It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation tracking on the west coast. Volunteers needed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Having difficulty accessing websites that show minute updates on radiation levels. This thread really needs people posting readings so we can have an idea of danger levels rising globally with this crisis event.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I believe this website "http://www.radiationnetwork.com/RadiationNetwork.htm" has been taken down for a reason. They dont want us to know what is really going on.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali420

I believe this website "http://www.radiationnetwork.com/RadiationNetwork.htm" has been taken down for a reason. They dont want us to know what is really going on.

Yes that is the one site I listed as a source for the reading on the internet. Now we have nothing. Any Ideas on how to get too people who might have some data/metering equipment?
edit on 15-3-2011 by jlafleur02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali420

Kali, if you go to www.radiationnetwork.com...
that one is up.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
As I posted this info on another thread.......I called the guys who own the site due to the 404 errors this AM........Its all legit and they have been swamped with calls for the products and services they provide.

The did have some issues over the last couple of days with the website........it should be all good now.........

The site is FREE and is actual readings from their network team..........

As I said before......when in doubt, pick up the phone and call them.........the computer will not do that for ya....

www.radiationnetwork.com...
edit on 15-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Does any one know of any other radiation monitoring sites. I searched around but couldn't find any.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

www.radiationnetwork.com.
or
www.blackcatsystems.com...

it was in the post right above yours.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Gamma radiation levels on West Coast 2 to 10 times levels on East Coast
Source: East County Magazine (San Diego, CA) By Miriam Raftery March 16, 2011 (San Diego, CA) 12:30 a.m. -- A radiation map on the U.S. Environmental Protection Service shows radiation levels at measuring stations across the United States. There is a disturbing pattern showing gamma radiation levels along the West Coast, Alaska and Hawaii at two to 10 times levels on the East Coast, with Midwest states in mid-ranges. The EPA radiation site (www.epa.gov/radiation ) has a database but does not app..

I found this on a google search but the link doesn’t work any more..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I have been checking 2 different website for the radiation readings. The first is www.radiationnetwork.com... and the second is www.blackcatsystems.com... one gives a reading of 44 in san francisco and the other gives a reading of 13 in san francisco. Is that a big difference? it seems to me if they are in the same area then it should be similar to each other. I will keep looking to see if that difference in reading hold consistantly. In the meantime someone give a radiation reading somewhere.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The readings on Radiationnetwork.com in San francisco are jumping all around. They go from 44 to 26 in a few minutes, maybe a malfunction while the readings at black cat systems are 11 or 13. Going to work so compare the 2 sites and see if it holds true.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
While at the health food store to buy either potassium iodide or kelp (both of which were sold out, . .I bought a seaweed named Wakame for its iodine content, . .when i got home, i looked for a recipre and interestingly found this - Quote - "-Wakame is high in dietary fiber, calcium, iodine, and alginic acid, among other vitamins and minerals. The alginic acid in wakame is said to bond with heavy metals, make them insoluble, and remove them from the body. In fact, I recently read that after the Nagasaki bombing, people who ate a strict diet of brown rice and miso soup with sea vegetables did not suffer from radiation poisoning.
Wakame works as a blood-thinning agent, so people taking anti-coagulating medications should avoid it.

- www.moscowfood.coop...

SMR

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I just saw Denver jump from 56 to 79
I assume it has to do with incoming Japan flights ?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
I just saw Denver jump from 56 to 79
I assume it has to do with incoming Japan flights ?
who knows all kinds of crap out in denver. There are many threads about that airport on ATS

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
KCBS reported this morning that radiation will arrive in the winds over California on Friday, March 18th.

Forecast is: rain.

Today, Thursday the 17th, a geiger counter not on the network shows background normal at 15 counts per minute here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Danger level is 130 CPM.

However, a single microscopic particle of Plutonium might not even show up on a Geiger reading, yet 1 millionth of a gram is considered a fatal dose when inhaled.

Better safe than sorry, I am staying out of the rain tomorrow.

Will post again if levels on our counter rise.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Chakotay because: Wife Says: Watch the cat. If it dies, we're toast...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I've been watching the monitoring map at www.blackcatsystems.com... but ever since they've posted the comment, "Are your friends panicked by media coverage of the event? Share this page so they can see things are normal.", I've had the desire to get my own measuring device.

I also heard Dr. Bob Bowman say today on Alex Jones that most of these devices only measure environmental radiation, and don't pick up on the kind of radiation we'd be getting from Fukushima.

Any comments on that and/or recommendations for a device that's readily available, effective, and not too costly?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm not panicking at all, . . just quietly watching and preparing just in case, . you know, .. an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, ..Also, has anyone thought that maybe denver was reading those levels because it the "Mile High" city, and up closer to the jet stream, . .I was thinking maybe that initial blast in japan that (if you watched the video) went straight up, possibly made it high into the jet stream, and if it went high with velocity, maybe went over the west coast, and was now registering in denver

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

edit on 17-3-2011 by thevolunteerwino because: i want to delete this one

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I havnt read all the posts here yet, but what i'm currently in the process of was listening to live news feeds in japan, like nhk world, . and trying to correlate any explosions with the jet stream forecast you all have posted, and correlating that with the US Geiger readings, . ..
A good feed from japan, . i need to collect more from that area, especially emergency broadcasts, . .but this one is a news feed translated to english - www3.nhk.or.jp...
edit on 17-3-2011 by thevolunteerwino because: cause i suck at forum templates till i understand them, . .

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
BTW, it also take a heart www.redcross.org . please help and give a few bucks to our neighbors to the west

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali420

uh, it's working for me, also i've found over the past few days when its been over loaded it's easier to access via googling it or direct typing in the url than it is navigating by link

edit on 17-3-2011 by onyx718 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join