It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ya know what burns my broomsticks!!??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The way people look at "proof". People have seen flying objects over major cities. Heard accounts of abductions from credible witnesses, and yet, they have to have "proof". Yet, when it come to "God" they'll believe every word never having seen or heard anything except that which was written forever ago, that has been changed and mistranslated 400 times or so.......because that's what they have been told since childhood and within our society....

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
couldn't agree more. that's why i look more upon the bible as an biblical/archeological asset. there are numerous references to sites of archeological importance. quite interresting actually. i found this out when i attended a cource in bible-archeology when i was younger.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkspace
couldn't agree more. that's why i look more upon the bible as an biblical/archeological asset. there are numerous references to sites of archeological importance. quite interresting actually. i found this out when i attended a cource in bible-archeology when i was younger.

Hi DarkSpace...I agree completely! I have read the bible, I just see it different than "most, and like many others that see it the same way I do. It's a wonderful history/archeological text!!.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
people only believe that they have been abducted because the people they go to see to help them keep pounding it into their brain that they have been abducted. thats the only reason. people who have vivid dreams of being abducted clam to have been actually abducted.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Luckily, I've had proof provided to my own eyes... Finding the rest of the evidence is only to increase understanding...as the question of proof has already been solved for me.

"burns my broomsticks" that's a great Wiccan catch phrase, hehe...I'll have to remember that one for some friends, hehe...

[edit on 20-7-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Actually, it could be argued that this goes for some of the people in the UFO community as well. For most, the ET phenomena is a question of belief and faith, much as this is the case for believers in God. Remember, the majority of people have never met an agnel nor had a first-hand extra terrestrial experience.

Of course, one could argue there's more evidence pointing to the existance of ETs, but you still have to want to believe in the evidence and or witnesses to take them into consideration.

But I agree with you. It's a contradiction.

[edit on 20-7-2004 by Durden]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
Actually, it could be argued that this goes for some of the people in the UFO community as well. For most, the ET phenomena is a question of belief and faith, much as this is the case for believers in God. Remember, the majority of people have never met an agnel nor had a first-hand extra terrestrial experience.

Of course, one could argue there's more evidence pointing to the existance of ETs, but you still have to want to believe in the evidence and or witnesses to take them into consideration.

But I agree with you. It's a contratiction.

That is indeed correct, up to an extent, but it is my personal opinion that there are more people today that have seen an a UFO than have seen God

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I know what you all mean though about how people wil believe one thing and not enough purely on how much it has been drilled into there head.

I think at this present moment in time, most things that we believe in are based upon Faith. Since we dont actually really have much hard evidence of whats going on.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Mayor religions have been followed since thousands of years. People believe in them (without the need of tangible proof) because that�s the way they have been raised.
Religious people consider their own as the absolute true, it�s not questionable.
But thousands of years ago, it wasn�t that way. Christians, for example, have long been persecuted in the begining (been eaten by lions, crucified, etc, etc).

Maybe in some hundred years...

new topics

top topics

join