It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ is the Messiah, and he has come

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
OK, I think I am starting to understand the meaning behind your words.

Still, if everyone did God's Will, loved everyone, and sought to Glorify God in all their actions, disputes would still arise because every person would have their own concept of what it means to live in God's will.

To love everyone is a high ideal and a worthy one, but in reality it is not so easy to practice within the context of society. The most we can achieve is to show loving kindness and understanding to everyone we meet.

We should love each other as Christ loved us, unconditionally. Love even your enemies and those who would oppress you.

God loves all, and so should we.

The only people that I have encountered whom I considered truly served God regarded themselves as less than dust at the feet of their Lord. If you're a king unto yourself, isn't it yourself that you serve?

You see, I am still puzzled by your terminology.

Does Queen Elizabeth serve herself? She is actually quite limited in what she can do. She cannot go down to the nearest pub and grab a pint for example. She is the figure head of a people and is constrained by her crown. Likewise, I am constrained by my crown to doing God's will, which is to love everyone. To love everyone means to be sure to remain blameless in all disputes, to be meek, to be humble, to be patient, to be forgiving, to be non-judgemental, to... Well do what Christ did, yes even die for others if it takes that.

Now of course there are some that I jostle with on this forum. Mostly though, it is merely getting people to open there eyes. To my knowledge, I have not left one single soul feeling as though they regret having met me. This is likewise how I conduct myself in real life.

Bear in mind, I am an outlaw and a rebel, but the laws of Man do not matter to me. No one can incarcerate me unless it is God's will, and if it is God's will it is his call to service!

Though the whole world is my Kingdom, I am not attached to any of it. Thus, I give it all to everyone who needs it. I own nothing, and need nothing.

We all have the potential to be sovereign, but as Peter Parker's Uncle said, "With Great power comes great responsibility." That responsibility is to love one another. There is no making excuses or saying how hard it is. It is something you either do, or you do not.

I promise you this, if you can divest yourself of all those things you find offensive, the rewards are beyond your imagining. Every thing under the Heavens is magnificent. Every person is a voice of God, if you listen right. Most do not even know it. If you can do it, loving everyone becomes natural. You do not see faults in them any more.

It is good to be King.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 13-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

As I said earlier, I enjoy most of what you write, and I agree with a fair bit of it, but this King thing still bothers me. It seems to condradict the whole humility thing.

Also, how do you know it is not God's Will for you to live within the constraints of society's law?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

As I said earlier, I enjoy most of what you write, and I agree with a fair bit of it, but this King thing still bothers me. It seems to condradict the whole humility thing.

What is more humble than treating everyone like Kings and Queens? I am not raising myself over anyone my friend, I am raising everyone up to the same level. If you cannot see all as Kings and Queens, then you are setting some over others. That is not humble. No one has a right to rule over another. You yield that right by choice.

Also, how do you know it is not God's Will for you to live within the constraints of society's law?

Because I was not born with it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

What is more humble than treating everyone like Kings and Queens? I am not raising myself over anyone my friend, I am raising everyone up to the same level.

If you're not raising yourself over anyone, then where is the need to raise everyone else? I just don't follow your reasoning.

If you cannot see all as Kings and Queens, then you are setting some over others. That is not humble. No one has a right to rule over another. You yield that right by choice.

I do not see any of my fellow souls as a King or Queen from a spiritual point of view, and I do not see the necessity to invoke the terms with the exclusion of the one Lord of my soul, God. Spiritually, I recognize no other King or Queen.

Because I was not born with it.

Born with what?
edit on 13-3-2011 by mysticnoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I do not see any of my fellow souls as a King or Queen from a spiritual point of view, and I do not see the necessity to invoke the terms with the exclusion of the one Lord of my soul, God. Spiritually, I recognize no other King or Queen.

I see. You have a lord of your soul that you are subject too. I understand that view my friend. The Lord IS my soul. That is why I am King. If you prefer to remain a subject, that is fine. I won't call you King or Queen if you find it objectionable. That does not change what I know about myself though.

Born with what?

The laws of society. The only Law I was born with is God's Law, to love one another.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I see. You have a lord of your soul that you are subject too. I understand that view my friend. The Lord IS my soul. That is why I am King. If you prefer to remain a subject, that is fine. I won't call you King or Queen if you find it objectionable. That does not change what I know about myself though.

You are welcome to call yourself whatever name you please. I was just trying to understand what Kings and Queens have to do with loving everyone. I think you have explained yourself now, though I do not agree with your view.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

You are welcome to call yourself whatever name you please. I was just trying to understand what Kings and Queens have to do with loving everyone. I think you have explained yourself now, though I do not agree with your view.

No worries my friend. I never expect anyone to agree with me. Those who wish to be made Kings and Queens, to be free, will be. Those who wish to remain as governed by man, are welcome to that as well.

It is a big world after all.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

You're king or queen of your own path, no one is responsible for your actions but you, thus you're also ruler(king or queen) of your own soul.

Hes not saying "hes God" but a part of him...

IAMIAM is a wise soul without a doubt...

edit on 13-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
You're king or queen of your own path, no one is responsible for your actions but you, thus you're also ruler(king or queen) of your own soul.

You so get me my friend!

