It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Jet Stream North America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If we get any fallout on the West Coast of the US, we could probably get Charlie Sheen to snort it.

I kid, I kid. In all reality I would imagine that we'd get quite a bit of warning before this happens.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here's the current information from FDA on Potassium Iodine.
thyroid.about.com...

I'm getting some. I'll buy extra and trade you. Wacha got?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i am so tired of people saying that amercia, was evil for dropping the bombs on japan.
do you forget japan and germany wanted to rule the world. after the defeat of germany,
japan continued to fight, knowing that they had no chance of winning. three countries,
the united states, the united kingdom, and the republic of china, called for them to surrender
in the potsdam declaration. out of some miss guided pride and or stubbornness, they refused to give up the fight.

after the bomb was dropped on hiroshima, truman made a announcement about the weapon that was deployed.
and also said this.

If they do not now accept our terms, they may expect a rain of ruin from the air, the like of which has never been seen on this earth. Behind this air attack will follow sea and land forces in such numbers and power as they have not yet seen and with the fighting skill of which they are already well aware.

as horrible as it may have been for the people in hiroshima and nagasaki to have been killed directly from the bomb. the truth is that 90,000–166,000 killed in hiroshima, 60,000–80,000 killed in nagasaki, with the thought at least 80% died from the blasts, the other from the after effects of the blast. it is also thought that if the war would have continued, at least one million japaneses and one hundred thousand amercians would have been killed.

the japaneses were a proud and tenacious people, they would rather die than see a invader conquer their land.
and had every man women and child ready to fight. there would have been much more killing if the bombs hadn't of been dropped.

i believe that just about all historians agree with this.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sky news and Japanese governmt confirmed that nuclear power plant explosion radiation leaked at least three person were cook@!$^*& but nuclear reactor no damaged...
I am very confused

edit on 12-3-2011 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
damn man..wow tis moments like this, that make me think, every city should have stayed with the burning of garbage too make electricity. wind power even. technically thiers nothing wrong with nuclear energy, but think of all the radioactive waste that needs to be stored, using water too cool the rods. its stored in salt mines under the earth. eventually it iwll elak out into the environemnt in a few thousand years. if humans arnt around to maintain that, then of course it will.
in my city, southwest CT...we take our used motor oil to katrina recycyling center. It is burned, not cleaned up and re packaged, as soem oil companys do. it is simply bunred. ive seen it few years ago, big red tank ignitess a fire plume ontop, hose connected to where the oil is poured in.
by comparison, my roomate, his umcle owns a towing truck buisness. he uses used motor oil to burn it for heat in his shop. these kits cna be bought for conversions to oil furnaces..but at $3,000 and up! thast a quarter the payment for anew furncace!
The point im making..as long as we use and burn waste with materials like this..why cant it be rigged up to the citys electric grid? ya know? burn used oil to make electricity! yeah im sure it creates pollution, but hey, it aint as bad as oooo i dunno...lets say nuclear meltodwn radiation? radiation hangs around for years and decades, and contaminates all and everything in it. what does burning oil do? add a micron more methane or hydrocarbons too the air? BIG DEAL!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hate to say it and apologies if there is already another thread on this but if you go onto the Harrp Website, you will see that they turned it on just before the Earthquake happened in Japan.

Evidently, this is the same for the one in Chili, Haiti, China and many others. The same depth at 6.21 miles and also rainbow like stuff / clouds going on in the sky for a few hours beforehand, like a build-up of something in the air etc.

Below is the link to the Harrp website and you can clearly see, it has been off for some time now but was turned on at the same time as Japan's Earthquake.

If this is true, the Government in charge of Harrp should be tried in Court for Murder!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It makes you wonder if they did set it off, one never knows. Just seems strange to me it was going at the same time the quake happened.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ok, found a reliable article here that is adressing this:

I am quoting from another thread, for obvious reasons.

Originally posted by burntheships
More from same article

Coming In Hot: Impact on North America

Panic is uncalled for, since cesium contamination poses a long-term rather than short-term threat, which can be reduced with timely countermeasures.

