It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Saturday, where do I buy Iodine pills?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by czygyny

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecher
reply to post by czygyny

For best effect use the povidone iodine solution on the thinnest most sensitive skin you got, you know where I mean, no need to waste it, and it probably needs a good wash anyway.

Well, that is a rather boorish remark on the state of my hygiene...which is at this point quite good--considering I have adequate supplies of water, soap and clean clothes at my disposal...but I'll keep it in mind.

Perhaps you dont reall get my point, just ONE betadine swab will do the job if in the right place, I prefer a taste rather than a patch. One swab or one wipe can do a whole family without you running off and spending stupid money on it. Heck by now theres counterfeit iodine tablets out there or other phony claims. Honestly I could be savving your life, you probably have an iodine swab or solution in your home first aide kit without leaving the house, that is if you have one.. Look, we're all gonna die, so have some fun with it, it' s intended to provide some levity at a difficult time.
edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Reply to post by Variable

You can also get iodine tincture at a local feed store. They are used to wrap up horse wounds. No limit and I'm sure u could boil the solution til u have an ingestable powder.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

Just make sure you dont mix up and take tincture merthiolate which will kill you or otherwise give you mercury poisoning, usually takes out the kidneys first.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
www.bt.cdc.gov...

apparently must take before for desired effect.
not recommended for adults over 40
edit on 12-3-2011 by works4dhs because: add line

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
www.bt.cdc.gov...

apparently must take before for desired effect.

not recommended for adults over 40
edit on 12-3-2011 by works4dhs because: add line

WOw you'd think I was psychic or trained for this by the gubmint, which incidently, I am and was. If you pay attention I can help you, its up to you

edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: that's the way I roll

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

Any information is always appreciated...but some folks can be quite knowledgeable and still lack in social graces.

If YOU failed to see the humor in my tongue in cheek reply to you, then it looks as if we are evenly matched in our lack of ability in 'taking a joke'. I'll keep this in mind next time we interact.

As far as being properly equipped for long-term emergencies let me just say this. Everyone's experience, funding, living situation, expertise, needs and abilities differ with each person. My preparations have probably been quite different than your own.

But, like I said...thanks for the information and suggestions.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by czygyny

Any information is always appreciated...but some folks can be quite knowledgeable and still lack in social graces.

If YOU failed to see the humor in my tongue in cheek reply to you, then it looks as if we are evenly matched in our lack of ability in 'taking a joke'. I'll keep this in mind next time we interact.

As far as being properly equipped for long-term emergencies let me just say this. Everyone's experience, funding, living situation, expertise, needs and abilities differ with each person. My preparations have probably been quite different than your own.

But, like I said...thanks for the information and suggestions.

Social graces, did you just fall into this site? Social graces? Really? I was trained for a post nuclear theater of war, youngun, that cuts a few graces off..
Look I got more years in college than you got in grade school, I'm old, Get a terse as you want, at least I'm free and you wont get any better elsewhere, anyway what's really coming is coming never the less, may as well look on the bright side of life.
edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: this is the end my only friend, the end

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

edit on 12-3-2011 by yoesse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a lot of military surplus stores sale this. just a fyi if you need them faster.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I got my tablets at an independantly owned pharmacy a couple years ago. It is an old time type where they still mix and grind chemicals near a hospital.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

Some drugstores carry potassium iodide; that's where I got mine. If you can't find them, kelp is a good natural source of iodine and is commonly available at natural food stores, supermarkets, and drugstores.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So I couldn't find any pills so far. I did find some Provadone Iodine - the kind you swab your skin with. Could you elaborate more on the "swab the nether regions" proposal. It sounds simple enough but, I wonder if this stuff I have will suffice.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Went to several stores today and if I asked, people looked at me like I was crazy.

Yes...kelp. I have some of that because of the iodine. Thanks so much for the reminder.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
These folks can ship Next Day Air, this is where I got my tablets from, I keep them handy for myself and my animals.

Directive21

I believe there is a window after exposure that can still help when using Potassium Iodate.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Yea me to, several smirks from Pharmacists. I live near Winston Salem btw. You said you were in Asheville.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Betadine solution contains 10% povidone-iodine.

The iodine can be applied to the skin and absorbed directly.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

variable,
I am also a parent of 4 in NC, near SJAFB. I am headed out to see what I can find around here. I may order online tonight. The best deal I've found is 90 pills for 20 bucks. Best of luck to you and yours.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Here we go! A big old run on iodine! Gotta get me some. I was looking for it this morning. If I can't find it, they'll find me ODed on table salt and sea weed.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Hi, I believe kelp tablets will also do the trick and they are actually healthy for you,although I am not sure about the dosage..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm so glad someone posted this. I was wondering the same thing! If I wasn't at least a little paranoid, I wouldn't be on a conspiracy board. LoL!

I heard kelp is useful as a source of iodine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join