I am not wise though. Christ figured all this out long before me. I simply learned from him. You understand what I say, so you are equally as wise as I am. The wisdom comes from within.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by Akragon

You so get me my friend!

I am not wise though. Christ figured all this out long before me. I simply learned from him. You understand what I say, so you are equally as wise as I am. The wisdom comes from within.

With Love,

Your Brother

Wisdom comes from within bro, don't drag yourself down. Yes christ had it all figured out, but you were wise enough to see through the garbage in the bible and find the true teachings....Love, respect, passion, awareness, empathy, compassion. These are virtues of the wise my friend!

Im not saying be high on yourself, or even think of yourself as any less or more then any other man.... but don't focus on what your not...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I agree that I am responsible for my own actions, but that also means that I am subject to the consequences of my own actions, so really I am a slave to my own actions/desires in this world, which is what I said in my initial post to IAMIAM on this matter

He said his soul IS Lord, not that the Lord is a part of him. Perhaps I am misunderstanding his expressions.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

He said his soul IS Lord, not that the Lord is a part of him. Perhaps I am misunderstanding his expressions.

Let's try it a couple different ways my friend.

In a full glass of water, is a drop of water within the glass any less than the whole?

Would the whole be less without it?

Is the drop greater than whole?

Here is another way...

God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omnibenevolent, and Omniscient.

Therefore, GOD must be within all things, at all times.

You cannot be separate from God, nor is God separate from you.

Your consciousness is part of the consciousness of God, just as the drop is part of the whole of the water in the glass.

When I say I am King, I am acknowledging the divinity within me AND YOU.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

I agree that I am responsible for my own actions, but that also means that I am subject to the consequences of my own actions, so really I am a slave to my own actions/desires in this world, which is what I said in my initial post to IAMIAM on this matter

your actions create your own Karma...so if your actions are loving and positive, then you're not a slave to your actions. On the other hand if your actions are negetive, you are definately a slave to your actions, and thus a slave to the world because you're not learning, so you may have to return over and over....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Let's try it a couple different ways my friend.

In a full glass of water, is a drop of water within the glass any less than the whole?

Would the whole be less without it?

Is the drop greater than whole?

Here is another way...

God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omnibenevolent, and Omniscient.

Therefore, GOD must be within all things, at all times.

You cannot be separate from God, nor is God separate from you.

Your consciousness is part of the consciousness of God, just as the drop is part of the whole of the water in the glass.

When I say I am King, I am acknowledging the divinity within me AND YOU.

With Love,

Your Brother

well said

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Thank you for clarifying this for me, I think I finally get what you are trying to express.

When I say I am King, I am acknowledging the divinity within me AND YOU

Yes, I see that now. However, like I said previously, I reserve the words King or Lord for God, so I feel somewhat uncomfortable if someone uses those terms casually to address everyone.

To illustrate with the drop of water analogy, for me the Lord is the ocean, whereas the drop is my soul. The drop is not the ocean, though the drop and the ocean are of the same essence of water.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

your actions create your own Karma...so if your actions are loving and positive, then you're not a slave to your actions.

Both positive and negative actions create consequences or karmas. The former are unpleasant karmas, the latter are pleasant, but either way, the soul is bound to the results of the actions. Loving actions reap loving rewards.

The only exception that I see is if actions are performed without the self or "I" as the doer, but it is not so easy to be in such a state of mind.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yes, I see that now. However, like I said previously, I reserve the words King or Lord for God, so I feel somewhat uncomfortable if someone uses those terms casually to address everyone.

I understand my friend. It is something new, at least I do not know anyone other than the Sikh he hold this philosophy. This is not to say that I am a Sikh.

To illustrate with the drop of water analogy, for me the Lord is the ocean, whereas the drop is my soul. The drop is not the ocean, though the drop and the ocean are of the same essence of water.

The Ocean and the drop are one. The father and I are one. You and the father are one.

I am within the father, and the father is within me.

Etc. etc.

I see no reason for the division between God and I.

Love is love.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

It is something new, at least I do not know anyone other than the Sikh he hold this philosophy.

This must be a unique Sikh, as it is the first I have heard that they hold to this philosophy. I use the Guru Granth Sahib Ji as an inspirational reference text, and I have not found a single passage where it suggests that we are all King or the Lord. Again, that my just be my own understanding.

I see no reason for the division between God and I.

As long as there is an "I" or an ego, then there is a division.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

This must be a unique Sikh, as it is the first I have heard that they hold to this philosophy. I use the Guru Granth Sahib Ji as an inspirational reference text, and I have not found a single passage where it suggests that we are all King or the Lord. Again, that my just be my own understanding.

Wonderful! Since you have a background in Sikhism, then you may understand better if it is simply refered to as the Khalsa?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Wonderful! Since you have a background in Sikhism, then you may understand better if it is simply refered to as the Khalsa?

Well, to me, Sikhism is to the Guru Granth Sahib Ji as Christianity is to the Bible. In others words, I believe that the religion based on the words of the text has to some extent lost touch with the true essence or meaning of it.

However, the main and pertinent difference between the Bible and the Guru Granth Sahib Ji is that the latter was written by the gurus or saints themselves and not a word has been altered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join