It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan event a smokescreen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
first of all, condolences to victims and to their families and friends of this horrific and sad event.
methinks vigilance is required to post as many unsettling events happening in the world here on ats. lack of news agencies' resources to spend time and money on other important world events due to the events in japan, there will be many incidents in the middle east that won't be given proper attention and media coverage. most media coverage will try to latch onto related events (other seismic events and tsunami related incidents and family/friends discussing japan event). countries who would normally be wary of making violent or even terrorist-like actions against neighboring countries or even their own people, will use the japan event to as cover. when everyone is looking at the right hand, the left hand is somewhat free to do without scrutiny. no doubt all ats knows this. just hope you will all continue to post lesser reported incidents around the world which may not get the publicity it deserves. in times like this, media greatly shapes the focus of attention as well as our emotions.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I agree.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

Agreed. And then when the left hand is doing something that gets attentions (terrorist attacks, war, etc.) the right hand will be working behind the scenes.

As long as our attention is being split, both hands will have the Freedom to do what they want to/need to do.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I strongly believe tahat the Japan earthquake was natural,however we seem to ignore the other news indeed. Yesterday I posted a thread in regards to the largest ever recorded US budget deficit for one month, this deficit exceeding all the 2007 deficit for one entire year. The thread went unoticed,yet is so important..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The US is sending 8 WAR SHIPS to Japan to assist them.. With war ships??? I read some where else that Putin was using his "tesla weapons" on Japan and caused this Quake. Maybe the war ships are there to assist with something else.....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I hate how MSM will just focus on one topic. CNN is the worst for that. regardless, I think this will be a very ugly year as far as disasters go. Just a felling I've got.

S&F

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
oh cnn? what a joke.

Japan had the worst earthquake ever then you see crap like this "Mel Gibson charged with battery"

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone remembers, but while the world spent 4 days watching the September 11th events and aftermath in 2001, the State of Israel went into the "camps" with tanks and bulldozers, effectively wiping out large areas and one would gather occupants.

Makes me wonder what they may be up to now with the world focused firstly on Christchurch and now Japan.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
The US is sending 8 WAR SHIPS to Japan to assist them.. With war ships??? I read some where else that Putin was using his "tesla weapons" on Japan and caused this Quake. Maybe the war ships are there to assist with something else.....

All US Navy ships are considered War Ships by the MSM.
Nothing to exciting there, yet.
What are the names of the ships?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Mel Gibson charged with battery?! Just kidding. I was thinking the same exact thing OP. Good call. Kudos for beating me to it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

As they say, one should never let a good disaster go to waste.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
In no way has evidence been shown for me to consider the Japan event a man-made event, however, it seems that Government officials wait for disasters to release certain information to the press so they get downplayed.

The last one I remember I think was the financial reform bill that got passed and press released during Haiti or some other all consuming event. I remember the bill got five minutes coverage, if that.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
In no way has evidence been shown for me to consider the Japan event a man-made event, however, it seems that Government officials wait for disasters to release certain information to the press so they get downplayed.

The last one I remember I think was the financial reform bill that got passed and press released during Haiti or some other all consuming event. I remember the bill got five minutes coverage, if that.

Proving this was not an "attack" guided directly is why this particular time frame was chosen by TPTB. We have several natural "alibi's" in play here.

Follow www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted this thread earlier aiming to get a conversation going....check it out...lets see what you think.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Yes, usually a good chance for our corrupt Governments to pass new laws..
Look out for that...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I respect your imagination, and it would be ignorant to not take into consideration that there are those
who will try to profit from this tragedy. I would put at the top of this hidden list, The media and the Charitable
Organizations that will bloom overnight.Many will take the money,and give you a tax deduction. Then measures will be made to appropriate the funds to the" Recipients" at a later date as they see fit. This includes The Red Cross.
Case Example :Haite. Need I enter into argument?

Just so you know.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

countries who would normally be wary of making violent or even terrorist-like actions against neighboring countries or even their own people, will use the japan event to as cover. when everyone is looking at the right hand, the left hand is somewhat free to do without scrutiny. no doubt all ats knows this.

And how do you "know" this?. Gut feeling? personal opinion?. How about some real, concrete proof from a credible an unbiased source? lets see it!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Considering there are about a dozen US Navy ships (including carrier George Washington) homeported in Yokosuka and Sasebo Japan, it makes sense to use those assets for initial assistance. Along with Yokota, Misawa and Kadena Air Force bases there as well.
edit on 13-3-2011 by bg_socalif because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Sorry but I disagree. If you think the western media had anything to do with the african and middle east riots/revolutions I believe you to be mistaken.

These people do not need, require and mostly do not watch western main stream media.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What a perfect time for TPTB to being conducting questionable moves while the rest of the world is focused on Japan. What is going on with Libya , and now Bahrain ? While watching MSM 90% is the 4 fold Japan disaster, while just tidbits of news out of Libya and whatnot.

top topics

join