It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Daily Show With George Bush

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sniper068
Jamuhn

Ok lets start with economics, shall we !

Nice try, Sniper!
I could introduce numerous facts to show how hollow your argument here is. The fact of the matter is, economically speaking, this administration has the worse track record since at least Hoover. Here's why, according to some presidential historians:

HOOVER: �I would say GW is our worst president since Herbert Hoover. He is moving to bankrupt the federal government on the eve of the retirement of the baby boom generation, and he has brought America�s reputation in the world to its lowest point in the entire history of the United States.�
hnn.us...

Things are not going nearly as well as BUshCo. claims (on the economic front). These guys have taken the prize for expanding the size and scope of our government and causing the largest deficits in our nation's history. True conservatives see this and find it abhorrent, not to mention dangerous. No real Republican could support this madness.

Oh yeah, and I can't pass this up - it's hillarious - talking about all those new jobs created.. BushCo. thinks flipping hamburgers is a MANUFACTURING job! How utterly disengenuous is that?! I've never heard anything so absurd in my life!

Sniper, I take it you're a Republican. How in the hell can you even begin to defend this president's disasterous, budget-bloating policies? How can you support these policies that have sent so many much-needed jobs overseas? Bush has presided over the worst "intelligence failure" in our nation's history, lied us into war and holds himself as unaccountable to the people when those under him - and sanctioned by him - are torturing innocent men, women and children in his hidden gulags all over the world? And then there's Tricky Dick Cheney's Halliburton screwing the US military (OUR MEN AND WOMEN IN UNIFORM!) out of so much money its ungodly. Sure has been a good year for Dick, eh? At least somebody's makin' money.

I voted for Bush in 2000. I've seen the most corrupt presidency of my entire life - and Nixon's included - in the year's since. Just because I'm a Republican doesn't mean I will close my eyes to the damning truth of what's going on. One thing is certain, George W. Bush is not competent to run a nation, a country or even a scooter for that matter. He has the intellect and capability of a toad.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
sniper068,

If you are talking for jobs in the fast food industry for a low income family to feed their children well, what a victory for bush lest keep the poor on poverty with a couple pennies to spare, for people with education out of college well that is were the unemployment is, you should come to my city and check the labor department and apply for a job in there and see what you get, this country poverty and children living in poverty is in the highest since bush took power, but occurs you can work in the fast food chain and feed your family right? A job is a job, and by the way were my tax cut? I am still waiting for it.

If you believe the illusion bush is selling you with job creations, you should get out from your nice home and into were real hard working Americans live and see the reality of bushes job creation.

See I worked for the city was I live; I worked with minorities and migrant workers. Got tell them about their jobs and tax cuts they will spit on your face and bushes face if it come close enough but he will never do that bush will never come and visit the poor because he knows better.

By the way this an oppinion and life experience nothing personal, sniper068,

[edit on 21-7-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
In addition to my previous post I thought I'd add this - concerning the not-so-rosy economic picture. Both from the New York Times.

A Growing Force of Nonworkers
By Edmund L. Andrews
New York Times

Sunday 18 July 2004

Washington - If President Bush was correct when he asserted recently that the economy was strong and getting stronger, why are so many people not only out of work but also not looking for jobs?

Mr. Bush noted with evident relief that the nation had added 1.5 million jobs since last August. Senator John Kerry and his supporters complain that the country still has about a million fewer jobs than when Mr. Bush took office.

But neither statement captures properly the shortfall of jobs that has built up over the last three years. An accurate estimate is not one million but four million, and possibly higher.
www.truthout.org...

An Emerging Catastrophe
By Bob Herbert
The New York Times

Monday 19 July 2004

Drive through some of the black neighborhoods in cities and towns across America and you will see the evidence of an emerging catastrophe - levels of male joblessness that mock the very idea of stable, viable communities.

This slow death of the hopes, pride and well-being of huge numbers of African-Americans is going unnoticed by most other Americans and by political leaders of both parties.

A new study of black male employment trends has come up with the following extremely depressing finding: "By 2002, one of every four black men in the U.S. was idle all year long. This idleness rate was twice as high as that of white and Hispanic males."
www.truthout.org...

Both articles have links back to their home at the NY Times - but you'll havta register to get to them.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
ECK

Well it appears we have a dilema here. It seems your information differs from my information. I notice you were so kind as to post the source of some of your information, Truth.org and NY Times to name a few.

NY Times, the same newspaper that knew of the Iraq - bin laden connection weeks before the 9/11 commission released there findings stating there was no connection. The NYT knew there was and withheld those documents until the report hit the press.

A move to clearly discredit the President.

Truth.org in my opinion is a nothing more than discruntled liberals who are inebriated with the exuberance of there own verbosity.

