It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan EQ causes all other Global EQ activity to stop for awhile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
According to this data:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Before the Japan Quake, there were larger and smaller quakes all over the World minute by minute. California was rocking with it's many small ones per day, Alaska, Russia and Chile etc. Then...

8.9 in Japan and everywhere else, nothing. Is this normal?

Today, Global EQ activity is back to previous levels. Anyone have the explanation?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Just a guess that the earth was preparing to let out a big burp, thats why you seen a lot of activity prior to this big one, now its happened the earth has gone back to "normal" and the process starts over again, it will begin to build up for another big burp maybe in another 5-10 years?

all is normal

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Just a guess that the earth was preparing to let out a big burp, thats why you seen a lot of activity prior to this big one, now its happened the earth has gone back to "normal" and the process starts over again, it will begin to build up for another big burp maybe in another 5-10 years?

all is normal

Seemed like the World took a breath, farted, rolled over and went back to sleep. Problem is, for how long?

The US plates are different so wondering why they would be effected? (Affected?...Damn, always confuse these two)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It's only natural for the planet to fart every now and then, it would not be natural if it didn't, the thing is (nobody in this thread) when it does fart many people run around saying its the beginning of the end and its the start of a much bigger event, its not, this is totally natural for the earth.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
And just now, this site went down.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Anyone bring it up?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
that does work for me right now but this one works

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
that does work for me right now but this one works

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Yeah, but I have always used the other site. It has dots instead of squares for the incidents. Dots is purty! lol

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There's no way the earth was just building up to a large burp. It doesn't even work that way. I think they are just not posting all of the quakes. That's the only explanation i can come up with.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SickSkin
There's no way the earth was just building up to a large burp. It doesn't even work that way. I think they are just not posting all of the quakes. That's the only explanation i can come up with.

Well, I'm not an expert but as I was cruising thru the data, I noticed that everywhere went quiet..calm. Then the quake and after that, back to normal. Except that you can see that the "normal" is actually a little more intense than before Japan. Even in just the last hour especially.

Saturday March 12 2011, 18:28:38 UTC 21 minutes ago South Sandwich Islands region 5.0 235.8km

Saturday March 12 2011, 17:54:18 UTC 55 minutes ago Gulf of California 4.7 22.2km

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If it farts, # has to come out eventually.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

this site shows the, in Cal. and Europe just like before

new topics

top topics

join