Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

It's Saturday, where do I buy Iodine pills?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Hey folks I have posted twice tr-ying to get information on how fast this radiation is coming and what areas it will hit in u.s.and how soon I am in az. and just catching up to all this this evening; I would appreciate some info thanks!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by condition9

Find KELP supplements at vitamin stores or buy a Betadine Solution at walmart.

I'm going on kelp supplements tonight as a precaution. im a 180 lb man, I will dose one now, and one before I go to sleep.

That "explosion" they keep talking about where the "roof caved in" sounds like BS to me. Sounds more like "Yeah the reactor blew up and a bunch of radioactive smoke when into the air, but they way to spin it is say the roof caved in.

I haven't seen good video of the blast from start to finish. If it pasted some # high into the air like a mushroom cloud then yes it will hit the jet stream and reach us. Perhaps there will be future blasts once fuel completely melts?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ok, for those who are suggesting Kelp, Salt, etc. ask yourself just how much you think you can eat and then realize it's not enough to even consider as an alternative option. If you are worried, follow the recommendations for applying Betadine Iodine topically (if you cannot buy the Iodide pills).

Potassium Iodide Anti-Radiation Pill FAQ

According to Morton® Salt:

"Each 1/4 teaspoon serving of Morton® Iodized Salt (1.5 gram weight) contains 130 MICROGRAMS of Potassium Iodide."

Thus, to achieve an intake of 130 MILLIGRAMS of Potassium Iodide (what one KI adult dose tablet contains) would require ingesting 250 teaspoons or over 5 cups of iodized salt per day! Don't even think about it! (Morton Lite Salt® Mixture comes in lower yet, at only 90 MICROGRAMS of Potassium Iodide per 1/4 teaspoon!)

Sea Salt is an even worse 'option'. Iodine per Kilogram of sea salt is about 3 mg. You'd be looking at over 33 kilograms of Sea Salt a day! Hardly an option!

A 6-ounce portion of ocean fish only contains about 500 MICROGRAMS of iodine. Some specific seafoods, portion size and their iodine content in MICROGRAMS: Mackerel 150g 255 mcg, Mussels 150g 180 mcg, Cod 150g 165 mcg, Kipper 150g 107 mcg, Whiting 150g 100 mcg, Fish fingers 75g 75 mcg, Scampi 150g 62 mcg, Herring 150g 48 mcg, Prawns 150g 42 mcg, Sardines, canned in oil 150g 35 mcg, Trout 150g 24 mcg, Tuna 150g 21 mcg.
Well, you can do the math here! More fish per day than most eat in a year!

Kelp Tablets...hardly. Solgar® Kelp Tablets, for example, contain only 225 MICROGRAMS of iodine! (Fortunately, it is also available in a 1000 tablet bottle, unfortunately though, you'd need to be swallowing 442 of them per day and not wander too far from a bathroom!)

This page is worth reading - get the facts before presuming suggesting alternative options to others who may not check out the suggestions on their own.

Potassium Iodide Anti-Radiation Pill FAQ
edit on 12-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I found this article to be very informative. Information is key to staying safe in this situation:

Radiation Fallout info

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Possibly here:

camelotforum.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Why perpetuate a Hoax map?
edit on 12-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Was it called a hoax on here on elsewhere...?

link please?
edit on 3/12/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I read your post and also the link it cleared some info up especially it is more important to take potassium iodid tablet instead of all the other solutions beeing told,I am concerned how to get these right away as I have made acouple of calls and they are wanting drs. prescriptions and such where is fast solutions?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

Do you?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

You can get them online via the CVS drugstore. There are also a few survival sites that still have them. Most places are out of stock, so you will have to search a bit. If you can't find them and you are still worried, second option is to follow the recommendations on how to use (where and how much to apply) the topical Iodine.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
[I am pasting this information in every thread I feel it is relevant. As I am currently unable to create a thread of my own please excuse the repetition. I feel this information is possibly of great importance and so wish to promulgate it rapidly:

Q. Would ingestion of iodized, common table salt be effective in a nuclear accident if KI pills are not available?

A. The daily dose of potassium iodide (KI) for thyroid blocking is 130 mg per day for up to two weeks. This equates to 96 mg of iodine (I). Iodized salt contains about 0.085 mg of KI per gram of salt (according to the Morton Salt Company). To get the I equivalent of a 130 mg KI pill would require the ingestion of 1,529 grams of salt which would most likely be fatal. According to research by Health Physicist Ken Miller, Hershey Medical Center,

a person can get a blocking dose of iodine by painting 8 ml of either tincture of iodine or providone iodine (betadine) scrub on the forearm daily

. William Kirk, PhD, CHP Pennsylvania Bureau of Radiation Protection

LINK

PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION TO YOUR FRIENDS ON THE WEST COAST AND CONTACTS IN JAPAN
edit on 12-3-2011 by Hardfelt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

thanks for the info do you know any info regarding the flow of contamination that is heading to u.s.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

No. I don't know. This post is interesting though:

Here

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
So what is everyone afraid of exactly?

The only worry is particulates from a fire or explosion and those will fall long before they reach us even if they did.
Ash and solid matter that's blown into the air is the only worry and I doubt very little will reach here....

Radiation just passes through water so any steam released in the atmosphere would just cool and rain back down anyways nearby. Unless you live in the area I would not waste money on iodine pills.

They are good to have on hand though for when the same thing happens here.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Was it called a hoax on here on elsewhere...?

link please?
edit on 3/12/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

Here is a Link. ny-popculture-politics.blogspot.com...

The easy way to find out if it was a hoax is to go to the actual site of the company thats listed on the map.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I am going to get prepared; people I call here act like I am crazy- however,there is not any clear information that tells us what this is going to do or what will happen in the next several days and judging from the threads and posts there is only guessing going on!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Nice Alternative, but for how long? It would be better to have a 14 day supply of Potassium Iodide tablets per
person, than 4 one ounce bottles of iodine per person. Plus, Iodine tincture is poisonous. Due to variations in
skin absorbancy, the method you describe is only preferable in EXTREME survival situations.
What? my ATS friends do not Already have Potassium Iodide Tablets in their "Med kits?"
Shame on you. As it is vital to children and secondary to Humans under 40.
Get some Tyvec suits for your "Freak out kit" as well.

Regards

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Variable

What is potassium Iodide for?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Thank you for posting the info Skadi. Are you saying, that the drug stores are all out of stock, for potasium Iodide already?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I just bought two 8oz bottles of 10% Povidone-Iodine from wal-mart under equate brand. Name brand Betadine was $12 for one 8oz bottle so i bought the povidone for $6 per 8oz bottle.

After reading www.ki4u.com... seems the pills are best but I don't have any any this is for an emergency.

Even though I live in Nevada, I'm not convinced we are safe yet. Like the BP oil spill it seems the MSM isn't doing their job reporting this one, and more reactors are overheating and having "partial meltdowns". Just like BP said oil 5,000 gallons were leaking a day, yeah right, I trust a corporations with stock market interests.

Why are people trusting these energy companies to release radiation numbers and facts, when these warnings will have future impact on their profits and safe nuclear energy???

I remember when PEPCON blew up in Henderson Nevada. I was 4-5 years old and only lived 5 miles from blast site. It blew a huge mushroom cloud into the sky and blew in every garage door/sliding glass door/ shelf in every house on my street. This was rocket fuel that blew up, but was caused by surrounding fires at marshmellow factory. I

Whats to stop more fires and explosions happening in japans melting nuclear reactors in the next 24 hours? They don't have enough electricity to pump the water, and means to cool these things down, not to mention freak hydrogen explosions going off.

If these reactors melt down fully and we have more of these huge radioactive explosions going off every 12 hours releasing into the jet stream I would be extremely prepared, not to mention the damage of Japan, 3rd largest economy what thats going to do to our stock market.

They have been downplaying the seriousness of these Nuclear reactors from the start of this entire thing. Be prepared, have your iodine ready and pray to god you wont have to use it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join