It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ is the Messiah, and he has come

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
reply to post by IAMIAM

Wonderful! Since you have a background in Sikhism, then you may understand better if it is simply refered to as the Khalsa?

Well, to me, Sikhism is to the Guru Granth Sahib Ji as Christianity is to the Bible. In others words, I believe that the religion based on the words of the text has to some extent lost touch with the true essence or meaning of it.

However, the main and pertinent difference between the Bible and the Guru Granth Sahib Ji is that the latter was written by the gurus or saints themselves and not a word has been altered.

But are you familiar with the Khalsa?

"I have made this body and mind a sacrifice, a sacrificial offering to the Lord. Dedicating my body and mind, I have crossed over the terrifying world-ocean, and shaken off the fear of death." (Guru Arjan Dev, Chant, pg. 576)

edit on 13-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

But are you familiar with the Khalsa?

I am no expert on Sikhism, but it sounds to me like it originally referred to the sangat or group of disciples of Guru Gobind Singh, where everyone was regarded as a brother or sister, as equals. This was in stark contrast to the Indian caste system, which was deeply ingrained in their society at that time.

Is that what you mean?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
I am no expert on Sikhism, but it sounds to me like it originally referred to the sangat or group of disciples of Guru Gobind Singh, where everyone was regarded as a brother or sister, as equals. This was in stark contrast to the Indian caste system, which was deeply ingrained in their society at that time.

Is that what you mean?

Ah, I thought you were more familiar. The reference may not make sense in the discussion then.

"He who keeps alight the unquenchable torch of truth, and never swerves from the thought of One God; he who has full love and confidence in God and does not put his faith, even by mistake, in fasting or the graves of Muslim saints, Hindu crematoriums, or Jogis places of sepulchre; he who recognises the One God and no pilgrimages, alms-giving, non-destruction of life, penances, or austerities; and in whose heart the light of the Perfect One shines, - he is to be recognised as a pure member of the Khalsa" (Guru Gobind Singh, 33 Swaiyyas)

I am not a Sikh, so I will drop the reference. I only brought it up because it would explain my point of view better if you were one.

I was just reaching for a better frame of reference where-by understanding would be found.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I am not a Sikh, so I will drop the reference. I only brought it up because it would explain my point of view better if you were one.

It's alright, I enjoyed the excursion away from the usual Christian references. I am all for broadening one's perspective.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Im a christian and while I respect your views I don't think the return of Jesus was written as a metaphor.
Matthew 24:29-30
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in the heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth moujrn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great golory.

Then numerous times it also states that this generation shall not pass and the sun not giving light prior to the return of Jesus. Meaning all these things will take place in a generation and it shall not pass til all things are done. All prophecy is in motion.
Matthew 24:34
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled

Daniel 12:4
But thou, O Dan'iel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased

It has been a sudden increase in knowledge/people becoming more spiritual

I await the return of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BreezeLike
Im a christian and while I respect your views I don't think the return of Jesus was written as a metaphor.
Matthew 24:29-30
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in the heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth moujrn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great golory.

Then numerous times it also states that this generation shall not pass and the sun not giving light prior to the return of Jesus. Meaning all these things will take place in a generation and it shall not pass til all things are done. All prophecy is in motion.
Matthew 24:34
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled

Daniel 12:4
But thou, O Dan'iel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased

It has been a sudden increase in knowledge/people becoming more spiritual

I await the return of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

My friend, even in the quotes you used in reference to your view, it does not say Jesus is coming back. It says the Son of Man. Even Christ prophesied that it would be the Son of Man, not Jesus. Would you know him if you saw him? What would he look like? What will his name be?

Here let me show you Christ's own words about this.

15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

A simple request from Jesus. If you love him, keep his commandments. He said it plainly, Love God, Love your neighbor. He demonstrated how to do it. Heal the sick, give ALL you have to the poor, raise the dead, love even your enemies, etc.

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Christ is asking the father to send a comforter. Notice he is sending someone else.

17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

It is the spirit of truth, and you will know him when you see him. If you do not know him, then you are not one seeking the truth.

18I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Christ already returned as I said. He resides in the heart of those who keep his commandments.

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Again, keep his commandments and he manifests within you.

22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Again, if you love Jesus, keep HIS commandments. Then you will know the truth when you see it.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Again, if YOU love Christ, keep his commandments. This must be pretty important. His commandments are not easy and many do not keep them. He did say pick up YOUR cross and follow him. That is because it is not easy. How many do you know that are willing to give up all that they own, all that they love, all that they know to follow in the footsteps of Christ even unto their death? Few will walk this path. Do you?

25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I am reminding you of these things that Christ said. Too many think if they worship his image, can say his name, and claim he is lord, that will be enough. NO! He said to KEEP his commandments!

27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 28Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Jesus returned to the father, rejoice in that! For where dwells the father, dwells the christ. The Kingdom of God is within you!

29And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe. 30Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. 31But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

Christ did what he had to do, he came, he saw, he conquered the flesh, and is now one with the father, within us all.

His second coming is complete. The Prince of this world is not Jesus. That is a name of a man who has already come and gone and returned in spirit. The Prince of the world is the Son of Man, the comforter of the world, the keeper of HIS commandments.

Christ did not say these things as metaphor. He said them plainly because he wanted ALL to understand. People read and hear what they want to read and hear. It is more convenient to worship idols in hopes of salvation rather than do the work necessary.

I tell you these things to clarify the truth my friend. If you still see it differently, by all means do so, for it must be the will of the father.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 16-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Truth is in the prophecy

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall ne caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shalll we ever be with the Lord

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Truth is in the prophecy

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall ne caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shalll we ever be with the Lord

What does this mean to you my friend?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

So do you believe the rapture is going to take place?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Sorry my friend, but I asked you first. What does that scripture you quoted mean to you?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Sorry i know this wasn't directed at me....

