It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York: Bronx tour bus crash kills 13

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Thirteen people have been killed and 10 injured in a tour bus accident in New York City, officials say.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 12-3-2011 by union_jack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Wow, so something other than an earthquake in Japan has happened? This isn't good news either though. Got a link?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Why did you post this under fragile earth?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
coz breaking news never works for me...what you suppose to put in your own words...other than its breaking news..

edit on 12-3-2011 by union_jack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
www.thebostonchannel.com...

I just read about it. Sounds horrifying.

I've driven that stretch of road so many times, it's crazy to imagine what happened. Like something out of a final destination movie.

The bus ended up swerving while trying to avoid a tractor trailer (at least, according to the driver), and then it turned and hit a support pole which ended up slicing the bus in two... right at the windows.

Very very bloody and horrifying scene.

Apparently other drivers stopped and ran to the scene, but after the first few people saw the carnage they kept other people away from the mutilated bodies, with the whole, "You don't want to see this."

Just, what a horrible way to die. Although, those who died might have been lucky in the scheme of things, since most of the people who survived ended up loosing limbs and will have to live with the horrible images they were forced to witness during the crash.

I'm just suspicious of the bus driver. He survived and all he can talk about is this mysterious tractor trailer which he says caused him to swerve. Instead of apologizing for the deaths or even staying silent from shock... this guy keeps talking about how it was all this unknown tractor trailer's fault. I bet there was a tractor trailer... but I think speed on the part of the bus driver was a main factor. He should be investigated.

Either way, I pray that all those who died are at peace and that the family members of the dead and injured have strength to get through what will be a difficult time.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Oh yeah... and the death toll has rose to 14.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Local news sites always have better info :

Courtesy WPIX-11 TV/Tribune Entertainment :
www.wpix.com...

14 now dead, 18 still hospitalized. New York State Police is looking into the possibility of driver responsibility.
edit on 13-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xFloggingMaryx
I'm just suspicious of the bus driver. He survived and all he can talk about is this mysterious tractor trailer which he says caused him to swerve. Instead of apologizing for the deaths or even staying silent from shock... this guy keeps talking about how it was all this unknown tractor trailer's fault. I bet there was a tractor trailer... but I think speed on the part of the bus driver was a main factor. He should be investigated.

Yesterday... the authorities were looking for this tractor trailer that the bus driver adamantly blamed the crash on...

Now, they are investigating the bus driver. Eye witnesses say the bus driver was speeding. Just as I said yesterday.

www.thebostonchannel.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
...And now the death toll is 15.

And the officials are confident that it was the bus driver's error.

Negligent homicide, maybe?

join