It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Nukes Might Fit on Missiles, Aircraft: U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

North Korean Nukes Might Fit on Missiles, Aircraft: U.S.

www.globalsecuritynewswire.org

The isolated Stalinist state closely guards its nuclear program, limiting the availability of solid intelligence on its evolving deterrent capabilities. The aspiring nuclear power is believed to possess enough processed plutonium to fuel about six warheads, and a recently revealed uranium enrichment program could provide the nation with another avenue for producing bomb-grade material. It is not certain, though, whether Pyongyang has acquired the ability to field nuclear weapons on a bomber or missile.

"We expect the North will continue to test-launch missiles, including the [Taepodong 2]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I know there is a lot going on with the quake in Japan and the Nuclear reactor, but I have been trying to find important news that might be overlooked. North Korea is getting closer to having easily "deployable" nuclear warheads. Even though they have threatened time and time again, without action, eventually the ball will drop. When it does the world will be in for a serious shocker. It may not be next week or even next year, but North Korea will eventually have the technology to hit the U.S. with a nuke unless more is done to stop them.

I'm not calling for war with North Korea by any means, but the sanctions that are in place are clearly not doing their job. The sanctions are putting a lot of stress on the civilian populous of North Korea but it is barely making a dent in their military funding / research.

www.globalsecuritynewswire.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

North Korea developing a more refined NUKE has been expected. We know they are working on and have tested medium and long range missiles. We know they have popped off a couple in fairly recent tests. This is just the next logical step.

Having said that, The west [including Japan and South Korea] aren't completely defenseless against such an attack. It may be worth taking a gander at this info..>Star Wars: It has begun. The following video is from that thread.

Here is a video from Northrup Grumman.
Keep in mind this is NOT Science Fiction.
Its a capability demonstration animation video for the Pentagon.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Below is a link to the wiki for another anti warhead weapon, this time an airborne lazer platform. Its an impressive piece of kit, and has been tested with pretty god success so far.
en.wikipedia.org...

Heres a snippet from Future Weapons, with a little more, plus the obvious advantage of video.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
and to add all the Arial Defence Artillery....Pushing something off the ground isnt so hard. Keeping it in the sky and Space the we seem to controle, takes on a different intellect N.Korea hasnt yet mastered...hey Slayer, do they have to means and ability to send up thousands of decoys for maybe 6 of the real deal take targets?

I would be looking into moving warheads onto a fishing vessel and change colors and well you know where I am going
edit on 12-3-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: added content

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

Heck, N. Korea hasn't even figured out how to make one work properly yet let alone having thousands of decoys.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Good video, I've seen it before (from that thread too). I'm a bit hesitant to even come close to saying that it would be accurate on completing it's job or could. That's alot of micro-timing of boosters in space & if one doesn't fire on time, oops, followed by a kaboom! I guarantee that we/the people can't hold Northrup Grumman responsible for the mishap or it's affiliates that built the darn thing... Nevertheless it's better than nothing in a world that can not rid itself of war...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Good job man for keeping an eye on NoKo. I've been watching them as well. I am highly surprised that they aren't up to something since the Japan event. For example: "hey world, we're gonna test out these nifty rockets." I believe that Japan has changed the game over on the asian peninsula, for now. Depending on the outcome of this nuclear situation.

I know there was chatter of them getting ready to do another underground "nuke" test but they may have a bit more confidence to do it more openly... However, I have to disagree w/ you about them not being able to figure things out (see above sentence) or perhaps it was sabotage. Nevertheless, we should never underestimate any opposition. Would you agree?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
"U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency Director Lt. Gen. Ronald Burgess said"

Must be true, it's on the internet.. which is a reflection of it's virtuous creator who could never tell a lie: al gore.. lol

A tool told some DC clown Committee what they wanted to hear, 'the boogie-man never rests'... billions more will be printed, then promptly flushed for freedom... hip, hip..hoooray! A bunch of lard stuffed suits got together, "harrumphed!!" about scary evil doers, and stroked each-other about how they, as righteous guardians of freedom, must spend borrowed billions.. it's the only moral choice.

These establishment clowns who anoint themselves lofty titles are known liars & war mongers who don't know dick... and wouldn't tell you if they did. The so called enemy isn't profitable without being super scary.. WMDs, nukes on missiles.. be afraid, be very afraid.

top topics

join