It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which city do you think is most vulnerable if a tsunami would hit it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think there is no place you are really safe when a natural disaster accure? but when I've looked around on the world's coastal cities I found that Miami is probably most vulnerable? I've searched but found no plan for how to evacuate in case of tsunami, given the unstable climate in the current situation, it is odd that you did not observe this more!? The question is whether there is a contingency plan at all?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think all 5 boroughs of NYC would be pretty vulnerable too. Only the Bronx is attached to any land. Manhattan and Staten Island are islands, and Brooklyn and Queens areboth attached to Long Island.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I agree with you but why is this topic not discussed more intensively in the media? We see again and again the consequences and the tsunami affect it has on people! so many life that could have been saved? I get the feeling that they actually calculates the end but keep knowledge to themselves. with them, I mean our governments. It can hardly be the case that we gonna facilitate the planning of an emergency evacuation and update it with current information? These facts are as scary as the tsunami itself, nay even more when it seems that they actually do not care?

edit on 12-3-2011 by stavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
New Orleans, their helpless cry babies, that can’t help themselves. Thank God the tsunami didn’t originate in the gulf. Even if the people of Nawlands had a month to prepare they wouldn’t. Hey, that makes me think…did anyone see Dick Chaney and Dubya swimming with some bombs around Japan yesterday morn?

top topics

join