. position on the issue of small arms and the Conference in no uncertain terms. Bolton stressed that the Conference should address only the illicit transfer of military style weapons, excluding firearms and non-military rifles (the weapons responsible for terrible carnage and destruction around the world every year).

Bolton bluntly stated the position of the United States in front of the ministerial-level portion of the meeting, describing the U.S. “redlines,” items unacceptable for inclusion in the Conference plan. Bolton stated that the United States could not support a final Conference document that included:
  • restrictions on the legal trade and manufacture of small arms and light weapons;
  • promotion of international advocacy by NGOs and international organizations;
  • restrictions on the sale of small arms and light weapons to entities other than governments;
  • a mandatory review conference; and
  • a commitment to begin discussions on legally binding agreements.

Yeah, the US of A are trying REALLY HARD not to Sell Small Arms to the People of this World, who really need other Commodities, like Food, Water, Medicine. BUT NO - Mister Bolton sure proved his Point, that USA do not want Anything to do with the Control, Reduction and Destruction of Small Arms Trade - even if Every Minute Somebody is Killed by a GUN!

I guess that does not Really Matter, for the Business is Great - Estimates of the black market trade in small arms range from US$2-10 billion a year!

Yes, such a Great Goverment represents the People of the United States...

*chuckles* why you on the gun kick now souljah? just get done watcing lord of war? *chuckles*

your blaming the tool and not the intelligence behind it for the killings. I would like to quote something from the history channel's tales of the gun:

"The gun has been used throughout history by VILLIAN and HERO alike. to understand the firearm is to better understand history"

That is the age old question.....what came first? the violent impulse? or the tool that answers the impulse? Who is to blame? the man? who is INTELLIGENT who can think rationally if he wills it to be so....or the gun? which is a tool, an innanimate object that only does the one function it was designed to do....whether it fires it's bullet at a burglar, a murderer, or an innocent man, woman, or child.....the gun is evil? or is it the man?

Think of it this way...if you banned guns what would you do next? ban swords, knives, bats, chains whatever? ANYTHING could be used as a weapon, does that therefore make the object evil? Wherever there is a desire to kill, there will be a way to feed this desire.

As for the topic at hand....It is my belief there is very little difference between islam and nazism they have one main goal in common....to subjugate the world to their point of view, which therefore makes them both fascists.....believe what you want....but when your religous beliefs
interfere's with someone else's life especially if it involves taking that life.........it has gone too far.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
It is not the business of the US to tell the "People of this World, who really need other Commodities, like Food, Water, Medicine" how to spend their money. That's more in line with the thinking of someone who is Communist - let the gov't make all decisions for the common man.

But it is the Business of the US to Tell the People of Iraq that they NEED Democracy and Free Trade for their Oil, right? It is the Business of the US to keep selling Arms to everybody who wants it, even if they are Opressive Dictatorship Regimes in Africa, which would need REMOVAL instead of Small Arms. How come that the Former Iraqi Goverment did not make Good Enough Decisions for the Common Man, so that it had to be Removed?

See, USA is a Corporate State - meaning that EVERYTHING in it is for Sale.

Democracy.

Liberty.

Freedom.

Peace.

War.

Love.

Hate.

Guns.

Food.

Everything.

So, basicly US Goverment Exported their Commodites - Democracy, Liberty, Freedom - to Iraq; in Exchange for their Natural Reserves. In the Free Market World, you can Buy ANYTHING - including Countries, Leaders, Elections, Presidents, Goverments and Generals.

But if you live in some God Forsaken Desert Land called Liberia, you will not be Blessed with US Commodites such as Freedom and Democracy - but will instead just get Guns and Ammo to keep killing each other.

Tell me, how many MORE Africans have to Die in their Endless Civil Wars, before the so-called Civilized West with US in charge, does something, instead of selling them Gunz?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
i think that is why christianity is being being to rapidly abandoned.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   

from Souljah
Tell me, how many MORE Africans have to Die in their Endless Civil Wars, before the so-called Civilized West with US in charge, does something, instead of selling them Gunz?

Figure it out for yourself, because if the US happened to do something, you would be the first to condemn their imperialism.

Your time would be better spent figuring out why young Slovenian cat-killers graduate to be traffickers in human flesh, instead of worrying so much about the USA.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Figure it out for yourself, because if the US happened to do something, you would be the first to condemn their imperialism.