Personlly i think the rapture is one of the many fairy tales you'll find in the bible... An idea conjured up by those who seek control...

The idea that a portion of the worlds population will just disapear one day is ludacris...

Although i would like to hear IAMIAM's take on the matter....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Ok my friend, I do not like to make one wait much less two, and I am not putting you on the spot.

So, here is what I think of the rapture using the scripture that created the idea.

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

We are here. I won't explain, but you can find me elaborating on this all through this forum. If you really want to know, ask and I will explain.

40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

This is the particular line which has started the whole affair of the rapture. Here I will recount my own testimony of being raptured. It is a sudden profound epiphany that absolutely shatters ones own carefully constructed ego and leaves one with eyes and heart wide open to the realities of the world. The first week after this experience occurred to me, I wept for all the things I had done to others to harm them. I am not boasting when I say the cruellest thing I have ever done is judge another. You have no idea how much pain the smallest judgement you make causes another. It cuts to the bone and scars them in ways you never notice. I felt every bit of pain that I had put others through, and all I had ever done to another is cast judgement. I have never raised my hand in violence, nor have I ever sought to tear another down. All I ever did was withhold love for the sake of judgement. Think about that. It crushed me for a week.

After that week, my ego was destroyed and I stood naked in the world with eyes wide open. I felt that I had been totally and utterly forgiven for all I had done and was loved beyond belief by EVERYTHING. The Wind loved me, the rocks loved me, the trees loved me, EVERYTHING loved me and I saw just how beautiful a world we have been given. For another week I cried, this time in utter profound JOY. I weep every single day in ecstacy just for being. Sometimes I weep for the poor souls who haven't joined me yet.

You see, I was two men working in a field. One was taken, and the other left behind. So too will all be raptured according to the judgement of God. Pray for it, beg for it, love for it, and live for it.

42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. 44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

I did not ask to be taken, I did not watch for it, I was not even a Christian, nor does it matter. I have loved deeply in my life, and when I judged others it was only after being hard pressed to do so. I wasn't a saint, but I loved everyone I met equally. That is what I think matters, but truly it is up to God.

45Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 46Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 47Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

I did what Christ commanded in my life because it came from inside me. I wasn't a Christian, I rejected Christianity. But, I did what Christ said to do without even knowing what he said to do. Life isn't about blind supplication my friend. I promise you this with all my heart and my soul. Life is about loving each other. You should see God in everyone, for we are all children of God. Love each as deeply as you love Jesus, and you too will see life through my eyes.

48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; 49And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; 50The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, 51And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Oh how this is playing out as we speak. I do not know why people follow blindly away from the teachings of Christ, but from the Apostles to the followers today, you can see a steady trickle further and further away from the life giving waters of Christ. His message was pure, love one another.

Many will be weeping in their day of Judgement, and the gnashing of teeth goes on even in this forum. You may even doubt my words and I would not blame you.

Consider this, how many do you know who would walk away from everything in life and set out with nothing to work to bring about the Kingdom of Heaven?

That is what I am doing, because I know who I am.

Once the ego is taken, you too will know fully who you are.

Christ is risen, he is within you.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

nicely said, i too have felt the realization of God several times...and like you it brought me to tears. Tears of relief, happyness, and contentment on this earth.

I suppose it was like a rapture, i've never thought of it that way...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by IAMIAM

nicely said, i too have felt the realization of God several times...and like you it brought me to tears. Tears of relief, happyness, and contentment on this earth.

Sometimes I think the scriptures are written in such a way as to cast a spell on the reader that they cannot see what they are not ready to. Then I remember that God is within us, and it is he deciding who understands and who does not according to his will.

Remember this my friend, and be kind to the blind.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

reply to post by IAMIAM

Sometimes I think the scriptures are written in such a way as to cast a spell on the reader that they cannot see what they are not ready to. Then I remember that God is within us, and it is he deciding who understands and who does not according to his will.

Remember this my friend, and be kind to the blind.

With Love,

Your Brother

always man, but "the blind" annoy me because the answers are simple... which is why i lash out sometimes lol

Im not perfect this i know...but im learning

scriptures are written in such a way as to cast a spell on the reader that they cannot see what they are not ready to...

This is why Jesus spoke in parables, if you don't understand his teachings the parables are confusing, but if you appoach them with love, compassion and selflessness....they become very clear...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

always man, but "the blind" annoy me because the answers are simple... which is why i lash out sometimes lol

Im not perfect this i know...but im learning

Oh Bull! You are perfect! If the creator wanted you built any other way, he would have built you that way. Your actions will be as perfect as you realise you are. How people act, is how they perceive themselves.

This is why Jesus spoke in parables, if you don't understand his teachings the parables are confusing, but if you appoach them with love, compassion and selflessness....they become very clear...

See how perfectly you said that! LOL

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

LMAO!!

You are amazing my friend... but i don't need a pat on the back, though it is appreciated

truely you are a diamond in the rough

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
i am ruled by no king. have you heard its 2011? we aren't ruled by kings or queens anymore, but i suppose it still works to subdue the close minded. lets forget the past and look towards the future with benevolence and the idea of our non supernatural alien brothers returning.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
i am ruled by no king. have you heard its 2011? we aren't ruled by kings or queens anymore, but i suppose it still works to subdue the close minded. lets forget the past and look towards the future with benevolence and the idea of our non supernatural alien brothers returning.

What are you ruled by?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

what do you mean? hypothetically speaking it would be open mindedness, the possibility of infinite outcomes, and love.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join