It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible,that's all i have to say ! Chemainus ufo video

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

I saw this event happen

Well maybe it wasn't flares, but I live near there. I heard the helicopters and the reports of a hang-glider who crashed upon Mt. Prevost and the subsequent military support of the search and rescue. I saw the lights in the video through the trees, it did not look like the video from my vantage point.

I know what flares look like, we use them constantly in helicopter logging. Maybe it was a military exercise involving UFOs but by listening to the rescue communications in real time I can only conclude that it was a legitimate search and rescue with help from the nearby airforce base.
edit on 13-3-2011 by NiNjABackflip because: too much coffee means I can't spell

edit on 13-3-2011 by NiNjABackflip because: typography

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yup.
I'll say it one more time...

It's a flare.

That's why you heard the small child say "daddy, I saw smoke/fog rising out of the top of it"

Its a g-damn flare.

Get over it.

No Im not a "skeptic" (not really), and no im not a "debunker"..

Just calling things as they are.

Some people that know me think Im "crazy"...

Good god.. If only they got a load of some of you.........

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I agree, I would love to find out it is a UFO.

The video definitely looked strange, but you must realize it was going happening on a 788 m high snow covered mountain where it snowed continuously the whole month. I listened to the reports of a missing hang-glider in real-time. CFB Comox (the nearby airforce bace) reported the next day that it received UFO reports that night, and told the local media that it had it's helicopters aiding in the search and rescue. I also saw the lights and heard the choppers with my own eyes, except I live about 50 km closer

To Mavrik: Could it be a coincidence? Of course. Could it be outright lies? Yes. But to scoff at my input then turn around and state your opinion of what it is based upon a youtube video is exactly why the UFO debunkers laugh at us and say we wear tinfoil hats.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

It looks like a view through a microscope or magnifying lens affect.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't believe you anymore because you stopped filming and ran inside like a little girl when the military supposedly showed up. I would have kept filming untill I was shot at for recording the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by Ahmose

I agree, I would love to find out it is a UFO.

The video definitely looked strange, but you must realize it was going happening on a 788 m high snow covered mountain where it snowed continuously the whole month. I listened to the reports of a missing hang-glider in real-time. CFB Comox (the nearby airforce bace) reported the next day that it received UFO reports that night, and told the local media that it had it's helicopters aiding in the search and rescue. I also saw the lights and heard the choppers with my own eyes, except I live about 50 km closer

To Mavrik: Could it be a coincidence? Of course. Could it be outright lies? Yes. But to scoff at my input then turn around and state your opinion of what it is based upon a youtube video is exactly why the UFO debunkers laugh at us and say we wear tinfoil hats.

You do wear tinfoil hats! And you get laughed at because you wear them!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
What is it with these hoaxes?

I am sorry but I saw this a mile off, some guy looking at a light blowing smoke in front of the camera and/or light and then wondering what it is:

"Oh it's perfectly circular now..." - no really?

There is a small black object on the circular light that never moves from it's position, total give away.
I think you watched ten seconds of the vid, no more. You obviously did not bother to see the parts where he zooms out.

I don't know what he filmed but it sure is not what you think it is.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Qcuailon

You have watched the other video haven't you? And I'm not sure I get your logic, because it was out of focus in the OP's video that means it was not a flare?
Nope, I'm going with most likely a flare.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg

Originally posted by old_god
What is it with these hoaxes?

I am sorry but I saw this a mile off, some guy looking at a light blowing smoke in front of the camera and/or light and then wondering what it is:

"Oh it's perfectly circular now..." - no really?

There is a small black object on the circular light that never moves from it's position, total give away.
I think you watched ten seconds of the vid, no more. You obviously did not bother to see the parts where he zooms out.

I don't know what he filmed but it sure is not what you think it is.

And it sure as ain't what we all want it to be...I did watch the whole video several times (as I always do, start off by giving anything a chance once...)

A UFO does not equal Alien Visitors from a far off galaxy which seems how far and wide people are jumping sometimes.

I was being sarcastic however I do not discount that it is an [Unidentified Floating/Flying/Falling Object] however I have my doubts on some areas simply down to common sense: the guy is smoking and then wondering what the strange smoke trails are going across the front of the camera...

So you have to show some caution when 80% of what is going on is correctly recognised but there is doubt over the other 20%.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Chadwickus has already rightly spotted what it is, I'll expand on it a little..

What it is......A streetlight with moths or something flying around it.

What are the swirls......Its a combination of branches between the light and the camera being brought into the image by the digital zoom artifacts. Its a small point of light being overzoomed which causes those odd patterns.

What its not...A Planet, clouds or a star and certainly NOT an alien craft...

Sorry, its a very very common effect seen on many many video's..

EDIT: The same effect can be seen partially in the video in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The item isn't a round pulsating blue ball as you will see when the guy pulls back the focus so you can see the buildings, only then do you see its a small whiteish light that's blinking and probably a star with some atmospheric goings on causing that twinkling look.