There are People who Actually NEED help down there, and for a Change the Allmighty US of A could actually provide Help to the people in Need. By doing that, US would also proove, that their Foreign Policy does not go hand with hand with Corporate Policies, and that that You truly are spreading Freedom, Liberty and Democracy as your President Claims. With such Actions you would Proove, that USA is not all About Profit, Control of Natural Resources and Military Warprofiting.

But I Guess you do not want to PROOVE to the World all of that.

Just Remian an EMPIRE in the Eyes of Billions of People around the Globe, keep closing your eyes and wait for the Newtons Law of Physics to become Reality.

Your time would be better spent figuring out why young Slovenian cat-killers graduate to be traffickers in human flesh, instead of worrying so much about the USA.

Insults?

That's your BEST Argument?

Oh, and I belive that you are Violating the Rules of this Board.

And For YOUR Information, our President is actually DOING Something to Help the African People - the People who NEED somebody to Help them.

And Remember, it is NOT help if you keep asing for IT!

Slovenian President Promotes Sudan Peace

Slovenia's president carried a peace initiative for Sudan's troubled Darfur region to the U.N. Wednesday, calling for an international peace conference and urging individual citizens to pressure their governments to take action.

President Janez Drnovsek called on the U.N. Security Council to step up its involvement in the region, where an estimated 180,000 people have died and about 2 million have been displaced since conflict erupted between ethnic African tribes and government-supported Arab militias in 2003.

While acknowledging his Balkan nation has no special interest in Sudan, Drnovsek said he felt compelled to address the humanitarian crisis because of "the power of connections between all people."

And what does YOUR President call for in UN Security Council?

Iran.

Why?

Because of PetroDollar Warfare!

Business as USUAL!

[edit on 31/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I think I already told you, that the Insurgents are not my Buddies and Friends, or whatever you would LIKE them to be.

Don't you do the same thing to me and others who think differently from you?...

Don't take me wrong, you are not the only one who does this, and to those people who do this, just to teach them a lesson which normally they don't, I label them as the oposite extreme, just like they label me. Stop labeling me and I'll stop labeling you.

And the Statistics speak against you - Coalition Troops have Killed MORE Iraqi Civilians then the Iraqi Insurgents.

*Sigh*..... Souljah....Iraqi civilians have taken arms against insurgents, but I guess that to you is alright, maybe you would like to proclaim that "the U.S. made those Iraqi civilians attack insurgents, etc, etc" but the facts are that Iraqi civilians have died trying to escape when word of an insurgent who was strapped with a bomb was among them, How many Iraqis died that day? almost a thousand, as they were trying to desperately escape from who you say are "the freedom fighters of the Iraqi people"?.....

1,000 Iraqis Die in Stampede Over Rumors of Suicide Bomb
By Robert F. Worth
THE NEW YORK TIMES

BAGHDAD, IRAQ

More than 950 people were killed and hundreds injured Wednesday morning when rumors of a suicide bomber provoked a frenzied stampede in a procession of Shiite pilgrims as they crossed a bridge in northern Baghdad, government and hospital officials said.

Most of the dead were crushed or suffocated, witnesses said, but many also drowned after falling or jumping into the Tigris River after the panicking crowd broke through the bridge’s railings. The disaster was by far the greatest one-day loss of life since the U.S.-led invasion in March 2003.

Excerpted from.
www-tech.mit.edu...

You have claimed that terrorists, or who you call "freedom fighters" are fighting for the Iraqi people. Yet even by a rumor of "a freedom fighter being among them" iraqis die trying to get away from such maniacs....

Iraqi civilians fight back, kill 3 attackers

Gun battle shows private citizens are getting fed up

By Robert F. Worth
New York Times News Service
BAGHDAD, Iraq — Ordinary Iraqis rarely strike back at the insurgents who terrorize their country. But just before noon on Tuesday a carpenter named Dhia saw a troop of masked gunmen with grenades coming toward his shop here and decided he had had enough.
As the gunmen emerged from their cars, Dhia and his young relatives shouldered their Kalashnikov rifles and opened fire, police and witnesses said. In the fierce gun battle that followed, three of the insurgents were killed, and the rest fled just after the police arrived. Two of Dhia's nephews and a bystander were wounded, the police said.

Excerpted from.
deseretnews.com...

