It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Saturday, where do I buy Iodine pills?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by canofnothing

It's a thyroid blocker so you're thyroid won't intake as much Iodine 131 during nuclear fallout.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jaguardmt

Because, I live in a bubble of naivety and I'd like to keep it that way!

I'm with you though, you can't rely on MSM for anything anymore. Only thing you can rely on them to tell you is that Lindsey Lohan is back in jail and what the celebrities are doing.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tinkytink1207

I have the same problem. I prepared a go bag and told my family about it and they looked at me funny. Oh well it makes me feel better to have at least that.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Variable

Sure you've heard by now you can get them at any health food store. They should only be taken for short durations. I have some here I used to cure this mystery hand rot I had going on. It was rosebud infection or something from handling mulch that was just getting worse instead of better day after day. Potassium Iodide cured it. I didn't know it protects you from absorbing radiation until later on.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Found tablets here:
iOSAT
Hope this helps anyone looking to order

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Dude relax, you wont need them pills lol, you're stressing far to much, this site sometimes seem to cause more harm than good from what i read, people freak out far to easly.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Alkimyst

I agree, chill out and take your family for a big all you can eat seafood buffet. Plenty of iodine in there.

Also you will 100% be able to buy Kelp Iodine supplements from any health store worth its salt.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If you live somewhere near a nuclear power plant, pharmacies will generally be obligated to give you iodine tablets for free. Got mine a few months ago.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Couple of points to remember about using Potassium Iodide as a Thyroid blocking defence (to block radioactive Iodine uptake by the Thyroid gland).

Fluoride (in drinking water/toothpaste etc) will *neutralise* the Iodide / Iodine in your body - fast!

So too will Chloride AKA Common table salt.

After the next week or so, when you start taking your Thyroid blocking Iodide/Iodine doses, remember to stay away from sources of these chemicals, or you're pretty much going to greatly reduce your protection, because as the Iodide/Iodine gets neutralised, the Thyroid will again be free to absorb the radioactive iodide from the fallout.

The idea is to keep the thyroid gland *saturated* with the 'good' iodide you take, and keep the bad radioactive stuff out...if the thyroid gland is stuffed full of the good stuff, there's no room for the bad.

There's not a lot of point taking supplemental Iodide/Iodine and then losing it all by eating table salt (chloride) and drinking Aluminium processing waste (Fluoride), as you'll be back to square one again.

Another thing to think about with this fallout scare, is that Thyroid irradiation (leading to cancers) is *not* your only consideration.

If you breath a radioactive particle (dust etc) into your lungs, no amount of Iodide/Iodine will help prevent a cancer forming, where the particle embeds itself into the lining of the lung and it's membranes.

*Ironically* SMOKERS are at LESS risk of radioactive particles embedding into the walls of the lung structures, due to heavy mucus levels covering the lung linings and walls...this prevents the particle from easily embedding, and often will be removed from the lungs together with the mucus when expelled through the action of coughing.

Fallout will 'fall out' of the sky and land over all surfaces, contaminating the land.
Kicking up contaminated dust or dirt will cause the radioactive particulates to again rise on the air and be breathed in/cover your clothes/body.

Food prices are set to rocket.

Crops may be affected to the degree that they are unsafe for consumption. This is a wait and see how much the radiation falls off before it hits mainland US/Canada/S.America, it may be safe(er) by the time it reaches these areas.

Japan (best wishes to all Japanese members) has (obviously) suffered catastrophic damage to infrastructure and so on, but perhaps more importantly, has lost pretty much most of it's crops, including it's staple of rice.

Rice is going to double - quadruple in price, maybe go even higher than that.

Be careful, stay safe and best wishes to everyone in the affected areas.

Water is a great radiation shield, and water a foot or so deep, will effectively block radiation.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

edit on 13-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If you can't find the pills, the best plan is to go out and buy iodine solution. Don't take it orally, swab it on your forearms and stomach and let it obsorb into your blood stream through your skin.

I have a very good document linked below with other helpful tips:

What to do if a Nuclear Disaster is Imminent

also, you may want to sign up for the Defcon alert e-mail as well, there has already been two alerts on radiation leaks in Japan.

I am all prepared, but I hope it doesn't happen!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

OMG, Correct!;
Too many are looking for the single magic pill and there is none. It takes years to understand the complexity and all those that have spent their all their time on getting high, videogames and facebook want someone to save them? Why? so yo can loot the stores of the evil preppers you kill because you didnt bother prep for yourself?
Sorry it doesnt work that way. One needs a comprehensive multidirectional comprehensive approach to reduce ones risks realistically. Essentially everyone whos wasted their time and efforts still wants to be saved for free in a minute. and that doesnt happen. Something to do with Darwin, I think.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I thought this would be pertinent to this quandary. Current Jet Stream position.

www.weatherimages.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Iodine water tablets...is it advisable to ingest them in emergency cases of radiation poisoning? I have a ton of them and I will be in Taos, New Mexcio on a ski trip when the fall out is scheduled to arrive.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

No. absolutely not.

Read the FAQ sheet, LadySkadi posted, before you poison yourself.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
There is zero chance of dangerous radiation reaching the US, zero. Its 5000 freakin miles from japan to the west coast, jet stream or w/e else doesnt matter it will disperse long before then. People are all freaked out based on a debunked hoax troll map from 4chan. Heres a nuclear emergency planner, an actual expert, saying the same thing, trust experts not conspiracy nuts on this forum www.reddit.com...

Calm down and for the love of god dont scare your families based on a stupid hoax. If you want to buy tablets or w/e thats fine, never know when they could come in handy but at least do so quietly without freaking out your loved ones with your paranoia.
edit on 13-3-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
I probably shouldn't say-- but please, please don't shop at walmart.
They are one of the reasons for local economies tanking.

are you a communist. walmart is the product of american capitalism. where else are you going to cheap chinese goods at a 300% mark up.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

My sentiments exactly. But if your gonna continue to be paranoia-stricken, the iodine tablets are next to the tinfoil section in the supermarket. Very convienent as you might as well make a tinfoil hat, see?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
chernobyl and 3 mile island disaster were much worse than the japanese incidents going on now and nothing out of the ordinary happened to people 12000 miles away from these accidents.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hahaha! No tinfoil hat for me, but precautions are always in favor.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join