It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sighting south of Portland OR this past weekend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I was outside with my family this weekend (Saturday), swimming since it was hot, and when we got out we were just kind of lounging on the deck; all of this around 6:30 in the evening, so not dark enough for any stars. A friend of mine was coming over that evening to watch a movie and just hang out, and my father in law was also over helping with some heavy yard work and swimming. Anyway, I heard an airplane flying over, and looked up at it; the local small airport is only a few miles away and there's a large amount of WW2 warbirds located there, so I'm always looking to the sky for a treat. What I wasn't expecting to see when I looked up though, were two silver dots- I say dots because it was obvious they were pretty high, but still below the high clouds. I didn't really have anything to gauge their size against becuase they were just "there". It was weird. I called my wife and father in law over, they both saw them, and then my friend drove up, saw us standing there staring at the sky and he saw them as well; we all ended up watching the dots until they finally ascended into the clouds (very high clouds on Saturday) which ended up being at least 10 minutes.

What was odd about the whole thing was they were unaffected by the wind completely- there was a SE wind blowing, even more so at the level the clouds were. I'm sure if I checked some local weather sites for Saturday, I could get the ceiling height. They were way up there. What was also strange is that these two dots appeared to be at the exact same height and kept their exact distance to/from each other the entire time as well. Now, since we live within a few miles of an airport (Aurora State Airport in Oregon) we thought, weather balloons. Well, weather balloons should be affected by wind yes? Again, these just did not waver from their straight upward path, nor from each other.

The worst part of all of it is, we're right in the middle of the process of buying a digital camera, and my 35mm camera is junk and probably wouldn't have picked up anything; I would have loved to have given you guys/gals some pictures. Pictures would really make the story here......

new topics

join