Did you even know About Radical Islamists Before 9-11? Or is it just the Fashinalbe Pharse, that an averege Democratic Freedom Lover just has to use two times a Day in order to meet his daily War on Terror plans?

Yes, I learned about them while I was going to school in Spain and learned the history of Europe and the invasions from the Muslims.

also, even though the media in the whole world seems to want to try to hide away the killings of millions of Christians in Africa by radical Islamists, i found it in my research. Then those radical Islamists decided to fight the new jihad which started in south Africa in 2003, this time against black non-Muslims. So, to anwser your question, yes I have known about radical Islamists for a long while now.

Yes souljah, take a look at all the government, of many different countries, as well as people who have no link to governments that sell weapons to Africa and other places and you will see that the U.S. is not the only one, nor is it the biggest seller of weapons to countries such as Africa....

I think you might find the Following VERY Interesting:

A Ban on Private Ownership of Military Weapons Including Assault Rifles and Grenade Launchers? Bush Administration Just Says NO!

Do you really know what's interesting? Every weapon that the U.S. sells seems always to be accounted for and appears on the news, yet when nations like Russia, China and some others sell their weapons we find that their statements on the quantity of weapons sold is but a very small amount. BTW what sort of weapons do you find in underdeveloped #ries?.... Do you mostly find U.S made weapons in most countries in the world?...

Semiautomatic Assault Weapons—What Are They? What's So Bad About Them?
Modern Descendants of the STG-44 on America's Streets
Most of the assault weapons sold on America's civilian market are semiautomatic descendants of the STG-44. Here are a few of the more popular and notorious.

Kalashnikov AK-47 and its variants. The Soviet Army's AK-47 was derived from the STG-44 shortly after the Second World War, boosted by material and personnel that fell into Soviet hands when the Red Army overran German research and engineering facilities.12 The AK-47 (in many variants, like the AKM) has become, since the 1940s, the most widely-distributed rifle in the world.13 According to The Gun Digest Book of Assault Weapons:

"The AKM was the revolutionary weapon of the 1960s and ‘70s, used by everyone from the Viet Cong to the Palestine Liberation fighters. Its comparatively short length and light weight made war more available to Third World women and children, probably not an advance for civilization."14
China exported few guns to the United States before the 1980s. But, beginning in 1987, Chinese rifle imports—mostly semi-automatic versions of the AK-47—surged. The flood of Chinese rifles reached 64 percent of all rifles imported into the United States in 1993 and was only cut off by the administration of former President Bill Clinton. (See table below.)15

Excerpted from.
www.vpc.org...

so please...don't try to sell us any "political motivated propaganda" that you might have in mind in your daily quest to diss and bash the U.S.

Anyways...we are getting off topic...this is about some Norwegian politician trying to ban Islam from his country...this is not a new "Let's bash the U.S. again thread"....

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

There are People who Actually NEED help down there, and for a Change the Allmighty US of A could actually provide Help to the people in Need. By doing that, US would also proove, that their Foreign Policy does not go hand with hand with Corporate Policies, and that that You truly are spreading Freedom, Liberty and Democracy as your President Claims. With such Actions you would Proove, that USA is not all About Profit, Control of Natural Resources and Military Warprofiting.

But I Guess you do not want to PROOVE to the World all of that.

You would be the last person on earth qualified to judge the US because of your deep-seated envy and jealousy of US. Nothing needs to be proven to you. The US in it's short history has done more to assist the needy of the world than anyone else, and we certainly don't need to justify our actions to you.

Insults?

That's your BEST Argument?

Oh, and I belive that you are Violating the Rules of this Board.

Not insults, just a deep-seated disgust from hearing your mono-syllabic song of hatred for the US. The only time your tone changes is when you sing praise for terrorists. You have claimed to be the enemy of the US in one exchange. So my opinion of you reflects that.

Iran.

Why?

See above.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

And For YOUR Information, our President is actually DOING Something to Help the African People - the People who NEED somebody to Help them.

Iran.

Why?

Business as USUAL!

Oh boy....Souljah, you are a lost case, you really are.... You think your president is doing a lot by calling to the world to do something instead of doing something himself?....

Let's see some facts shall we Souljah?...

One of the major bodies providing aid in Dafur is the InterAction Group, the American Coucil for Voluntary International Action.

The InterAction members listed here are accepting contributions for assistance they or their affiliates are providing to those affected by the crisis in Chad and Western Sudan.

InterAction has also developed guidelines on the most appropriate ways to help those affected by overseas disasters.

