It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Brooklyn on news (12 March 2011)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Just saw this video and wanted to make a thread, not about the UFO itself, rather a thread about how the tv presenters make a joke about it.

they always behave this way. are they ordered to handle all UFO story's like this?

edit on 12/3/11 by dadfortruth1 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 12/3/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Unfortunately, here in the US, most UFO stories are reported in a joking manner. Many news outlets ridicule the witnesses and some even question their mental stability. I believe that UFOs are still a taboo subjest for our media. They will report sightings, but half jokingly, often with some stupid music playing, and even more stupid comments. Even if these reporters believe, they would never admit it on air. That would be career suicide.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
another dodgy looking video of a light, i couldbnt even work out if it was actually the sky he was filming.
i do believe in aliens but these films never make me feel like there is proof.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Gotta love the reaction of the female reporter... A guy films an unidentified object on his camera, but no, it's not really there, he was just drunk.

It's NOT a legitimate question, alcohol does not make objects materialize in the sky.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

I don't think they need to be ordered to be patronising and belittle what witnesses saw, it's just ingrained in our society. It's herd mentality, many people won't dare to go again mainstream consensus that UFOs can't possibly be anything worthy of investigation and therefore UFO witnesses are drunks or so stupid that they are always mistaken.

I've had close friends and family do the same thing which is even more dissapointing. It's extremely patronising to have someone who wasn't there tell you that you can't have seen what you just did.

I'm sure these media types will act very differently when they are given the go ahead to treat the subject as legitimate. I wonder if they'll apologise?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Of course they are programmed to behave in this manner 'Go back to your reality t.v programmes people, nothing to see here'. The thing is though they are the ones who look foolish. Claiming that he possibly had a few drinks before hand could be used if he had not had video evidence. I don't know what the thing is, but it certainly didn't look like a helicopter.

The U.K government recently released files relating to UFO reports in the U.K over the last forty years and the MSM treated the claims in these files with exactly the same disdain.

Unfortunately this will not change until a UFO lands on the lawn of the of the Whitehouse or outside the Houses of Parliament and little green men come out to destroy everything in their path.

edit on 18/02/2011 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Not that a light in the sky means anything I am sure I would listen to a person who was so deeply affected by the Brady Bunch.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

I couldnt agree with you more, i am surprised it got any air time at all.
I just hate the way the media treat the subject of UFO's. If you believe in them or not, there is enough real facts to atleast take it seriously.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
thought the video was actually alright. guy who made it sounded genuine guy with a job in the local communities. so he doesn't sound like a hoaxer. so then you gotta figure out what he filmed.

Overall this is just a reminder what the press will do to you if you come forward with ufo material. the will do their best to make you feel like a fool. embaress you and make you wonder how you will ever face your family and friends again.

maybe there is a big display due soon

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Yeah nice try. How about watching the whole video before commenting? You can clearly see some bulidings when he zoomed out and yes it is in the sky.

A diamond shaped UFOs is quite common and there is still no explanation for them. Interesting stuff thanks for sharing. S&F

Ps: Sorry but the reporters are retarded. Why they are asking dumb questions and make fun of him? Damn i´m really pissed off.

edit on 12-3-2011 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The guy stated he did not think it was a flying saucer, he was just looking for help in figuring out what it was whether it was a rational explanation or not. There was no need to mock him the way they did.

Technically it IS a UFO because it is an Unidentified Flying Object.... UFO doesn't instantly mean alien spaceships! Once identified it ceases to be a UFO. A balloon could be a UFO if the person seeing it doesn't know it is a balloon.
It really annoys me when people make that mistake of assuming all claims of UFO's are loons convinced of an alien invasion.

So remember: UFO doesn't necessarily mean aliens!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hi guys, I am new here, this is my first post
, yikes!

When was this UFO supposedly filmed?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This really is a good post OP showing what you intended. Those news people are evil incarnate. Can you imagine a true good hearted person actually delivering news? Don't count on it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I would imagine that a lot of these newspeople are actually believers,but fear of making themselves look foolish,or even lose their jobs,probably keeps them from sharing their true beliefs!

Remember,this is the way most of the public gets the news. Do you think they would take news seriously if the reporter started jabbering on about how much they believe?

Many of us on this site would take them seriously but unfortunately,most of the population is sadly blinkered to the phenomena!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Considering how many people are quick to jump on the hoax bandwagon with any video that mentions a UFO here, is good to see a general consensus building that this is a topic that should be taken seriously. There are just too many reports from very reputable sources that proves something is going on. Considering how racist some people can be to members of their own species it is not surprising that any ET's involved with Earth would rather stay quite. I would like to think that humanity can overcome its cultural baggage and learn to accept some of the greater truths in this universe while I am still around, it would be a pretty cool day and an even cooler future.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
What has drinking alcohol to do with recording an UFO......Do they appear more often on camera when being drunk?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

That is how the media says "we lie and do not know how to deal with this". Most people who are not stuck in zombie mode will realise that some thing is not right.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hmmm, interesting video. I'm sure that a lot of news reporters would deny the possibility of it being a UFO even if they are believers. Wonder if anyone in the area reported this sighting?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The male reporter actually says "We have no idea what it is" so the derisory remarks are made in ignorance. With the blueness of the colour, they could have at least suggest something other than a helicopter, maybe a model or something appropriate.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The guy was a freaking smartass, typical. Sarcastic/loud and referring to obvious hoaxes (example the stupid brady bunch episode), accuse the guy of drinking even though that would have absolutely no effect on the video...Im getting so sick of this

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join