John kerry, I dont believe he has ever said a word of truth to the American people. Yet you feel his job statics are more accurate than the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor reported today , Nonfarm payroll employment continued to rise in June, and the unemployment rate remained at 5.6 percent. Payroll employment increased by 112,000 in June, following larger gains in the prior 3 months.

We cleary have a difference of opinion here, I dont buy into the America is hell bent on world domination conspiracy theory. I do believe that America is the strength and economic fiber that binds the nations of the world together. Im not being arrogant, only trying to point out what Country is called upon and without hesitation sends it young men and women to aid those in need.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by sniper068]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
marg6043

I said nothing about burger flipping that was your pal ECK. I simply stated the figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistic. I do believe they are qualified to do so, unlike ECK using john kerry as a source for employment figures.

You want to talk about a person with the qualifications of a toad, john kerry. Maybe you should spend a few minutes and enlighten yourself.

Of coarse I dont take it personal!! Im sure if I new you personally, we would be friends, everyone is entitled to there opinion and I respect that.

I am a working man with a family by the way.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by sniper068]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Just like anything in paper looks good, the department of labor is government run agency, their number look good for Bush campaign and claims, but the reality is far different, I most be living in another country in the US because in my heck of the woods the figures do not match the reality of the people around me in my city.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The reality is this: Are we better off than we were four years ago, five, six? No. Not by a long-shot. The states are starving economically and, as we used to say in the Army, shyte rolls down hill.

I have an excellent, white color job and yet, I am by far worse off now than I was three years ago. (I had to liquidate my stocks awhile back, for example to meet unexpected expenses.) It's getting harder and harder to get by in this economy. I'm just thankful I don't have any mouths to feed other than my little monster puppy. That's the reality. Look around. Here in the southern city I live in everywhere I look folks are struggling. My experience is no different than most. The fact of the matter is this: Americans' personal yearly debt because of the Iraq misadventure is roughly $3,000 plus per year per household. I was opposed to the invasion from the beginning, knowing it was all BS, and now I am strapped with a debt of 3 grand on top of my own commitments. That is more wrong than I can say.

George W. Bush and his war-mongering cronies should be forced to re-imburse the American taxpayers every last red cent for misleading us into an ill-concieved, illegal and immoral war. And that's not even mentioning all the good men and women who have so bravely given their lives for this FARCE. How do you re-imburse their families for such a grave loss? Unfortunately you can't.

As to my sources Sniper, I've come to learn that when someone doesn't like you or vehemently disagrees, no source you can provide is good enough for them. The New York Times, like it or not, is what we call the bible of newspapers. I don't always agree with them, but it is what it is. As credible a source as you will find in the mainstream. Most papers copy off the wires the stories found in it. And as for TruthOut, it's nonpartisan, so if I were you, I'd take another look at it. It's simply a compendium of news and views from around the world. If you want a source like WorldNetDaily or NewsMax, you won't find it here. They're a joke. DrudgeReport, ok, but I take it with a grain of salt.

The bottom line is the good jobs are disappearing at an alarming rate, shipped overseas. It's treasonous. Most people have to work two jobs to enjoy a decent living and that's just plain wrong. This administration has destroyed our government surplus and charged up the largest deficits in our nation's history. (At least liberals can't blame Reagan for that one anymore.
) Sniper, your children are gonna be hardpressed having to pay that back while at the same time probably having to take care of you. Is that you really want and believe in? No offense, but it's the height of unfairness and irresponsibility. You might just hear those very words come from their mouths when that day is realized.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I can talk about jobs here, my husband spend 22 years in the services, and got a ok retirement 6 years ago and I was working as a teacher, kids still in school, and life was ok, three cars a ok home, stocks and good 401K.

Now my husband works 2 jobs plus retirement and we can not make ends meet we still have our 401K but had to borrow out of it, most of our stocks have to be cash to have end meets and I had two surgeries in one year had to stay home, our so call middle nice class living has disappeared in the last 3 years since bush got in power, and my husband and I are still trying to figure out what happened, thank god we have health insurance or we will be bankrupt with over 100,000 in medical bills.

We are making more money now, but with the taxes (we did not got anything out of the cuts by bush) our daughter now in colleage, the cost of living our money just seems not enough, I am afraid to go to work again because that will raise our tax bracket even worse.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Tell me about it, Marg. That's exactly what I'm talkin' about. One or two unexpected expenses - God forbid it's health related and you have no insurance - you're screwed. It's damn near impossible to get out of a financial hole because everything else starts caving in on top of you.

And trust me, I feel your pain on the not wanting to jump into a new tax bracket. I got a raise out of the blue recently, and would you believe, it actually meant nothing to me? I won't even get into that. It's done little good. At least it made my higher ups feel good about themselves.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
EastCoastKid,

Thanks, is nice to have somebody in the same situation, and that understands. But I see a good thing out of it coming, at least my daughter will have a good education in the University of her Choice regardless of expenses, she disserved It.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
EastCoastKid,

Thanks, is nice to have somebody in the same situation, and that understands. But I see a good thing out of it coming, at least my daughter will have a good education in the University of her Choice regardless of expenses, she disserved It.