InterAction is a coalition of more than 160 US-based private relief, international development and refugee assistance organizations. InterAction members have agreed to abide by a set of standards to ensure accountability to donors, professional competence and quality of service.

Action Against Hunger
ADRA International
Africare
AirServ
American Friends Service Committee
American Jewish World Service
American Red Cross
American Refugee Committee
AmeriCares
CARE
Catholic Relief Services
Christian Children's Fund
Church World Service
Concern Worldwide US
Direct Relief International
Episcopal Relief and Development
Food for the Hungry
GOAL

International Medical Corps
International Orthodox Christian Charities
International Rescue Committee
Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
Lutheran World Relief
MAP International
Mercy Corps
Operation USA
Oxfam America
Relief International
Save the Children
USA for UNHCR
US Fund for UNICEF
World Concern
World Emergency Relief
World Relief
World Vision

Doctors Without Borders (Medecins Sans Frontieres)
www.msf.org...
MSF is an independent humanitarian medical aid organization committed to providing medical aid wherever it is needed and raising awareness of the plight of the people they help.

The International Rescue Committee
www.theirc.org...
The International Rescue Committee works to provide relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. Their page on Darfur (www.theirc.org...) contains links to interesting firsthand accounts of Darfur by IRC aid workers.

Oxfam International
www.oxfam.com...
Oxfam International is a confederation of 12 organizations working together with over 3000 partners in more than 100 countries to find lasting solutions to poverty, suffering and injustice. Their page on Sudan (oxfam.org...) contains frequent reports on the crisis there.

Excerpted from.
hcs.harvard.edu...

BTW does anyone see any Islamic group in the list that can be found above? i could be wrong but all the religious groups I see who are sending aid to Dafur are, in no particular order, Jewish, Catholic, Christian, Episcopal, Jesuit, Lutheran as well as other groups who are not religious but no group that represents Islam. I would think that at least one Islamic group based in the U.S. would provide aid to the refugees in the Dafur region if to only prove that they do not agree with what is happening there and are trying to help those non-Muslim people who are being exterminated by the janjaweed Arab militias.

Shall we also see some of the things the U.S. government has done about Dafur?....

For two years the Bush administration has made commendable efforts to improve the lives of people in Darfur. Deputy Secretary of State Robert Zoellick has become personally invested in the crisis, recently completing his fourth trip to the region in the past seven months. The United States has spent almost $1 billion aiding refugees and displaced persons who might otherwise have died of disease or starvation. And the U.S. military has helped airlift and fund African Union troops stationed in the Darfur region of Sudan.

Souljah, you are obviously oblivious as to what is happening in Dafur. Shall we see who is to blame for this?....

In addition, several million civilians are trapped in camps that are becoming more, not less, vulnerable. Women living in camps for internally displaced persons have to walk ever farther to obtain the firewood they need to cook the food donated by the United States. This has increased the incidence of rape, a tool in the onslaught of the militias known as the janjaweed. Mounting banditry has caused the closure of vital road corridors and the evacuation of some international aid workers. As a result, humanitarian access is more limited than it has been at any point since April 2004, causing a spike in the number of Darfurians who are not receiving lifesaving aid.

Both excerpted from.
www.washingtonpost.com...

The article continues stating other ways the authors Barack Obama and Sam Brownback think the U.S. could help. I also think that the last part of that article is interesting to say the least, and which is contrary to what you have claimed Souljah.

The Bush administration has helped reduce suffering in Darfur, but the situation is dangerously adrift. And when the history of this tragedy is written, nobody will remember how many times officials visited the region or how much humanitarian aid was delivered. They will only remember the death toll.

Excerpted from above link.

Let's see some other things the U.S. has done in regards to Sudan and the crisis in Dafur.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell said Thursday that "genocide has been committed" in the Sudanese region of Darfur.

Powell cited a "consistent and widespread" pattern of atrocities -- including killings, rapes and burning of villages.

"This was a coordinated effort, not just random violence," he said.

Powell, who recently visited Sudan, was speaking to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Excerpted from.
www.cnn.com...

KHARTOUM, Sudan Apr 14, 2005 — The No. 2 State Department official expressed optimism Thursday that Sudan's leaders will try ending the ethnic violence in the country's Darfur region but said the United States wants more than promises.

