It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Saturday, where do I buy Iodine pills?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well lets hope it doesn't blow up. I'm sure things will be fine but, I don't take chances when it comes to my kid's. Having the protection on hand costs little monetarily and putting it away as a precaution does not hurt anyone. You can believe whatever you want to believe, but, to say it couldn't happen is foolish.

As an aside, one of the talking heads today said that these old reactors actually store all their old spent fuel rods on top of the reactor. Can you imagine that? It appears they are 40 years old, no doubt there are a few old rods to be stored.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
anybody know if us folks from australia should invest in these rad-away pills?? will we get affected by this? thanks in advanced, your friends from OZ

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
To the OP request, Morton salt has Iodine in it, heavily salt your food for a while if you are really ascared of this fictitious nuclear fallout threat. You will then die of hardened arteries long before a nuclear tumor.

Dilemma solved!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

More nonsense. The disinformation is running amuck.

Research the dosage requirements (or just read the Potassium Iodide FAQ sheet, at least)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
To the OP request, Morton salt has Iodine in it, heavily salt your food for a while if you are really ascared of this fictitious nuclear fallout threat. You will then die of hardened arteries long before a nuclear tumor.

Dilemma solved!

It isn't Iodine. It is iodide.
Sometimes one letter makes all the difference.
I'd give up my medical practice and go straight to golfing if I were you!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Our microwaves have a higher chance of doing damage than the fallout from Japan.

I'm not really worried.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What is the difference between Potassium Iodine and Potassium plus Iodide. Does either matter? Would it be acceptable is take kelp for a few days and then Potassium plus Iodine? For example, If I purchase kelp now and take some and wait a few days for my order to arrive and start taking those, is it going to make a difference? Also, what bottled water do you reccomened to use that isn't flourated?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I honestly think that if your're this paranoid, you may need a diffrent kind of pill with all do respect. Maybe its just a thread to butter up on here, and not meant to be taken seriously. I am really hoping the ladder part of my thought is correct.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There have been well over a thousand nuclear tests in the states - so I don't feel the radiation from Japan is going to amount to much - my unprofessional opinion.

Whoever made that hoax chart needs to be put under arrest for stirring up the public like this.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

You know what's funny, i was thinking the same thing about the Japanese keeping things notoriously "low key" what's with that? I get that same feeling about them. Remember the Toyota debacle...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You can buy potassium iodide pills from
www.quakekare.com
it is red cross recommended

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

edit on 13-3-2011 by Shaved Yeti because: I'm an idiot

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Refresher:

Potassium Iodide: the anti-radiation pill = Plan A.
Like this - Iosat

or like this: thyro-safe

Potassium Iodine: the topical ointment = Plan B.
Do NOT drink this! it's an 8ml swab on the wrist or abdomen (I think, but read the links below to be sure)
Like this

*Read the links below for dosages they are NOT comparable to each other.

Potassium Iodide - FAQ

Potassium Iodide - part 2

edit on 13-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Just FYI : All Western States should be getting the Gulf Stream from Japan with the Radiation within 3-5 Days, not 10. You are not going to be told about any of this! You need to get Potassium Iodide to protect your thyroid from the fallout of radiation! Here's the link on Amazon: Potassium Iodide

My friend owns a health food store and suggests/recommends that Adults take 130mg Per Day and Children take Half (65mg) Per Day.

I wouldn't think that anyone in North Carolina would have to be alarmed at the moment, due to the Jet Stream that comes from Japan will hit the West Coast before any where else in the US. So states like, (Vancouver, BC), Washington, Oregon, California, Wyoming, Nevada, Arizona, maybe Colorado) then dissipating by the time it would hit the Eastern States.

reply to post by Variable

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been suggested yet as I do no have time to read all posts BUT Kelp yes seaweed is also reccomended it can be bought in pill form from Heath Food Stores or Pharmacy - It is high in natural Iodine - as well as pill form you can buy it in dry form as a food source - It protects the Tyroid - Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
what you want is sodium iodide. or sea salt or iodized salt. i have a prescription for levothyroxin which is pretty much the same thing. sodium iodide is used by the thyroid to run properly. sodium iodide is a thyroid hormone naturally made by the body. the pills actually taste sweet and not salty if any one is wondering. but for 3 months worth of levothyroxin it costs me around $30. and i have plenty of it in case shtf.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

reply to post by fallow the light

Sea Salt and Kelp are good for the diet - for radiation blocking? Good luck with that:
Lucky for all of us, the chances of radiation endangering the US is slim.

From the Salt Institue:

"U.S. salt producers use potassium iodide at a level of 0.006% to 0.01% KI."

According to Morton® Salt:

"Each 1/4 teaspoon serving of Morton® Iodized Salt (1.5 gram weight) contains 130 MICROGRAMS of Potassium Iodide."

Thus, to achieve an intake of 130 MILLIGRAMS of Potassium Iodide (what one KI adult dose tablet contains) would require ingesting 250 teaspoons or over 5 cups of iodized salt per day! Don't even think about it! (Morton Lite Salt® Mixture comes in lower yet, at only 90 MICROGRAMS of Potassium Iodide per 1/4 teaspoon!)

Sea Salt is an even worse 'option'. Iodine per Kilogram of sea salt is about 3 mg. You'd be looking at over 33 kilograms of Sea Salt a day! Hardly an option!

A 6-ounce portion of ocean fish only contains about 500 MICROGRAMS of iodine. Some specific seafoods, portion size and their iodine content in MICROGRAMS: Mackerel 150g 255 mcg, Mussels 150g 180 mcg, Cod 150g 165 mcg, Kipper 150g 107 mcg, Whiting 150g 100 mcg, Fish fingers 75g 75 mcg, Scampi 150g 62 mcg, Herring 150g 48 mcg, Prawns 150g 42 mcg, Sardines, canned in oil 150g 35 mcg, Trout 150g 24 mcg, Tuna 150g 21 mcg.
Well, you can do the math here! More fish per day than most eat in a year!

Kelp Tablets...hardly. Solgar® Kelp Tablets, for example, contain only 225 MICROGRAMS of iodine! (Fortunately, it is also available in a 1000 tablet bottle, unfortunately though, you'd need to be swallowing 442 of them per day and not wander too far from a bathroom!)

edit on 13-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by illusionofpower

whre are you getting this information about being here in 3 days?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by condition9

Dont listen to these conspiracy nuts, they believe every stupid hoax they read/see and thrive on fear. Experts say it is impossible for dangerous radiation to reach 5000+ miles away to the us even if there was a meltdown. This whole discussion only started cause of a stupid 4chan hoax map, shows how easy folks are fooled.
edit on 14-3-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

I hear ya, there is so many stories jumping around on here regarding recent events" plus the stuff that is being reported on other sites; they are saying,- it is much worse than being reported by japan or msm,"what to believe?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join