It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at nuclear plant, Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The video posted by Reuters today titled " Explosion at nuclear plant" also broadcast by BBC clearly show a very large shock wave at the begining of the clip. Viewers familar with motion pictuers of explosions know well that the recorded shock wave that appears briefly before the smoke bellows up is an important indicator of the force and source of the explosion.

I am writing this post to point out the glaring editing by ABC TV news today in that they showed the clip begining a few seconds after the shock wave was recorded and perhaps in a slightly slower speed making the cloud of dust appear more like a trash fire that may be on the reactor site. This video was recorded in daylight, that means it was yesterday for the viewers in North America.

This tradgic event is much larger than Amercian broadcast news is reporting and the variance between the American news and the world news indicates this editing out of significant data is intentional. What is the purpose? Do they think we can't handle the truth?

edit on 12-3-2011 by whatwasthat because: Okay, someone in New York must be watching ATS they are now showing the entire recording with the explosive shock wave.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whatwasthat

SO what is it?

Some people are saying that American media is over-exaggerating the situation and fear mongering.

Some people are saying the American media is down-playing the situation and saying it is no big deal.

Which is it?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

edit on 12-3-2011 by 5StarOracle because: changed my mind

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Hello JibbyJedi,

Thanks for putting up the video, I was thrashing around trying to get it up on this post.

The shock wave is an indication that the roof of the reactor has been blown off. Most likely this is an explosion fueled by hydrogen gas finding a source of oxegen in the atmosphere. The explosion is likely to scatter radio active dust and debris for miles around. I would expect measureable radiation to find its way aloft and show up
in North America at the end of next week.

Could you do me a big favor and link the ABC news video to this post so members can see for themslves the contrast of world news and the comic book version that comes out of New York ?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here's what I found from ABC news -

abcnews.go.com...

www.abc.net.au...

I can't find any ABC news videos about this at the moment.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Firstly, I would like to express my sincere condolences to all the Japanese nationals in or outside Japan and my heart goes out to everybody from wherever they may come from who is suffering as a result of this huge natural catastrophe.

Star and flag for bringing this observation to light.
I have also noticed several discrepancies in many media reports that seem to indicate a "softening" of the true size and scope of this tragedy.

Beginning with the initial reports suggesting it was an 8.0 quake. It took way too long for most media outlets to reflect the same magnitude levels and some are still today, almost 36 hours after the quake quoting 8.4 (China Cable TV NHK)

It does appear that most of these "short" videos of the of the tsunami incoming were all deliberately
"cut short" and almost all faded out after just a few seconds and not really showing the full impact and devastation of the wave on the Japanese infrastructure and people.

However, I do not for one second, believe it is necessarily a good thing to showcase human suffering but there is IMHO, an attempt to hide the total facts and size or scope of this still unfolding event.

As soon as I saw the first images of the incoming wave and the debris and destruction in it's wake it was SO obvious that there were going to be a massive loss of life similar to the 2004 Indonesian quake. And still the media are reporting ridiculously small "numbers of confirmed deaths" only in the hundreds.
Just this morning we came to learn the truth in small doses, for example that over 10,000 in one single coastal city alone.
So we must unfortunately brace ourselves for the bad news and expect this number to increase considerably.

I don't know if they think we cannot cope with true facts and assessments or they want to reduce anxiousness among the population but they should maybe consider what they release on facts and numbers instead of trying to make a "really bad situation" look "not so bad".

They should wait for "real assessments to be completed, clarify facts and not publish stories and
"I think, it could be, maybe, we believe" or whatever fiction.

The explosions at the Nuke plants are quite obviously more than they are saying at the moment and yes, there are various clips to suggest cropping/editing including contradictory assessments from all these so called "experts" who always suddenly "pop up" from nowhere, from all around the world, many of who, are only interested in "saying something" to get themselves into the media spot light.

The same can be said about those who still try to spread disinformation regarding the affects of the moon as being a celestial body that does not influence our planet.
This is a blatant lie and scientists are fully ware of the physical influential power the mass of our close solar companion exerts on Earth. Link

It is absurd that certain people here on ATS refer to some debunkers who say the Moon or other celestial bodies have no influence or impact on Earth, thus suggesting it doe not cause movement of the tectonic plates, oceanographic changes, Volcanic activity and wind speeds or vortexes and electromagnetic disturbances. But the facts are they do as much as the Sun does!

The Truth About Tides The same force that produces violent volcanism on Jupiter's moon Io causes the Earth's oceans to rise and fall. This tidal force is the product of the gravitational influence which one body imposes on another. The influence of the Moon's gravity upon the Earth is the primary source of our ocean tides. Newton had found that the attractive force of an object is inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the objects. This is known as the inverse square law. The first to apply this law to the question of tides was the Marquis de Leplace (1749-1827).
Source A Guide to the Moon.

What can move and influence the Oceans obviously has a secondary influence on the tectonic plates...Volcanoes, Wind etc..

Moon as Dominant Tidal Source

The Moon is the dominant tidal influence because the fractional difference in its force across the Earth is greater than the fractional difference seen from the Sun. This difference in force follows the inverse square law.
Source Tidal Influences
More

People, PLEASE, this is school science

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Hello JibbyJedi,
Thank you for your effort, the version that was edited has been removed.

join