It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOOT! Karzai wants the NATO to stop their *military operations* in Afghanistan!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Full article

Afghan President Hamid Karzai gestures as he addresses a gathering of women to mark International Women's Day at Amani High School in Kabul. Afghan President Hamid Karzai urged international troops to “stop their operations in our land” on March 12, 2011, on a visit to relatives of nine children killed in an air strike by NATO forces.

German mirror

So, what do you think is going to happen? Is this a victory for the taliban?!

(This is my first news post btw, sorry if I have done anything wrong)
edit on 04/06/2010 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well NATO killed his cousin recently, so I suppose he thinks they are getting closer to him. He can yell all he likes, but whilst the U.S controls the herion poppies they are not going anywhere.

Plus the oil pipe is nowhere near finished, so it will be a while yet.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It would be a good thing if the Afghans made a definitive and clear statement about NATO leaving. Anything that hastens our withdrawal is a good thing. It is time for them to deal with their situation by themselves with minimal help from outside only as needed.

If they think they can handle the Taliban themselves; then so be it. There is no Osama Bin Laden boogieman any more, which supposedly was our reason for going in.

Time to get out, now.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wellsince he want NATO to stop its operations. When the Taliban comes for his butt, which they will do. I certainly hope he remebers what he said today. And no calling for the NATO troops to come and hel him either.

I would laugh if they told him where to go

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Question: I thought that they no longer considered Taliban as terrorist? I remember reading something that said Obama was talking to them and they're now best friends, or something like that? Also, I thought that Osama worked with that CIA group and not the Taliban?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

osama bin laden? worked for the cia?

you must have him mixed up with Tim Osman who happened to have been an american college student supported by the cia.

wait, uh......

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think its about time we left. A country's sovereignty isn't worth gas money, no matter what anyone thinks. We've lived without gas in the past and we can do it again.

new topics

top topics

join