It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private HATE messages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I always just have one thing for people who send me private hate messages because they don't agree with something I said in a thread I wrote, or a reply I posted because they don't want to lose ATS points. And it gives me great pleasure in doing so!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7358f7bb6bf.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 12-3-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
I always just have one thing for people who send me private hate messages because they don't agree with something I said in a thread I wrote, or a reply I posted because they don't want to lose ATS points. And it gives me great pleasure in doing so!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7358f7bb6bf.gif[/atsimg]

I can totally understand why it gives you great pleasure, what i don't understand why they send private message's just because of the ats points that is a bit pathetic, we are all here to learn from each other, we are not in competion with one and other about who has the most points, at least not me.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If members are harassing you in U2U's you need to alert mods.. Members can't be doing that, you can get banned for it. Contact a mod or admin and don't let the naysayers upset you

People who feel the need to U2U someone and put them down because they don't agree are not worth the time, thought or energy it takes to send the message

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Good advice, but to be honest I don't care and I enjoy sending them back the above gif.

Its only happened a couple times.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I was wondering why you kept sending that pic to me 3 times a day. I thought it was just your way of telling me I needed to get a haircut.

on a side note- what the..
.... is that? Is it from an old movie or something?
Not sure if you know who this is or not. He's one of the cast members of Saturday Night Live, and in the band- The Lonely Island. I can picture Andy Samberg with a poofy permed wig on, making that expression.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Hahahaha I didn't know who it was, I just found it, but I'm crying with laughter when someone posts a stupid ghost photo or a shock revelation or something and I get to use it again.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

sorta looks like a clip from Italian Spiderman-

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I am slightly curious as to how you knew that, but I honestly am afraid to ask.

So did you actually watch the full movie? or was the preview clip enough?

lmao. that's great. Thank you for that clip.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The terms and conditions of this site that apply to all of our posts that we submit, they also apply to all private messages that we send. If any member is receiving "hate messages" in their inbox, please inform staff and it will be looked into.

Messages of this sort are not tolerated.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I haven't gotten a good hate PM in quite some time. I must be slacking off on my debating skills, lol!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I haven't gotten a good hate PM in quite some time. I must be slacking off on my debating skills, lol!

Naw, the guys slowly found out that you were a girl. That makes a big difference in any situation.

(Not that you need anybody to cut you any slack. You seem to hold your own side pretty well.)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What Chissler said.
No hate mail is tolerated. Nor threats etc.
If you get them, report them. It's really that simple.
In my opinion there is a bit more cowardice involved if what you say to a member, has to be behind the scenes.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Never sent anyone any hate mail before ever, but by "stupid ghost picture" you probably mean my thread in the Paranormal forum on the luminator, Mark Macy and spirit photography.
You just posted that without any comment or contribution to the subject, simply to mock the subject matter.
That is actually against ATS rules.
However, since you did comment later, and I found the clip rather amusing (I thought it was Robert Plant on Acid), or maybe an old clip of yourself seeing a ghost in the 1970s, or just being, well stupid, I didn't alert.
So, please keep the sarcasm for your private hate mail (I'm not surprised you get it) and treat other people's threads with the same respect you want on yours.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Being completely honest, what I said above was 100% not talking about your thread. I was meaning personal ghost photos of orbs when its raining or snowing and ectoplasmic mists when someone standing close by has a cigarette in their hand.

I didn't agree with, but I appreciated your thread.

But you have to admit, that clip is pretty damn funny to reply with if someone says a stupid shock revelation or posts a ghost photo that is obviously a camera strap in the way of the lenses.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have seen that gif before elsewhere, and have to admit I always thought it was Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

It's all good, I'd just advise that some commentary goes with it, or else you leave people to make their assumptions about something that is not directly clear.
It could be pulled completely out of context.
Thanks for the clarification.
Most basically we can all reply with slightly cryptic/humerus clips - it could make the forum hilariously surreal, but it doesn't do much for debate.

new topics

top topics

join