It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan ground cracking open and moving.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There are many reason of accident in Japan due to Tsunami. One of them may be change in climate of the country. what you say?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wow thats...freaky to say the least.

Although i have an idea how its happenning; he mentioned in the video that it used to be Tokyo Bay and that it is now reclaimed land.
If you imagine when the earthquake struck, sea water must have got in through cracks underground and that massive part of the park is now floating like a bowl in a washing-up basin.
As the mass moves it pushes the sea water up onto the surface, kinda like when you step on a loose paving stone in wet weather.

1st post by the way

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1972ian

Is he calm or merely numbed by close to 300 high intensity aftershocks? Many of us would have flown the coop by this time, but for those who remain, we`ve seen live interviews in which the interviewee points out that there`s another one going on at the time, and they don`t even run for cover. As they`re processing it, they`re also filtering out subtle factors that tell them whether it will pass, IMO. But whatever the reason, that video is unique and awesome while being terrifying at the same time.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hello everyone, first off I'll Introduce myself, new here, this is my first post. The reason I decided to join what looks like an interesting, and diverse group of fellow earth dwellers, hiya future friends, the same to those who may disagree with my opinions. Keeping in mind a Fart is like an opinion, sometimes your own brand is the only kind you can stand

Hope to make some friends here while being my crazy old self. "insert self reflection moment"

OK to the Topic, this Video gave me chills, all I know is I would not have stuck around for to film! a crack in the EARTH opens next to you, you are fully aware you are on a Land Reclamation Site!!! DURING a FREAKING QUAKE!!! Man kudos to the valium comment, you know who you are, I loled. So anyways di some digging, cause that's what I like to do, here's what I found:

"Land reclamation projects in Tokyo have also been going on for centuries. The most prominent is the Odaiba area, now a major shopping and entertainment center." Source, Wikipedia

At this location: 35.645371,140.04244 on google maps, is the park this was filmed in, I was shocked I managed to find it, never been to Japan, but have wanted to travel there, guess it just got upgraded to the bucket list, sry too early?
Anyhow, in the Video towards the end you see the Hat structure? It is a gazebo of sorts, you can find it on satellite view at 35.645371,140.04240, the tall lights match up too. Anyhow just wanted to share so you can see how large of an area is on man made land in the Bay of Tokyo, sounds like a great idea in tsunami/quake land.

I feel so bad for the Japanese, so little warning for those that made it, the fact people made in some areas shows me that despite all odds, mankind will carry on in some way shape or form.

Edit: In the vid the guy looks about to loose it and then you can hear fear in his voice, during the contracting and expanding crack scene, the very scene that gave me goose flesh.
edit on 15-3-2011 by realitybytesysop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Lawn sprinkler lines breaking....big park area likely 3" PVC main line..Earthquake can snap them quite easily.

Been doing irrigation all my life.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The real thing is so much more powerful than any CG recreation...

All this chaos has my mind exhausted.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
That's the liquifaction that can happen during earthquakes. Go to a beach sometime and slap some damp sand with your hand and it will cause the water to swell to the surface. This used to be worse than the Earthquake itself when the liquifaction would cause the buildings to topple. As the fear-lacking guy with the camera said it was reclaimed land from the bay. Not a smart place to be.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
What are they teaching you kids in school these days? Haven't you heard of liquifaction being part of earthquakes. The shaking of the ground brings ground water to the surface. It causes mudslides and buildings to topple. It's one of the most dangerous aspects of earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TGreenman
What are they teaching you kids in school these days? Haven't you heard of liquifaction being part of earthquakes. The shaking of the ground brings ground water to the surface. It causes mudslides and buildings to topple. It's one of the most dangerous aspects of earthquakes.

On the mainland it is already dangerous,i think you dont want any liquifaction on a island.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I would really like to see an updated video of this same land.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
I would really like to see an updated video of this same land.

Same here!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by charactereducation
There are many reason of accident in Japan due to Tsunami. One of them may be change in climate of the country. what you say?

That's quite a stretch of the imagination, baseless and unfounded. Big fan of a fat gore-ish man making a fake economy out of fake 'carbon credits', are you?

Best wishes to the people of Japan.

edit on 16-3-2011 by dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

not likely sprinkler line.. did you see
ther way the water was lapping like a wave breaking on shore?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Great find. Im constantly amazed by nature; as deadly as she is she is beautiful.

As others have mentioned it would be fantastic to see an update on this.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hey folks! I've been following ATS for a while now, especially since the quake hit Japan. I live in Norway and found this video just released in one of our major newspapers online. Apparently it's a so called standing wave. It manifested in the Sognefjord in Norway, just after the quake hit Japan. The Norwegian Geo Technical Institut received several reports of this phenomena. Freaky, just wanted to get it out there:

www.vg.no...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Oh yes, and the Norwegian Geo Technical Institut confirms there's a high probability this wave is connected to the 9.0 in Japan. It just goes to show the energy that was involved in this quake, especially considering Norway is almost on the opposite side of the earth.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Ive never seen broken lawnsprinkler lines during an earthquake...but when the ground is moving like that i'm sure the water will start "lapping".

I'll go with the most likely reason the water was pouring from the ground until proved other-wise....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by revolutionhunter
Hey folks! I've been following ATS for a while now, especially since the quake hit Japan. I live in Norway and found this video just released in one of our major newspapers online. Apparently it's a so called standing wave. It manifested in the Sognefjord in Norway, just after the quake hit Japan. The Norwegian Geo Technical Institut received several reports of this phenomena. Freaky, just wanted to get it out there:

www.vg.no...

The distance between Japan and Norway is around 8000 km.

It traveled a long way and how powerful the quake was.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
S&F!...this is a video ive watched numerous times and still have trouble putting into words what i feel....i gotta give the man that recorded the video some props b/c if it were me doing the recording, instead of seeing and hearing the "lapping" you would also hear a constant stream of urine running down my leg....jokes aside, my thoughts and prayers go out to all those effected by this horrible event in Japan.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
reply to post by imawlinn

Ive never seen broken lawnsprinkler lines during an earthquake...but when the ground is moving like that i'm sure the water will start "lapping".

I'll go with the most likely reason the water was pouring from the ground until proved other-wise....

My thoughts exactly. No matter the source of the water, if the masses on either side (both or independently) are moving, it is going to slosh the water about.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join