It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Saturday, where do I buy Iodine pills?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I've never heard of that. Is it available at a regular pharmacy?

reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Me too!
edit on 12/3/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well it appears the situation in Japan is not getting better. I find the general lack of urgency by the media a little disconcerting. I mean, typically, they over-hype potential problems. Here we have a rather large explosion and Japanese officials saying a melt down may be in progress and the talking heads are still cutting to commercials and Wisconsin. Maybe it will all amount to nothing but, I am beginning to wonder if it is not being downplayed on purpose. From my reading today kids are most at risk. If you have kids I highly recommend you look in to it. This stuff is not expensive.

V

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I am in St. Louis, so I do have SOME time. Gong to order online and ship next day.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by troubleshooter

I've never heard of that. Is it available at a regular pharmacy?

reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Me too!
edit on 12/3/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

Betadine is available from a regular pharmacy.

I suggest that you apply it to your skin at night before sleeping...
...iodine is used most by glandular tissue...
...and its absorption by the Pineal gland can make you sleep well.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Please don't laugh...but I ordered some off ebay last night. This morning I checked and they have sold out on ebay. I went ahead last night and bought them just in case?? Then after today I heard a lot of people saying places were sold out. So I searched and ebay was also sold out. I already had some in my preparedness kit, but thought I would get more just in case. I see them all the time on ebay and now none?
It's weird how fast things happen. I wanted to have enough for my family as they never think anything is ever going to happen and aren't prepared for anything!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

edit on 3/12/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
yes that's them. I ordered them last night. They must have gotten more in as when I looked this morning nothing came up in my search. Question... How long would we need to take these pills???? Few days, weeks, or months? What does everyone think? That will decide if we have enough as I have no idea how long this situation would require the pills. If it is in the air for months then we will all need more than 2 bottles!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

edit on 3/12/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
So what about after 14 days? Is that if the danger is gone, or are you at maximum protection at 14 days and do not need to take more after that? Thanks for the information!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I was just a small child when Chernobl blew up, but my Mum got some Iodine tablets in quick. (we live in Manchester, England). Several days later the government issued all children under 5 a dose of Iodine tablets.

Apparently BEETROOT contains LOTS of iodine in the correct dose, and is just as good as the tablets - many of them are a ripp off and don't contain the right dose.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

I'm in asheville too thought we were safe

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by opal13

You may want to check this map out posted here:

www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I just bought some a few minutes ago on amazon for two day delivery.

I am curious to know if we can also give these tablets to our pets? I have 3 dogs and want them protected as well.

Would the dosage for them be the same? Is it safe to give to pets?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

Well you should be able to aquire Potassium Iodide tablets at your local Chemist,apothecary,CVS,Pharmacist,
etc. Interestingly, Morton salt contained iodine for decades. That is not always the case these days, and the reasoning could be worth a new thread in its own right.

The idea behind Potassium Iodide treatment is to saturate your Thyroid gland to prevent the absorbtion of
radioactive particles. Standard dosage is 130 mg. per day for 10 to 14 days. For infants it would be half dosage
for 10 days and no longer unless recommended by a physician.

You can also order Potassium Iodide tablets online. If you need them immediately, you should contact your
local hospital or the red cross. In our modern age, you should always have these in your first aid kit.
So be prepared. This goes for all the "Bug Out Bag' tin hat folks on ATS as well.

Here is a general Wikipedia link for you : en.wikipedia.org...

S&F

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I eat salt on everything and in some cases "over consume" salt.

If I consume salt until my tongue turns gray does that mean I'm safe?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by opal13

You may want to check this map out posted here:

www.rense.com...

I've seen that map, but I really couldn't find it from that Aulstralian radiation services website. Lots of people calling that map a Hoax. Can you find where it came from besides rense?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

Don't get the pills. Go to Walmart or Walgreens and get a large bottle of Betadine Solution, which is 10% iodine. If the cloud comes near, you know, warning issued, just pour into the hands and rub until absorbed.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I live in Nevada and I found a source for potassium iodide, I just bought two bottles locally. Although it's Saturday night and stores are closed now.
any kelp supplements should help. Just look for the ingredient iodine.

I found two liquid bottles that list potassium iodide as an ingredient. www.vitacost.com...

If cloud comes near me tonight, im safe, I hope.

Lets pray to go this thing doesn't really blow high into the atmosphere. Everyone on west coast better watch out spring winds are coming!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I am very concerned and confused are we to get potasswium iodine tablets or the solution I am in AZ. can you give me some advice thanks!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jaguardmt

I live in az. and I am trying to get a lot of info regarding how fast is this approaching will it hit us and what areas and how fast do we need to start taking these tablets I would appreciate help on info!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join