It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska militia members allegedly plotted to ‘kidnap or kill’ judge, police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Five members or associates of a militia group were arrested in Fairbanks, Alaska Thursday in connection with a plot to kidnap or kill state trooper and judges.

Francis "Schaeffer" Cox, Lonnie Vernon, Karen Vernon, Coleman Barney and Michael Anderson were all charged with conspiracy to conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit kidnapping, conspiracy to commit arson, third-degree misconduct involving weapons, first-degree hindering prosecution and tampering with evidence, according to KTUU.

Cox is known to be the leader of the Alaska Peacemakers Militia.

An investigation into the militia "revealed extensive plans to kidnap or kill Alaska State Troopers and a Fairbanks Judge," according to an Alaska Department of Public Safety statement.

Is this the beginning of the "revolution" that I read about ATS members advocating frequently. Militias targeting cops and judges?

While establishing his militia last March, Cox reportedly told a crowd of about 150 members that they had a duty to spill blood to protect their rights.

God help us!
edit on 12-3-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

If this is true, it just shows there is only so much people will take.

I would have to see more proof to decide if these 5 people are guilty of what they are accused. This might be the beginning of cracking down on gun owners and those that disagree with what the government does. Interesting and important either way. Also, he's being painted as a 'weird' conspiracy theorist by the media in Alaska;

It gets weirder. Sovereign Citizen adherents believe that once the U.S. went off the gold standard and backed the dollar with the “full faith and credit” of the U.S. government, a secret international banking cabal began forcing the U.S. government to pledge the earning power of its citizenry as collateral, effectively enslaving Americans at birth.
Infringed or unhinged? Alaskas not-so-well regulated militia leaders (linked in the OP's original story link)

Guess most everyone on ATS is weird too.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

Here's what is going to happen. The Feds will institute a huge undercover infiltration of militias. Just like the KKK where now most of the members are working for the feds undercover.

My bet is that this Alaskan militia had a mole that tipped off the authorities.

I despise the system as much as anyone but killing cops and judges is one of the stupidest ways I can think of to bring about change .

edit on 12-3-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

More on the Militia that wanted to kill cops and judges.

www.anchoragepress.com...

The investigation of this group is going to lead to some embarrassing connections to another famous politician.

Three guesses.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
this sounds like anti-militia propaganda to me, to combat the rise of people who believe in crazy ideas like freedom...i would be pretty surprised if these charges are true

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What bugs me out is how do all these plans get realized before being carried out? I've read quite a few articles about alleged "terrorist" plots in NYC and such. Are all these organizations being infiltrated quietly? or are there just confidential informants everywhere now? No where is safe.... I can't imagine an uprising actually being carried out. I am not condoning these plans or actions, I'm just curious how they get busted before things happen, yet 911 was carried out with ease LOL. If that doesn't make you wonder then idk what will.
edit on 12-3-2011 by stigup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

desert presses buzzer...Who is Sarah Palin?

whaaa, does that mean I have to get rid of my Conch Republic flag? And before anyone brings that up, because I've seen it listed as a legitimate secessionist movement....

"Madam, the only anti-gravity device yet invented on this planet is levity. The world is in sore need of levity, so it our function as the Conch Republic to be the Joker in the Deck...you may not always wish to play with us, Madam, but we must be there, or you’re not playing with a full deck!"

source

Back in the late 1990's we had a friend who had declared himself a Soverign Citizen. Now, at the time, the Calif SC movement had already threatened a county clerk in Stanislaus County. Our friend enjoyed being a SC, because he got away with speeding, driving without a license, vehicle safety, child support owed, drunk in public. Well, actually, I think LEO found him nutty when they pulled him over and he started to spout SC talk. So did a judge.

As far as paying taxes and child support, this interesting friend never got a job where he would pay taxes, and he went out of state to hide from child support. He was a good father, buying guns for his kids, so they could defend themselves when the UN rolled their tanks into (his small, really small) town at the Millenium. He would listen to Millennial Christian Survivalist lowpower broadcast radio stations; I'll bet, being a "church", they didn't pay taxes either.

He wasn't much different drunk or sober, so I don't think alcohol played into his irrational thinking. God bless the world, whaaa, as it takes all kinds to keep the world spinning. But when these people actually want to commit acts of violence, that's where I draw the line. In truth, our friend would probably not commit violence, but some he listened to would.

...oh, whaaa, just to let you know, we flirted with the idea of getting a giant gold star with SV on it (as our friend had) for our pick up when we visited/camped in the national forest, but we decided to just get the necessary fire permits and comply with the law...no sense in burning down the forest when govt foresters have declared a high burn day. Also, we felt that with the growing complexity of he world, it was better to find ways to work together than fall apart.

Sometimes far left violence meets far right violence...but for different ends.
Todd probably wouldn't do violence, either, but I'll bet some who think like him would. Left wing violence was suffocated years ago, and right wing violence incubated and escalated for three decades now.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If police weren't "POLICE..." wouldn't a lot of the "arrests" they make be considered heavily armed, plotted attacks?

I don't know anything about this case. What I DO know is that there are bad, corrupt cops in this city, and they do need to be arrested.

Who's going to arrest the police though? Certainly not this group of guys, as they've been caught and branded wannabe cop killers for doing things that the cops do on a constant basis...
edit on 13-3-2011 by alaskan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join