It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake releases Japans greatest nightmare.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awolscout

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Thank you so much for your post. I too believe that laughter is the best medicine.Maybe I am a sick individual, but I always seem to find humor in the darkest of times. It makes the boogeyman go away cause he doesn't like to laugh.

I fully understand that, that was the only way I made it through the day without going crazy. If you can't laugh in the darkest of times then you may as well curl up and die.

There is a time to laugh and a time to have empathy and respect.

If your incapable of empathy then at least try to be respectful. This thread is disgusting and has no place here on ATS I really hope its removed asap.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Thank you so much for your post. I too believe that laughter is the best medicine.Maybe I am a sick individual, but I always seem to find humor in the darkest of times. It makes the boogeyman go away cause he doesn't like to laugh.

I fully understand that, that was the only way I made it through the day without going crazy. If you can't laugh in the darkest of times then you may as well curl up and die.

If your incapable of empathy then at least try to be respectful. This thread is disgusting and has no place here on ATS I really hope its removed asap.

I agree.

My feeling is the Dead should be buried first, that is after they are found, or those still trapped are freed.

Then humour is appropiate on any subject matter.

Elf
edit on 12-3-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

I agree.

My feeling is the Dead should be buried first, that is after they are found, or those still trapped are freed.

Then humour is appropiate on any subject matter.

Elf
edit on 12-3-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

Your both confusing two completely different things. Having a sense of humour does not denigrate Empathy nor Respect. Humour exists not only as a coping mechanism, but laughter releases endorphins into the system that can seriously ease stress and depression.

It is entirely possible to have a sense of respect for a situation, person, or subject and still try to make light of it. That does not take away from the impact of the subject in any way shape or form. But what does take away from that subject is the treatment of certain things as taboo.

I've never understood the sense that a subject can be taboo, it's illogical and goes against our natural abilities as humans to bring something to light or get through something.

But if you really think that its so horrible I'll go and inform my little bro that the Godzilla jokes that got him to actually smile yesterday made him a disgusting terrible person for laughing.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Humour is a defensive mechanism.

I dont find it funny though.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Your both confusing two completely different things. Having a sense of humour does not denigrate Empathy nor Respect. Humour exists not only as a coping mechanism, but laughter releases endorphins into the system that can seriously ease stress and depression.

No your NOT in the situation....... YOU are watching it on TV and the computer, YOU don't need to use humour to release your endorphins.

If you were there and made a joke to release some stress that's one thing, but sitting at home and laughing about something SO serious is another thing altogether.

edit on 12/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Wow. Just wow.

Your OP was silly, though I suspect you did not mean to offend. This post, however, is unbelievable. Because of what Japanese soldiers did 65 years ago, innocent people deserved an earthquake and tsunami? Is that really what you are implying? That is Fred Phelps logic.
edit on 12-3-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There is a time for all things and this is not the time. I am not easily offended. That being said ...shame on you. This was wrong and not funny. :shk:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Why don't you post some 9/11 jokes? I bet you thought that was hilarious too.
Extremely poor taste....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

No your NOT in the situation....... YOU are watching it on TV and the computer, YOU don't need to use humour to release your endorphins.

If you were there and made a joke to release some stress that's one thing, but sitting at home and laughing about something SO serious is another thing altogether.

edit on 12/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

Okay if you wanna go that route. Then hey your not there either, you clearly arent experiencing it first hand. So essentially you have no reason to be concerned, or to consider the subject serious. Since after all your just watching it on T.V. and your computer right?

Or am I off? Besides who are you to say how a person reacts to something? So just because a person isn't at the site they aren't able to be negatively affected? Or possibly heartbroken? Your essentially arguing that because it offends you, that it must be offensive. That the people that are in the thick of it would be appalled?

Trying to take something as simple as light hearted joking and turning it into something appalling and terrible is so inanely stupid that its infuriating at a base level. I sincerely hope that ATS doesn't decided to go this route for the next month or so, although judging by the measure of the responses of people that I can only imagine in the back of my mind as being self-righteous T.V. watchers is any indication then I think I'm gonna end up hating this board for a good while.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go back to being happy that my friends are even alive. Oh also I'm gonna go crack some Godzilla jokes with them, five bucks says they laugh.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Um... I'm sorry, but I honestly think that the joke was funny. I can understand crying about the thousands of people dying in Japan, I've done my fair share of it, but millions of people are being raped, murdered, starved, and tortured all around the world, and where is their attention? Where is their deserved help? Putting all the attention on Japan and not the people in, say, Africa, starving to death because of lack of supplies is asinine. A joke about Godzilla isn't that bad of a thing, I've heard plenty worse. And yes, I have a lot of respect and feel a lot of sorrow for those in Japan and other nations who lost loved ones to the earthquake and tsunami, but I've noticed that people get way too serious in these situations. Sometimes humor is the best medicine, and I think that the OP was doing a good thing by alleviating, or at least trying to alleviate some of the stress.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CDWard

Thank you for understanding and enjoying a little humor in a difficult time.

To everyone who condemed me for finding a little levity in a clearly bad situation.Stop being so self righteous and get over your self.You are not my moral compass so shut up and go away. There was no need to try to play my mommy or daddy they died many years ago. I truthfully don't give a randy rats a$$ what you think of me.So stop trying to make me feel bad cause all I do think is that you are too big for your britches.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join