Deputy Secretary of State Robert Zoellick spoke after meeting at the presidential palace with Sudan's first vice president. He cited movement on the creation of a new unified government, reported efforts by African Union peacekeepers to lessen violence, and this year's peace accord ending the country's two-decade civil war.

Excerpted from.
abcnews.go.com...

www.state.gov...

I don't want this to get off topic again Souljah, my intention was to show that you are wrong and that the U.S. has done things for the people of Dafur, even if this should not be part of this discussion because this thread is not about you trying to bash and diss the U.S. again Souljah.......

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
well both share the same anti-zionism beliefs and demonise jews in the same way....

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Oh btw, I almost forgot. Shall we see who has vetoed sanctions which the US has called for against Sudan for what is happening in the Dafur region?

The UN secretary-general has urged Security Council members to take immediate action over a US draft resolution on Sudan's Darfur region.

Kofi Annan said civilians were being attacked "even as we speak" despite Khartoum's pledge to stop the violence.

He was speaking as council members debated a new draft of the resolution.

The US says it would like a vote to be taken by Saturday, but some members, including China which has a veto, have opposed the threat of sanctions.

Excerpted from.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Anyways...back to the topic. I think that if Islamic clerics do not get together and get their act together as a majority trying to change the old ways of Islam, there will be more calls like this one being made in several countries to ban Islam from said countries.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You know what Muad'dib? You're Completly right - this Thread is not about Africa, so I replayed to your Posts here:

Africa: the Prison Continent

Feel free to Join me in a Debate about that Topic there!

Cheers!

[edit on 1/2/06 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Islam to me is more like Communism. It only finds strength when they are in conflict.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This thread is about the possible banning of islam in norway, not america, not africa, not republicans, and not catholicism. Islam, norway, banning.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
OK. I believe that if it can be done within current or future laws, Norway and any other country has the right to ban islam or any other destructive group as they see fit.

Those that have done the same to Christians and Jews in their home countries have no moral right to protest. Doing so simply equates to hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Those that have done the same to Christians and Jews in their home countries have no moral right to protest. Doing so simply equates to hypocrisy.

Agreed. But, wouldn't that be ironic if it happened in the US, seeing as the US was founded on religious freedom? I was just thinking about that scenario.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Agreed. But, wouldn't that be ironic if it happened in the US, seeing as the US was founded on religious freedom? I was just thinking about that scenario.

But do you think it is alright for certain beliefs to be accepted, when these beliefs are calling for the spreading of Islam by any way, and to incite violence to make this possible? I think not, IMO that's where freedom of speech should not be used as an excuse for violence, or as a way to destroy those very freedoms that we are still enjoying.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
But do you think it is alright for certain beliefs to be accepted, when these beliefs are calling for the spreading of Islam by any way, and to incite violence to make this possible?

I know plenty of Muslims in the US who do incite hatred or violence, and I think it would be ridiculous to outlaw this religion in the US. But, there are plenty of cases where the US has outlawed certain parts of people's religion, i.e. voodoo. That's not the context that my comment was made in. It was made in reference to calls by this politician for:

It is about high time Norway and Europe make the ideology Islam and the practice of this, illegal and punishable in the same way as Nazism,

This is absolutely ridiculous. This ban isn't calling to make murder illegal for Muslims, it's calling to ban the entire religion. I can understand the fundamentalist aspect, but even that should be already considered illegal, i.e. terrorism. To reiterate, most Muslims, at least in the US, do not incite hatred or violence. Maybe what Norway needs is an adequate police force.

[edit on 2-2-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

I know plenty of Muslims in the US who do incite hatred or violence, and I think it would be ridiculous to outlaw this religion in the US.

You mean like these people?

Anti-UAC Protesters at Ground Zero protesting the UAC's Rally Against Islamofascism
Feb 1st 2006 Rally Against Islamofascism Day - New York

I wonder why this hasn't made it to the news, not even on ATSNN.

BTW the above picture was taken when groups of people were demonstrating against Islamic fascism in New York yesterday.

I like this picture, it says it all.

More pictures can be found in the following link.

www.unitedamericancommittee.org...

[edit on 3-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
So you believe that the US should ban Islam, Muadibb? Because of the actions of a few?

Pat Robertson suggested that the State Department should be nuked. Should the US or any other country ban Christianity too, because of a few fanatical Christians?

Sorry, this isn't Cuba amigo, we're not banning any religions here.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by Jamuhn]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join