Again, once an item is digitally over zoomed out of focus you start to get diamond shapes, a look like the top half is darker and many other FALSE image artifacts.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

So did you both completely decide to ignore the fact its clearly in the sky ?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
How come he stopped filming it, did he get bored?

It looks like a view of something through a microscope - not convinced this is anything worthwhile, sorry.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's 2011 and were still calling lights in the sky "incredible". It's a light. In the sky.

The old adage "the camera doesn't lie" is a lie. The camera is the most useful tool ever developed for lying. I'm glad I'm not so easily impressed.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schlotzkins
It's 2011 and were still calling lights in the sky "incredible". It's a light. In the sky.

The old adage "the camera doesn't lie" is a lie. The camera is the most useful tool ever developed for lying. I'm glad I'm not so easily impressed.

One day, a legitimate and provable UFO video will be taken by someone, and it will be blurry, wobble, and clearly the video camera expertise of the person taking it will be very low. You can't simply dismiss a sighting because the quality of the video doesn't meet your expectations, that's very shoddy research.

Let's consider a few things about this sighting. And the plane.. the plane is important. Because its presence imo, unless it itself is also CGI, nullifies the chance that this is a hoax. How likely is it a circling bomber at night would be caught during the filming of a hoax video?

Unlike a few folks suggest, it is not on the ground. It lights up clouds beneath it when he zooms the camera out. So it is in the sky. I think we can rule out many things due to the unmoving nature of the object. Planes, night time skydivers, LED controlled devices, etc. The only explanation other than it's something extraordinary I could probably accept is that it is a flare.

I have a few issues with it being a flare though. First, it's ovoid. It has a definite oval shape. ALL videos I have ever seen of flares of any kind (terran or dropped from a plane) produce a round circle of light. The single point of burning flare creates this. I have never seen an oval flare. Next, it doesn't seem to move. Check out the other flare video in this thread. You can clearly see both the white smoke above it in the light of the flare, and you can clearly see it moving slowly downwards, as it must. This doesn't seem to move at all. I see no motion whatsoever. Flares cannot do this, unless it was filmed from a long ways away. And the surface - I suppose it could be cloud wisps moving across the surface, but it does not appear to be the case. Those lines are quite amazing. They do not move in of themselves, as if they were smoke, vapor, etc.

Just watch the start of the video - a thick almost double vertical line moves across it three times (as if going around the objects and coming back to the front) - and after a small pause, it goes across again. Smoke? Clouds? I don't think so. It's quite amazing. And that some of you can do your brilliant research to determine things like it is tree branches, someone blowing smoke across a light, etc... blows my mind. Do you care to do even rudimentary research?

I am hardly saying it's an obvious group of bored aliens from Regulus - but I am saying it deserves a LOT more research than the haphazard and quite frankly for this site, embarrassing amount of time some of you put into it before debunking. I think the movement across the object is quite important, and people dismiss it immediately as things it clearly cannot be. If there was no bomber flying over at the end, I'd like many, would be more skeptical. But that adds an entire new layer of complexity to the sighting. It certainly deserves more attention than some of you have decided to grace it with. It's not a stupid dot - it's not a balloon or a raindrop on a window or a reflection. It's something that should garner more of your attention. Unless of course, the purpose of this site is now to see if you can debunk something faster than anyone else, with as much disdain and ridicule as you can muster.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Well, let’s pack our bags guys and move on, it was a search mission for a missing person, the case is closed. It was a flare.

really !

?

Nice work debunkers ,hahahah,'You make daddy proud'

TODAY IS A CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION !

I still think it was a ufo.

lmaf

You’ve been in the rabbit’s hole all night immortal, what did you find out?

He found out it was flares, and that’s that, its time to pop some bottles, call my debunkers and skeptics over, and celebrate this moment.

YEEE HAWWW ,YEEEEEE HAWWW ,YEEEEEEEEE HAAWWWWWWW

I know immortal, just suck it up, everything will be ok.

you heared him ,time to pack your bags,lets go.

AND HURRY UP!

DONT TELL US TO HURRY UP!

LOL,,You wanted them to debunk it,and there it is,so how does it feel to finnally be on the dark side of the force,the truth,the light .hahahaha.

He has nothing to say, awww ,'this is one of those kodak moments' say cheese mortal 254,lol.

Say something immortal..anything.

This cant be happening!

He clearly stated from the beginning that he didn’t know what it was, so there for, there’s nothing to celebrate.

THE FREAKING SPOT LIGHT IS ON US TONIGHT ,LMAF,'LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLE'...YEEEE HAAWWW....YEEEEE HAAWWWWWW.

Before you start getting all Howard Dean and all,i would like to ask one question and one question only.
What type of flares produce no smoke?
I mean, what were they flying over,’ a smoke free environment‘, the object surly illuminated every thing else ,even the clouds underneath.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

GREATEST TRIANGEL EVER SEEN

is this a flare ,are these flares ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hardee2k11

it disappeared
he filmed for 40 seconds after it had gone
did you watch it all?

im not convinced its cloud or smoke
clouds dont drift in several directions at once
it looks like jupiter but sped up
he is deffinatly genuine he thinks he is seeing something strange
could it be an L.E.D balloon?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Before you start getting all Howard Dean and all,i would like to ask one question and one question only.
What type of flares produce no smoke?
I mean, what were they flying over,’ a smoke free environment‘, the object surly illuminated every thing else ,even the clouds underneath.