It's way more widespread than any of us can imagine. It's like something my mom said once.
"They're rich, mom!" I said, pointing at my friend's house.
She turned to me and said with a wry smile, "They're not rich, they're just in debt."

Most everyone I know seem like they're very successful, but in truth, they're maxed out to the extreme and their pay is gone before it hits the bank.

I can't imagine what it would be like to have to fill up an SVU's tank of gas right now. I could not afford it. Then you have these maroons driving around in these monstrosities we call Hummers. (Sorry - after having to ride around in them during the Gulf War, it's the last thing I want to see out here on the block.)

Congrats on sending your daughter to college, Marg. Your husband and your hardwork has not been for nothing! I'm sure she will go on to great things.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
marg6043

LOL!!! Some people are so predictable, I knew you were going to say that the Bureau of Labor Statisics was a goverment agency !!!! LOL !!!!!

Its funny that you should also set yourself up with, It looks good on paper.
Let me ask, all the information you feel to be credible and worthy of putting your trust in, what is that carved in stone , or voices in your head ???
Really, I want to know what lends so much credibility to the crap on sites like truth.org or moveon.org ? Do you every consider that maybe they are lying to you ??? That you are being decieved for there agenda ??

One more comment, maybe you live in the wrong neck of the woods.
Where I live the economy is alive and well, maybe you should consider a move. The ecomony is ever changing, If you are a blacksmith living in New York than yes I would say your economic future is bleek. It would be unfair to blame the President just because there are no more horses to shoe.

Just trying to prove a point here, nothing personal.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Sniper, if you don't mind answering this question, how old are you? Are you in school or are you in the work force? Your answer will reveal much about your position about this. I'm not trying to be combative, just trying to understand where you're at in the scheme of things. Everything Marg has said is VERY valid. I back her position up completely. She's been out there in the world for awhile, her husband was a Marine and they've got a kid in college. Marg's perspective is vast in this regard.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
sniper068,

Life is not a video game or a nice movie where the heroes always solve the problems, go out and look around your community but do it where the real people live the ones that this administration has forgot when it did the tax cuts for the rich.

Look at the faces of the unemployed in the waiting lines looking for jobs, of the people that had not homes, look at the children in this country that live in poverty, in a country with a big spending agenda can not help the unfortunate put food in the table to feed the families.

You go and become social worker and see the ugly side of our inner cities.

These people the government has given them his back, has forgotten that they are real and it has shut his door to them.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What's scary is that millions of Americans live on the very edge of the precipice every day. One unexpected added expense will throw them off into the abyss of financial chaos and possibly homelessness. So many! And they are probably seen as people who are very successful! Do not be fooled by outter appearances.

What's even more scary is that there are a multitude of people out there outside of the work force not even accounted for.

You should see the amount of homeless people we have in this beautiful city, (which is the second largest banking center in the nation after NYC). They're everywhere. So much for spreading the wealth.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Many blame the past year or two and it's economic downswing on U.S. President George Bush. Those that do have obviously not had in depth education into the law(s) of economics. Economic flucuations occur over time, not instantaneously. The economic policies put in place by an administration, under most circumstances, do not bear fruit until several years thereafter. The difficult economy found in the first year(s) of President Bush's term are a result of numerous factors, including ex-President Clintons economic approach, along with the 9/11 attacks, which had a grave impact on the airline industry, investor confidence, and the economy as a whole. Democratic tax and spend policies inevitably propel the economy into the situation inherited by President Bush. If you do some research, you will find the economy is in quite a significant expansion right now.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Because of Dubya's idiotic policies and insistance on dragging us into a needless war, each and every tax-paying household is strapped with an additional $3000.00 debt per year.

And you wanna try and defend that?

BushCo. should be forced to pay each and every one of us back for this deadly blunder.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
To blame the President of the United States for the war in Iraq is evidence of grave misunderstanding. Here is an equation, and I suggest we think about it for a time. Money=Power. Simple right? Powerful people make decisions that affect policy, and one must search much deeper than President Bush to adequately disseminate one's anger about current world events, in particular, the war in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
To blame the President of the United States for the war in Iraq is evidence of grave misunderstanding.

You should look a little farther into it.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Opinions are as certain anatomical features, everbody has one. I delight in presenting a contrasting view here. Ronald Reagan, during his presidency, was made out by the left to be a warmonger, an idiot, a fool, among other things, uncannily similar to what the left is attempting to do with George Bush. Bush has vision, as Reagen did, and has the guts to go forward with what he believes to be the right course of action, with what his cabinet has advised him to do, even in the face of great attack from the left. The man has guts, period.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join