It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Saturday, where do I buy Iodine pills?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The Japanese are notorious for keeping things low key, I personally don't trust them to tell us how bad things are. Cesium detected... Jet stream... I live in the US and have four kids so - Where do I buy iodine pills on a Saturday in North Carolina. I'm searching online now but thought someone may know if you can get them at like Walmart or CVS or something.

I see they are called potassium Iodide.

V
edit on 3/12/2011 by Variable because: Found it was potassium iodide

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

edit on 12-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by Variable

I don't know but I heard someone say to make sure you use iodized salt. I am in asheville and will be hitting Walmart in a bit. where in NC are you? Try any health food store...just call around and see. If I see any
Anywhere I will let you know.

It also seems like the jet stream should go more to the north but of sure wont hurt to have any on hand.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Oh yeah and the MSM isn't going to tell us much either.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

I would check with a local Health food store first. I know you could find Lugols Iodine 2% 0r5% solution., Maybe even the potassium iodide form.That would help now . In the meantime go to Nukepills.com . Also enter search on Amazon.com many vendors there, but it would take a couple days to ship.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Actually it only have much affect on the young, anyone above 40 will get a dose that will not change anything for a long time, at which point the result will not seem like such a bad alternative. In an emergency a touch of betadine soln on the tongue will probably be good if bitter fix.
I 131 has a relatively short halflife and by the time it gets to the states and diluted through millions of cubic miles of atmosphere the risk becomes negligeble, but my own NRC license has probably expired by now, so figure it out if you can.
Oh I got my own pills years ago.
Ok you guys got me interested, gonna break out one of the geigers and maybe put a survey meteroutside for shts and giggles
edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: i glow in the dark

edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: cause I'm feeling beta

edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: i want to be an alpha male

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

Not recommending them necessarily, but have you checked out this listing on Ebay?
(not mine)

cgi.ebay.com...

edit on 3/12/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My wife just ordered them at the local grocery store pharmacy. No prescription, just have to sign and I don't know what they cost.

I would order them today, before panic sets in the US/Canada!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ordering online is fine but, I want them in my hand now. I'm not panicking, its just that I was a Boy Scout and i wanna be prepared
I think I have some really old pills somewhere. But to be honest, Nuclear fallout hasn't been one of those big things on my mind lately. Just rather have them and not need them ya know? Like my stock of ammo...

V

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm going to take the boys and go looking.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Try a Surplus Gear store. They might have what your looking for. STOCK MARKET COLLAPSE

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I probably shouldn't say-- but please, please don't shop at walmart.
They are one of the reasons for local economies tanking.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm getting occasional jumps up to 2 millirad/hr, though mostly background a .02 mR/Hr. That's without the shield. With shield jumps to 1 millirad/hr
Where you at?
edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: i'm radioactive

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I just ordered a bunch from here.........

Link

From what I've researched the radiation won't be getting here for four or five days in the midwest and if so should not be much but better safe than sorry. Chernobyl cloud worked its way around the world in due time.

Anybody know how many nuke facilities are around the New Madrid?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I just ordered some supplies from this outfit. There is a lot of good information on the site that you can glean that might keep you safe.

They suggest that in lieu of the pills you can use the liquid iodine painted on the skin, and that form is readily available at pharmacies and livestock suppliers. I have a bottle of it for wounds and ubilical cord treatment for my livestock.

Radiation info and supplies

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

For best effect use the povidone iodine solution on the thinnest most sensitive skin you got, you know where I mean, no need to waste it, and it probably needs a good wash anyway.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
The Japanese are notorious for keeping things low key, I personally don't trust them to tell us how bad things are. Cesium detected... Jet stream... I live in the US and have four kids so - Where do I buy iodine pills on a Saturday in North Carolina. I'm searching online now but thought someone may know if you can get them at like Walmart or CVS or something.

I see they are called potassium Iodide.

V
edit on 3/12/2011 by Variable because: Found it was potassium iodide

we just came from the supplements store by us..
WE cant' get tablets... the owner said the US gov bought them all up...
but we did buy this..
en.wikipedia.org...

and do a google search by zip code..
start here
www.google.com... KAA

living in seattle area,, we will get hit first........ i got mine.. and there was no more to buy anywhere here.

people were calling the store we went to to hold some stock.. but there was only 3 bottles left...!!!

if you cant find liquid drops,, or tablets,,, try powdered KELP,,,,,, anything will help,, especially for our children..

go with god
Darrman

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Go here for more information:

www.nrc.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecher
reply to post by czygyny

For best effect use the povidone iodine solution on the thinnest most sensitive skin you got, you know where I mean, no need to waste it, and it probably needs a good wash anyway.

Well, that is a rather boorish remark on the state of my personal hygiene...which is at this point quite good--considering I have adequate supplies of water, soap and clean clothes at my disposal...but I'll keep it in mind.

edit on 12-3-2011 by czygyny because: needed a touch up

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is what I mean, this is SOME conspiracy site, and none of you have your pills, or v700 counter or v717'meter?s

Next I suppose your gonna tell me you dont have NBC gas masks or a years worth of food in the house either?
As IF!! And dont even start about the body armor and weapons,

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join