At 2:00

Kid - Dad please!!!
Dad: - What Owen??
Kid: Dddh I sawey some fog come fomm the top of it!
Dad: Yes that's smoke Owen.
Kid: Wow!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Originally posted by Schlotzkins

One day, a legitimate and provable UFO video will be taken by someone, and it will be blurry, wobble, and clearly the video camera expertise of the person taking it will be very low. You can't simply dismiss a sighting because the quality of the video doesn't meet your expectations, that's very shoddy research.

Let's consider a few things about this sighting. And the plane.. the plane is important. Because its presence imo, unless it itself is also CGI, nullifies the chance that this is a hoax. How likely is it a circling bomber at night would be caught during the filming of a hoax video?

Unlike a few folks suggest, it is not on the ground. It lights up clouds beneath it when he zooms the camera out. So it is in the sky. I think we can rule out many things due to the unmoving nature of the object. Planes, night time skydivers, LED controlled devices, etc. The only explanation other than it's something extraordinary I could probably accept is that it is a flare.

I have a few issues with it being a flare though. First, it's ovoid. It has a definite oval shape. ALL videos I have ever seen of flares of any kind (terran or dropped from a plane) produce a round circle of light. The single point of burning flare creates this. I have never seen an oval flare. Next, it doesn't seem to move. Check out the other flare video in this thread. You can clearly see both the white smoke above it in the light of the flare, and you can clearly see it moving slowly downwards, as it must. This doesn't seem to move at all. I see no motion whatsoever. Flares cannot do this, unless it was filmed from a long ways away. And the surface - I suppose it could be cloud wisps moving across the surface, but it does not appear to be the case. Those lines are quite amazing. They do not move in of themselves, as if they were smoke, vapor, etc.

Just watch the start of the video - a thick almost double vertical line moves across it three times (as if going around the objects and coming back to the front) - and after a small pause, it goes across again. Smoke? Clouds? I don't think so. It's quite amazing. And that some of you can do your brilliant research to determine things like it is tree branches, someone blowing smoke across a light, etc... blows my mind. Do you care to do even rudimentary research?

I am hardly saying it's an obvious group of bored aliens from Regulus - but I am saying it deserves a LOT more research than the haphazard and quite frankly for this site, embarrassing amount of time some of you put into it before debunking. I think the movement across the object is quite important, and people dismiss it immediately as things it clearly cannot be. If there was no bomber flying over at the end, I'd like many, would be more skeptical. But that adds an entire new layer of complexity to the sighting. It certainly deserves more attention than some of you have decided to grace it with. It's not a stupid dot - it's not a balloon or a raindrop on a window or a reflection. It's something that should garner more of your attention. Unless of course, the purpose of this site is now to see if you can debunk something faster than anyone else, with as much disdain and ridicule as you can muster.

This. A thousand times, this.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
That's why I never dismiss cases that cannot be clearly explained, like this one.

How do you know that it was a bomber and that it was circling, we do not see that on the video, and even the witness couldn't identify what it was, he first said it was a helicopter.

This doesn't seem to move at all. I see no motion whatsoever.
I see, when I compare the three occasions in which he zooms out, as you can see below.

(I changed the gamma seeting to make things more visible)

Frame 120 - 00:03.999

Frame 885 - 00:29.498

Frame 8987 - 04:59.546

As you can see (I suppose) it looks like the object moved to the left and up, but it's hard to be sure.

And that some of you can do your brilliant research to determine things like it is tree branches, someone blowing smoke across a light, etc... blows my mind. Do you care to do even rudimentary research?
Yes, that's one of the reasons I think those are tree branches and that the object is the one moving, not the dark lines.

I think the movement across the object is quite important, and people dismiss it immediately as things it clearly cannot be.
They can be tree branches, I have seen that effect several times myself. As I don't have a video camera (I only have a photo camera with video capability, but it only has auto-focus in video mode) I cannot show it now, but I will try to get one borrowed from work.

It's something that should garner more of your attention.
Unfortunately, our witness forgot to focus the camera on the object, so we are left with very little to analyse.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I live just north of Bloomington, Indiana. Over the past decade or so, I have witnessed and videotaped these very same objects as they passed by my home. My experience tells me that what I see in the Ohio tape is real, however, the structured object within the yellow/orange ball of light may or may not be an orb shape. It is more likely that the camera was slightly out of focus, causing the object to take on a round shape. I know that it looks like it is in focus, however, the camera only has to be off slightly to go from sharp and structured, to perfectly round. The shaded, irregular lines that appear on the object are probably tree branches, as someone mentioned. For comparison, below are two still frames from a video I shot, a few years ago.

(Notice the tree limb in the second image)

The complete series of stills and explanation can be viewed at: aaarc.abduct.com...

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join