1. Pacific Jet Stream: In the spring season, the jet stream moves eastward from Japan toward the United States. Heated isotopes, riding on a cushion of steam and oceanic updrafts, will rise to the west-east jet stream at altitude 20,000 feet or higher. Areas of radioactive fallout are difficult to predict since these depend on local wind currents, temperatures, rainfall and other factors. The jet stream will cross the following states: California, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois and possibly further depending on surface winds. Cesium can be expected to fall unevenly, so monitoring is vital to determine the long-term threat level.

2. Cesium Fallout: Dispersal in the jet stream will greatly dilute the concentration of radiation, but the long half-life of cesium will constitute a health threat to humans and animals. Following the Chernobyl disaster, much of Western Europe was cesium-contaminated. Populations were given dosages of iodine, a neutron blocker. A notable rise in cancer was reported. Some countries banned the feeding of infants with breast milk, due to the concentration of radiation in human organs.

newamericamedia.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Sat Mar 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
As of this time the radiation leaked has been minimal and certainly nothing that North Americans need worry about. There is no reason to believe that it will get worse as the concrete containment has not been breached and they are using sea water to cool things down.

People like to get excited about bad news, but the Japanese have enough to worry about for the moment. They don't need unnecessary panic. Nor do the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well if you removed my post, i think you should remove the one i was repsonding to, its disgusting.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ckno1
Here is a Nuclear Fallout Map:

I have seen this one too:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The jet stream will cross the following states: California, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois and possibly further depending on surface winds.

So it will cross Oregon, Montana, & Idaho....but not Washington. Well then.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

I am not sure, but I read in another thread that the map there is not reliable?

I am not trying to be a pain....just want the facts myself.

Read its a scare tactic from 4Chan...

I really dont know. Can anyone verify that?
edit on 12-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You are promulgating a scam with that radioactive fallout map. It has been proven fake -- I believe it was attributed to Annon. Not sure what their objective was. Anyway it is not real. You might want to check that out and remove it while u have time.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

You are promulgating a scam with that radioactive fallout map. It has been proven fake -- I believe it was attributed to Annon. Not sure what their objective was. Anyway it is not real. You might want to check that out and remove it while u have time.

I haven't seen the original source of either. So it's either leaked or urban myth.
Lots of them are getting tweeted.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

STOP SPREADING THIS DISINFORMATION BULL#. YOU ARE SCARING MANY MANY PEOPLE NEEDLESSLY. YOU ARE HELPING TO SPREAD DISINFORMATION

it has been proven to be a 4chan fake. Why don't you do some real research and check the US NRC website. It's not on there. so stop posting fake bull#
edit on Sat Mar 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well either way, the nuclear fallout is going to head over to the states.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
Well either way, the nuclear fallout is going to head over to the states.

To our knowledge now, there is no nuclear fallout. And the amount that was leaked is almost nothing, and will decay more then enough and dissapate more then enough by the time it reaches US and Canada. Although it could be alot worse then they say it is.

Why don't you people learn to trust someone for once. The reason why it took the USSR so long to report the chernobyl accident is because they were a #ing communist country. Stop being so paranoid and learn to trust someone. Save you pottasium ioadate pills for a real disaster. Nothing is going to happen unless it melts down
edit on 12-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

Also(not to you, but to everyone): being this paranoid isn't good for your mental health
edit on 12-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

I checked 4chan and the above map doesn't appear on that site and as for the other similiar map the earliest time stamp originates at godlikeproductions.com.

Your 4chan fiction is bogus and heresay, and you can clam it up with the shoot the messenger nonsense too,.
edit on Sat Mar 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I am not sure, but I read in another thread that the map there is not reliable?

I am not trying to be a pain....just want the facts myself.

Read its a scare tactic from 4Chan...

I really dont know. Can anyone verify that?
edit on 12-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

That time frame looks way too fast

imagine the current is going 30 mph (very fast) the whole way

Thats 1080 miles in 36 hours, hardly as far as the map illustrate the spread

However the distance from Tokyo to LA is 5471.32 miles!

So at 30 MPH that would be roughly 182 hours or about a week

That "chart" is so OFF I would say it is a troll effort

edit on 12-3-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join